PDA

View Full Version : Blitzball players

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
04-02-2006, 08:33 PM
ok, so i've started again and am about to blitz un luca for the 1st time. i was wondering which players u wud recommend i recruit afterwards.

thnx in advance

Lost Number
04-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Jumal in nets. Wedge up front with tidus. Shuu in midfield. Zalitz in def with ...Zev Ronso.

Renmiri
04-02-2006, 11:54 PM
Shuu for sure. Get Brother as soon as you can. But the real trick is get the Jecht shot. You can win even with original Aurochs after that.

Also, be aware that some players top at certain point and never get past it. Luca players don't go past a certain level so although they are the best in the begining they end up being the lamest after you played a lot.

Invest on evolving the Aurochs. They evolve all the way to level 100

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
04-03-2006, 02:52 PM
yeh i got jecht shot. i've completed the game multiple times and always keep all the aurochs, but i thought of making a change. wer do i get these characters mentioned above?

crazybayman
04-03-2006, 03:58 PM
LW - Tidus
MF - Brother - on the airship
RW Wedge - he's guarding the blitzball stadium entrance
D Kyou - on the bridge in front of Djose Temple
D Ropp - Can't remember off the top of my head
G Miyu - Moonflow, North Bank, in the area before you acquire Rikku

This team owns.

However, in Luca, until you get to these places further on in your journey, you can get the following in Luca:

LW Tidus
MF - Zev Ronso slow, but good EN
RW - Wedge
D - I forget his name, go down toward the theatre in Luca, he's sitting down on the catwalk

4evarisha
04-03-2006, 08:31 PM
Also if u can try to get Lakkam or Balgerda.

my players

Tidus
Wedge
Lakkam
Zalitz
Balgerda
Kyou or Miyu

TheSpoonyBard
04-03-2006, 09:25 PM
The best team to have just after Luca is

LF: Tidus
RF: Wedge/Shaami (Shaami has more longevity. Wedge only lasts for the first 20 levels)
MF: Zev Ronso
LD: Zalitz
RD: Ropp (He's not in Luca, but he's pretty close)
GL: Jumal

Forever Fantasy
04-12-2006, 07:20 PM
Keep the original. Then go to the Moonflow and find a girl named Miyu and have her be another goalie. Trust me, it works. Here's the positions:

Tidus: offense
Letty: offense
Datto: midfeild
Botta: defense
Jassu: defense
Keepa: goalie
Miyu: goalie

And DON'T sign anyone else until you can sign Wakka back on when you get the airship! I've N E V E R lost a game!

Miranda

TheSpoonyBard
04-12-2006, 07:33 PM
If you are going to keep that team put Datto in RF and Letty in MF.

Leucant
04-12-2006, 07:44 PM
Keep the original. Then go to the Moonflow and find a girl named Miyu and have her be another goalie. Trust me, it works. Here's the positions:

Tidus: offense
Letty: offense
Datto: midfeild
Botta: defense
Jassu: defense
Keepa: goalie
Miyu: goalie

And DON'T sign anyone else until you can sign Wakka back on when you get the airship! I've N E V E R lost a game!

Miranda

You can lose??? lol j/k i dont know anyone that plays this game that has ever lost a match.

As said before though either Kiyu or Miyu are good pickups for goalie, although i prefer Kiyu for some reason. I've always kept Botta and then i would replace i think Letty in the backfield with Judda. Wakka's not a bad choice later on, not to mention that he's cheap to hire. However, whenever i pick him up my team is usually around lvl 30 so he kinda sucks at first.

crazybayman
04-13-2006, 02:22 PM
LW - Tidus
MF - Brother - on the airship
RW Wedge - he's guarding the blitzball stadium entrance
D Kyou - on the bridge in front of Djose Temple
D Ropp - Can't remember off the top of my head
G Miyu - Moonflow, North Bank, in the area before you acquire Rikku

This team owns.

However, in Luca, until you get to these places further on in your journey, you can get the following in Luca:

LW Tidus
RW - Wedge
D - I forget his name, go down toward the theatre in Luca, he's sitting down on the catwalk
The unknown D man is Zalitz. So before you leave Luca you can get:

LW Tidus
RW - Wedge
D - Zalitz

If I had my time back, I would have looked harder for a better MF before leaving Luca. Zev Ronso is too slow.

Keeping the original Aurochs is a bit more of a challenge. They just annoy me because they all suck at low levels, and compared to the free agents you can pick up :p .

Brother is a must when you get the airship. Rin is actually pretty good, too. Although not good enough to replace Tidus, Brother, Wedge, Ropp, Kyou, or Miyu.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
04-13-2006, 04:23 PM
i usually keep all the aurochs and recruit wakka and rin (tho i dont actually use rin, it's just to tie in with the yellow/blue look :D) i recruit wakka because aurochs spirit is just so worth having

crazybayman
04-13-2006, 04:26 PM
i usually keep all the aurochs and recruit wakka and rin (tho i dont actually use rin, it's just to tie in with the yellow/blue look :D) i recruit wakka because aurochs spirit is just so worth having
Get Brother. Trust me. Probably the best MF in the game.

TheSpoonyBard
04-13-2006, 04:31 PM
Only up to Lv40 or so. I don't like him - he's too overpowered.

crazybayman
04-13-2006, 04:35 PM
Only up to Lv40 or so. I don't like him - he's too overpowered.
Yes, that can be a problem. No one can stop him or even catch him at times.

farplaner
04-16-2006, 07:07 AM
I use -Tidus
-Wakka (just for sentimental reasons) but auroch's shot is good, and he can learn all abilities, excluding, of course, the Jecht shots.
-yes, Brother can't beat his speed. Since he gets involved in more actions/encounters he always levels up really fast.
-Ropp is strong
-Naida (recruit her at the calm lands shop) she's decent and has some speed (I hate slow players)
-Miyu is a great early goalie, and later goalie as a matter of fact. I like to get Nimrook, but since the Albheds usually keep renewing his contract into oblivion that can take quite a while.

Markus. D
04-16-2006, 10:08 AM
Biggs and Wedge are very good from the beggining.

to bad there almost ALWAYS taken.

Psydekick
04-16-2006, 12:42 PM
I agree with that he is easily the best on my team

Dell
04-16-2006, 02:29 PM
LW - Tidus - avalailable
RW - Zev Ronso - Luca Stadium
MD - Lakkam - Airship - the girl who run at one screen
LD - Ropp - Miihen travel agency
RD - Zalitz - Luca Street (If I'm not mistaken)
K - Nimrook - Airship

that's my team
I use it until I get Jupiter Sigil, I never play Blitzball after that.

Renmiri
04-16-2006, 02:37 PM
Keeping the original Aurochs is a bit more of a challenge. They just annoy me because they all suck at low levels, and compared to the free agents you can pick up :p .

Brother is a must when you get the airship. Rin is actually pretty good, too. Although not good enough to replace Tidus, Brother, Wedge, Ropp, Kyou, or Miyu.

Yep, the Aurochs also level up much slower than the rest :eep:
But for the long run if you get Jecht shot and if you can stand their slow leveling, they turn out to be a better bet

Rin or a Guado, can't remember his name are good. Biggs, reasonable enough. But yeah, my team would be just like yours.

Kyou is the guy that looks like Beclem from FFX-2 right ? He is good! And part of my Beclem Fan fiction, so I always have him on my team when I'm not with the full Aurochs... Datto and Jassu reek!!!! :tongue:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/2a/BLITZLE2.jpg/250px-BLITZLE2.jpg

purplepenguin
04-16-2006, 03:35 PM
My team turned into a albed team apart from Tidus.
I had Blapper and Eigaar for the albed team and brother and the albed girl I don't know the name of and Schu I think in goal and sometime I keep keeper cos the other team never gets the ball anyway.
They run rings round those fat slow ronsos!

TheSpoonyBard
04-16-2006, 09:36 PM
Biggs and Wedge are very good from the beggining.
Wedge? Yes. Biggs? No. Even then, Wedge is only a good striker for the first 24 levels, then he's more suited for defending until Lv85. Then you need to put him in goal. Biggs has low SH for most of the levels, and only becomes useful around Lv75~80.

Yep, the Aurochs also level up much slower than the rest
No, all players require the same amount of EXP to level up. The level of the opposing players is based on the average level of your team, and any player hired by the opposition that is of a lower level will catch up in a couple of matches. This stops your team from being overlevelled.

Kyou is the guy that looks like Beclem from FFX-2 right ? He is good!
Yes, Kyou looks like Beclem. He's got high EN and AT and pretty good CA at the lower levels, but his BL doesn't really increase until the mid-high levels. What use is a defender with no BL?

Renmiri
04-16-2006, 11:16 PM
Ooooo you know your Blitz!

.. all players require the same amount of EXP to level up. The level of the opposing players is based on the average level of your team, and any player hired by the opposition that is of a lower level will catch up in a couple of matches. This stops your team from being overlevelled.
Really ? Somehow it always feels to me that Datto, Jassu and all except Keepa and Tidus are stuck in low levels while the entire league is getting ahead... :(

Yes, Kyou looks like Beclem. He's got high EN and AT and pretty good CA at the lower levels, but his BL doesn't really increase until the mid-high levels. What use is a defender with no BL?
Good point. If someone is planning to get over level 80 with his/her team I recommend sticking with the Aurochs for the most part