PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for me please?

a nirvana fan
04-02-2006, 11:04 PM
Lately I have been getting a redness on my face mainly on my forehead and nose which itches like hell and is generally flakey in which makes me unconfident around people, any tips on how to get rid of this easily without using creams and stuff as ive found out they make it worser, ive tried quite a few different things but it never works.

Zell's Fists of Fury
04-02-2006, 11:09 PM
Sounds like a case of psoriasis. Which definatly needs medical attention to make it better. Probably get some sort of topical cream.

So yeah. You're better off asking a doctor this question. Not a final fantasy message board.

a nirvana fan
04-02-2006, 11:14 PM
No its definitely not psoriasis, its more like exma(dont know how to spell it properly sorry) but it's not exma, im not sure. I'll make an appointment with the 'ol docter, thanks anyway.

Venom
04-02-2006, 11:17 PM
Most likely your skin is dry, put some Moisturizer on there.

a nirvana fan
04-02-2006, 11:21 PM
will the Moisturiser make the redness die away too? also I havent got a clue about skin cremes and stuff.

Venom
04-02-2006, 11:22 PM
will the Moisturiser make the redness die away too? also I havent got a clue about skin cremes and stuff.

Yep they make the redness go away.

Well you have to do it at least twice a day.

Leeza
04-02-2006, 11:26 PM
Go to a doctor. He/she will probably prescribe some chortosone (sp) cream if it's exzema. You really can't get stuff over the counter that would help this...I don't think.

Dreddz
04-02-2006, 11:29 PM
its more like exma
Then is probably is, my Cousin had eczema and it looked pretty bad...and similier on what you are having.

a nirvana fan
04-02-2006, 11:32 PM
Ok thanks, if the moisturiser doesnt work, I will defenitely visit the doctors.