PDA

View Full Version : Online Final Fantasy?

a nirvana fan
04-03-2006, 11:41 AM
With the new release of FFXI for the Xbox around the corner, do you believe Final Fantasy is a good thing to be online? I mean I know FFXII wont be online but DoC will be and if this online business keeps up, FF's in the future may be online also, do you think this is a good thing? Personally I dont like FFXI simply because I think online FF is utter rubbish. FF should be as it always has been a game where you on your OWN to fight to save the world, not alongside other random people, it makes the "Final Fantasy Experience" fade away.

Ballistix Man
04-03-2006, 11:56 AM
The experiance is almost the same except youre party members are a lot smarter. As long as their is an optional mode for it I'm happy.

Dreddz
04-03-2006, 12:38 PM
AS Long As Its optional ( and friggin free ) Im happy.

Yuffie514
04-04-2006, 01:33 AM
i like the MMO idea, because i'm ready to depart from a game with 99% NPCs (not permanently). it's just exciting, being able to play online with friends [and chat] all in one place. taking honesty from the heart, i'd like to see more similar games in the future.

Hinky the Pickle
04-04-2006, 01:43 AM
Think about this: 20 years down the road, you'll still be able to play any offline Final Fantasy you want, but Final Fantasy XI will fade into nothingness once the online service is stopped. I think Final Fantasies should stay offline, paticularily because FFXI is the absolute worst Final Fantasy I have played, hands down.

Miriel
04-04-2006, 01:43 AM
With the new release of FFXI for the Xbox around the corner, do you believe Final Fantasy is a good thing to be online? I mean I know FFXII wont be online but DoC will be and if this online business keeps up, FF's in the future may be online also, do you think this is a good thing? Personally I dont like FFXI simply because I think online FF is utter rubbish. FF should be as it always has been a game where you on your OWN to fight to save the world, not alongside other random people, it makes the "Final Fantasy Experience" fade away.
Have you ever even played FFXI?

Don't knock it til you've tried it. I personally think FFXI is the most engaging Final Fantasy game I've ever played.

DJZen
04-06-2006, 02:31 AM
FFXI is an amazing and engrossing game. You simply have to play it for longer than 5 minutes to get your ub4rl337 sw0rd sk1llz. The amount of strategy required to fight monsters in this game is amazing. You need to take into consideration every last factor that makes up your party. This includes not only your levels, but your jobs, your equipment, food, spells, weapon skill order, role in combat, the skill of the player, what day of the week it is, and finally, the difficulty of the monster itself.

As far as the money goes, it's really not all that much, and S-E has one of the best track records as far as server maintenance and ensuring game balance. They really know what they're doing, and the money enables them to do it. FFXI is, as far as I'm concerned, a top tier MMORPG. If it goes down in 20 years, that would be a real shame, but I've got a feeling they'd have something up their sleeves in such a case.

As far as "the experience" goes, that's all nonsense. There's still NPCs with distinct personality. No, I'm not talking about the random ones milling about the market place, I'm talking about the ones who drive the story. Oh, did I mention the story? It's REALLY good. The plot twists rather violenty and goes into really cool directions that most FF games don't. I won't spoil it, but you're missing out if you refuse to get up to rank 5. The BIG difference is that you can actually chat with people while you're level grinding and get advice on what you need to do next.

DeathKnight
04-06-2006, 12:59 PM
AS Long As Its optional ( and friggin free ) Im happy.

OMFG I love your sig

FF Offline please:)