PDA

View Full Version : HELP IN FF2

nalta
04-03-2006, 11:49 PM
Im stuck and the walk through requiers to much gil. I dont even know how to equip a spell. HELP ME!:moomba: :moomba:

Captain Maxx Power
04-04-2006, 12:54 AM
Some information as to where you actually are rather than a vague brushing over would help us help you immensly.

Also to equip spells you need to either buy or find "Tomes" which contain a spell which, when used as an item, is permenantly learned by one of your characters (unless the spell is trashed at a later date). All spells start off at Level 1 when learned and increase through use in the game. The more uses per battle the more it raises. Some characters start with spells, specifically Minwu who starts with a plethora of White Magic, and Leila who starts with a Bolt spell.

Zeromus_X
04-04-2006, 01:15 AM
In addition, you're not going to get Gil right away. The Gil you get in chests is worthless, it's the Gil you get going through dungeons and training that will fund you. And of course, it's only until alot later in the game that you get sufficient Gil. Of course, alot of equipment found in dungeons is better than shops' equipment. :cat:

nalta
04-04-2006, 01:24 AM
I cant find dungeons and all the caracters speek odd langueges. any help?

Zeromus_X
04-04-2006, 02:01 AM
Some information as to where you actually are rather than a vague brushing over would help us help you immensly.

rubah
04-04-2006, 03:50 AM
To equip a spell you go to your inventory and use it on a character, unless you mean to actually equip one, where you to go your equipment menu for a character, and scroll all the way down to the items and pick one. When you use it as an item it'll cast about a lvl8 version of that spell Ithink.

Captain Maxx Power
04-04-2006, 05:07 PM
When you use it as an item it'll cast about a lvl8 version of that spell Ithink.

Yes, in addition the spell is always multi-hit and cannot be changed to a single target. Also you can't decide where the spell goes e.g. Flare books will always target enemies, never your party. Normal learned spells of course can be cast on any target, be it single or multi-hit.

Slam Dancin' Moogle
04-09-2006, 05:52 AM
You've obviously have a bad translated version of the game. And the original. If you're new to FFII (obviously) I would suggest playing Dawn of Souls's FFII, because it is much easier, and will give you a better feel for the game. As for Gil, well, you're going to have to keep fighting. To play this game, you NEED patience.