PDA

View Full Version : Metroid Prime 1 & 2 disscusion

Cloud master
04-03-2006, 08:22 PM
I was wondering if anyone here plays metroid prime? I played 1 & 2 for Gamecube. Metroid Prime 2 Echoes, has the best graphics on the gamecube. Discuss Metroid prime and what you like and don't like about it here. I, personally, don't like the storyline to MP2E

SeeDRankLou
04-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Metroid Prime is a very very good game. I like all of the elements of it. Metroid is just cool in 3D. The first thing off the bat is the scenery, which is just beautiful throughout the whole game, even in the Phazon Mines. This game is one of the few games that I've played that actually uses every single button on the gamecube controller, which is cool and rather efficient. The scanning system was just really nifty. The weapons and charge combos were all cool. The story was good, and I am always impressed when people put just enough science into a game to make it believeable on a real world scale but still fictional, which this game does rather well if you read all of the computer monitors and stuff like that. I also like how this game actually explains how she starts off with no abilities, and why there are weapons scattered about instead of just randomly there. It even involved a bit of character development on Samus' part, which I like a lot. The enemy AI was semi-impressive, especially toward the end of the game. It had a few difficult bosses, which is always a plus, you know....not too many, but not none. Metroid Prime just has a lot of really cool features, and I really like it.

As the guys from X-Play so wisely stated, "It wasn't a fluke, Americans can make good Metroid games". I really like Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. While this game doesn't have the gorgeous scenery that MP had, especially in Dark Aether, it still has very detailed and well designed graphics, if not better than MP's. And it had other little improvements that I really liked. I like the missle launcher in this game better. I don't know why, just her gun splitting open to fire a missle doesn't look as her gun expanding. The ammo system was a good feature, instead of just having an endless supply of magma to fire. I like the story. I can see how it might be an aquired taste, but I rather like it. It had good structure, the same wise use of science as in the first one, and speaking roles. I haven't played all the Metroid games so I'm not sure if this is the first time, but I like in this one how Samus is not only killing the bad guy, but also saving the good guys. In the past Metroids I've played the good guys are already dead or it's just a planet full of bad guys. And again, I like how they take the time to explain how she loses all her abilities and has to go retrieve them, although I wonder what happened to ger gravity suit. The Dark Aether concept was a cool idea, almost doubling the areas to search. More and cooler weapons, the ability to boost off of magnetic rail, battles that take place entirely in morph ball mode, and Dark Samus....all cool features and nice additions. I also like the redone scan system, where the object of interest turn a different color instead of having a little symbol infront of it. This is a game that somehow improved on a game that really didn't look like it could be improved upon, but also went in a direction that some people might not appreciate. And her dismissive "it was nothing" wave at the end of ironically appropriate. :D

I like both of these games a lot, but if I had to pick just one it would be Metroid Prime 2: Echoes.

I have a question, it might not be answerable but I'll throw it out there anyway. Take into account I haven't played Metroid Fusion.
So I've seen the ending of Metroid Prime when you finish with 100%. Is Dark Samus Metroid Prime reborn using the Phazon Suit she pulled off of Samus at the very end?

edczxcvbnm
04-03-2006, 10:18 PM
I like Metroid Prime 1 better...what the fuck is up with your poll?

Sephex
04-04-2006, 12:12 AM
I like Metroid Prime 1 better...what the smurf is up with your poll?

Don't mess with the man's poll! It's so ****ing AWESOME!

Cz
04-04-2006, 10:11 PM

Don't mess with the man's poll! It's so ****ing AWESOME!Damn straight! All hail the poll!

P.S. Metroid Prime is good. :eep:

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-05-2006, 01:10 AM
whats up with the weird poll?

Sephex
04-05-2006, 03:31 AM
whats up with the weird poll?

Don't mess with the man's poll! It's so ****ing AWESOME!Damn straight! All hail the poll!

theundeadhero
04-05-2006, 03:40 AM
I voted other on the graphics.

I never really got into the Metroid series. I've beaten them on NES and gameboy, but they were more filler between games than something I was excited about.