PDA

View Full Version : The Introduction of the Hall of Fame

Agent Proto
04-03-2006, 04:17 AM
Alright, the Hall of Fame Committee has spoken, and we have finally inducted four members to oficially start of the new unofficial "Eyes on Final Fantasy Hall of Fame," awarding members who have made the forums and site a much better place. While, some of the members are long gone, their achievements and memory are still strong within the forums.

The HoF Committee have recognized the following members for their overall achievements.

The EoFF Hall of Fame
Cid
Dr Unne
Citizen Bleys
Big Ogre Umaro

Now, I would like to welcome the members of the Committee and non-members to say a few things about the selections.

I would also like to invite you to send me your nominations for Hall of Fame inductions. Every nomination will be considered. However it is not guaranteed that they will be selected into the HoF, as there must be a real good reason why they need to be in the Hall of Fame, as the four selected all have very valid reasons to be in, since all four are very important for the history of the forums/site, and have contributed to the community that was Hall of Fame worthy.

Giga Guess
04-03-2006, 04:56 AM
What can I say? I'm not know to be too long winded, but here goes.

Cid

Without this fine man, we wouldn't be talking here. He helped FF geeks around the world unite and express their appreciation fir this fine series, as well as other Squaresoft games. Well earned man!

Dr Unne

Like him or hate him, he's one of the most notorious people around here (even if he is just a big ol' crank...:p). He's been around pretty much since the beginning. We salute you!

Citizen Bleys

Seems to pop in and out, but is someone who always makes his presence known. I don't know what all else to say. Good on ya man!

Big Ogre Umaro

Helped make this forum what it is today. If that doean't make him a Hall of Famer, I don't know what does.

Del Murder
04-03-2006, 05:57 AM
These guys were pretty predictable to make it, but they are key members in the history of this forum. This won't get interesting until we get to like the 15th member inducted, because I think the first few will be pretty obvious.

Proto, there's no need to get emotional over any lack of response here. Have patience and people will notice.

Who are the members of this committee again?

edczxcvbnm
04-03-2006, 06:04 AM
I <b>was</b> on the committee...but I quit because I lost interest sometime in December when nothing happened for months on end.

Having said that, I got to see the list of candidates...I am surprised at least one person didn't make it in...HIGHLY Surprised.

This list I do not really disagree with.

One thing I was never really clear on is how this HoF is positioned. Is it for the overall site, forum and chat or just the fourms. Being a person who never ventured outside of the forum that is where I would place any and all decisions I would have ever made.

Agent Proto
04-03-2006, 06:12 AM
I thought I had made it clear that this is for EoFF in general. Meaning, everything relating to Eyes on Final Fantasy, from the forums to #eoff. Yes, I am aware that nothing has happened for a very long time. One, I wasn't getting many nominations, and the thing just fell apart. However, interest returned last month with the return of Trumpet Thief.

I apologize for taking so long to get around to this moment. However, I hope that more members will send me new nominations for future inductions.

VorpalCyberWolf
04-03-2006, 06:30 AM
I am an active member of the committee and plan on staying on board.

I agree with Del, the first few will probably be really obvious for awhile, though a lot of the new members might not know about any of them.

I was kinda suprised with a couple of the turn outs, but I plan on helping publicize this in future inductions so we can get more nominations and maybe even a few more good members for the committee, new and old.

Congrats to the infamously famous Cid, Dr. Unne, Bleys, and BOU. We acknowledge and appreciate all you have done for all of us.

edczxcvbnm
04-03-2006, 07:23 AM
I thought I had made it clear that this is for EoFF in general. Meaning, everything relating to Eyes on Final Fantasy, from the forums to #eoff. Yes, I am aware that nothing has happened for a very long time. One, I wasn't getting many nominations, and the thing just fell apart. However, interest returned last month with the return of Trumpet Thief.

Maybe you did make it clear...but since when have I ever been one to read details? I get the jist of things and then ask questions if I think something is unclear or find out the hard way :cool:

The hard way is more fun although I usually ruin it for others by making that path even harder to follow in the future XD

Loony BoB
04-03-2006, 11:22 AM
Congrats to the four of 'em, much deserved. Looking forward to getting the top ten or so out of the way, though, as Murd said.

NeoCracker
04-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Go hall of Fame, I have no Idea realy who Bleys and Umaro are, but go them anyway.

Soulstone
04-03-2006, 12:02 PM
Congrats, and all that.

Dignified Pauper
04-03-2006, 12:09 PM
I would just like to point out that all these people hardly ever post here anymore. Hehe.

That being said, congratulations to the winners. You all demand the respect and attention of those around you. You carry a fervent demeanor which strikes with charisma and leadership. Thank you for founding and establishing EoFF for what it would later become the great forum of today. /end award speech

SammieBabe
04-03-2006, 12:28 PM
Regardless of recent posting history I believe that these are people who without their presence, this place would not be what it is. EoFF is the largest online resource for the Final Fantasy games and a pretty fun place (most of the time :p ) thanks to the hard work and deication of these four members.
I look forward to working for the commitee in the future... :)

Loony BoB
04-03-2006, 02:21 PM
Cid posts more often than some people might think. More than once a day on average, anyway.

NeoCracker
04-03-2006, 02:24 PM
On anohter note I say Citzen Bleys logged on

Cz
04-03-2006, 02:35 PM
Predictable, to be sure, but only because those four have had such a tremendous effect on the community. The fact is that nobody deserves to be inducted into the Hall of Fame more than these guys, so good work by the committee, and congratulations to Cid, Unne, Bleys and BOU.

Jess
04-03-2006, 03:25 PM
Congrats to those four that are in the Hall of Fame. :grinpink:

Old Manus
04-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Who would've thought?

Leeza
04-03-2006, 04:51 PM
These were a given for the first win and if it were to be anyone else other than these four, I would be having my doubts about this committee. But you came through. :)

I realize that none of the four of you are really into being in the spotlight, but thank you Cid, Dr Unne, Bleys and BOU. :)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-03-2006, 07:46 PM
Cid went from spikes to some emo box-frame jive, Bleys freaked out, Brian Carper faded out, and Mikey took his ball and went home.

Cid
04-03-2006, 07:47 PM
Cid posts more often than some people might think. More than once a day on average, anyway.

Nice to see that <I>someone</i> notices.

Rye
04-03-2006, 07:47 PM
Way. Too. Predictable. I thought these guys already won like, 20 times anyways. But congrats to them. :)

Agent Proto
04-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Way. Too. Predictable. I thought these guess already won like, 20 times anyways. But congrats to them. :)

Of course it's predictable. As Del said, it'll get more unpredictable after the first dozen members of the Hall of Fame has been selected. Who know, maybe there'll be a surprise in the near future. :) It all depends on who you nominate.

Trumpet Thief
04-03-2006, 11:27 PM
chaos: The first three are very hard workers. They brought EOFF to where it is today. Sadly, I do not know anything about BOU, so I won't comment on him. From what I've heard, a great EOFFer.

Yamaneko
04-03-2006, 11:35 PM
He coded for the main site for a long time / knight and later admin.

What about Raistlin? :D

Raistlin
04-04-2006, 12:05 AM

Nice to see that <I>someone</i> notices.
I notice! Daniel and I talked about this one day.

Anyway, about the four people who got in:

Cid: no duh, right? But really, Cid did a lot more for EoFF than just make it as the newbies might think. Not just making the forums and adminning solo for a while, but also making the website(s) and putting a lot of work into maintaining this place.

Dr Unne: another given. One of the original moderators and one of the first co-admins, the FF1 section of the website is basically his.

Citizen Bleys: yet another given. A mod and then an admin (didn't he ask to be adminned to check something and then was just never deadminned? I think he said that once. Unne's admin was supposedly temporary too, IIRC. :p), Bleys dedicated a lot of time to EoFF.

Big Ogre Umaro: Who some newbies may consider the odd-one-out of this bunch, but he's not. One of the original mods and later an admin, Umy also did a lot of the work for the website back in the day. Not many people have come close to doing as much for EoFF as BUO.

A lot of good people didn't get in this time, but mostly just because these guys were the obvious first ones. Now that the playing field's been leveled a little bit, it should get more interesting.

RSL
04-04-2006, 12:08 AM
How often do you add new members?

Psychotic
04-04-2006, 12:26 AM
Can't you guys pick the next dozen now, then we can get onto the surprises? In fact, I'll do them for you (in alphabetical order)

BoB, RSL, Kishi, ShlupQuack, Del, That other Del, Proto, Britt, IGN64Skanker, Nino Brown, Dan Walkie and Levian.

OK, I lied about them being in alphabetical order.

Raistlin
04-04-2006, 12:46 AM
I know at least a few of those that I'd vote against at any point in time. :p

RSL: uh... I'm not sure. Definitely not more than twice a year, I'd imagine, and maybe just once a year. I think I'd prefer once (just to keep it slow-growing).

Giga Guess
04-04-2006, 01:03 AM
Maybe just a something to tide over between the Ciddies...?

Loony BoB
04-04-2006, 01:22 AM
I know at least a few of those that I'd vote against at any point in time. :p

RSL: uh... I'm not sure. Definitely not more than twice a year, I'd imagine, and maybe just once a year. I think I'd prefer once (just to keep it slow-growing).
Once a year? EoFF will probably be dead before all "the predictables" get in. Maybe you should make up for the past five years in one go, then.

Rye
04-04-2006, 01:40 AM
Can't you guys pick the next dozen now, then we can get onto the surprises? In fact, I'll do them for you (in alphabetical order)

BoB, RSL, Kishi, ShlupQuack, Del, That other Del, Proto, Britt, IGN64Skanker, Nino Brown, Dan Walkie and Levian.

Don't forget Chickencha! Then I think you got all of them. Or is he not oldbie enough for it? xD

Agent Proto
04-04-2006, 01:53 AM
Well, let's see if we can get a dozen this year. I hope we can get around to another induction in the summer and/or fall.

Madonna
04-04-2006, 02:12 AM
Who are these guys? Must have been before my time~

Congratulations, greybeards.

Levian
04-04-2006, 04:17 PM

I always liked a good cup o' Spot The Odd One Out.

Dr Unne
04-06-2006, 06:37 AM
Can anyone actually name a single thing I've done other than make the FF1 section and spend a couple years yelling at people and censoring swear words? I'm coming up blank.

Rusty
04-06-2006, 07:06 AM
I thought this thing was dead xD Anyways, the first four are predictable. But still worthy! Hopefully it'll get more interesting soon, when you get the first 10 or so down.

Raistlin
04-06-2006, 03:59 PM
Can anyone actually name a single thing I've done other than make the FF1 section and spend a couple years yelling at people and censoring swear words? I'm coming up blank.
Put up with me. :D

edczxcvbnm
04-06-2006, 04:06 PM

Don't worry Dr Unne. Had I cared enough I would have voted no for you :D