PDA

View Full Version : Songs you like by bands you normally dislike

Sephex
04-04-2006, 12:33 AM
"The Ghost of You" -- My Chemical Romance (to be fair, their first album was good, but I don't really care for the album this song is off of)

"Toxic" -- Britney Spears

That's all I can think of right now. Feel free to add this **** up, yo!

kikimm
04-04-2006, 12:40 AM
I agree with The Ghost of You. And I also like Helena.

Gold Lion is actually a pretty good song, but I still don't really like The Yeah Yeah Yeahs all that much. The only Madonna song I like is Justify My Love.

Hmm!

Venom
04-04-2006, 12:48 AM
Pour some sugar on me by def leppard.

I dont even know why I like the song....ewww..

Captain Maxx Power
04-04-2006, 12:51 AM
Get Your Hands Off Of My Woman by The Darkness. Anyone who knows the lyrics to this song will know what I mean when I say that it's not like any of the tat The Darkness have put out subsequently.

Flamethrower
04-04-2006, 12:53 AM
This comes at a shock even to myself, but I've found myself not changing the radio station when Black Eyed Peas - Pump It comes on. Yeah, I said it, WHAT NOW?

...well, it's decent up until the point when the chick starts singing solo. Then I remember why I hate the band.

Sephex
04-04-2006, 12:54 AM
This comes at a shock even to myself, but I've found myself not changing the radio station when Black Eyed Peas - Pump It comes on. Yeah, I said it, WHAT NOW?

...well, it's decent up until the point when the chick starts singing solo. Then I remember why I hate the band.

No ****.

I used to like one of their songs, but I can't remember what the name was.

Lychon
04-04-2006, 02:02 AM
Pour some sugar on me by def leppard.

I dont even know why I like the song....ewww..

Are you for real? Def Leppard rocks the HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rock of Ages like a mother******! One of the most pure rock bands ever; pure energy and dynamism.

Anyways, I agree with Sephex about 'Toxic' by Britney Spears, which is a tolerable song to me as opposed to everything else she vocalizes.

Poison is a band I don't care too much for, but their song "Every Rose has its Thorn" is excellent.

-LYCHON

Zell's Fists of Fury
04-04-2006, 05:44 AM

No ****.

I used to like one of their songs, but I can't remember what the name was.
I liked that "Lets get retarded" song for a brief moment.

Avathar
04-04-2006, 10:21 AM
O_O Someone that likes Def Leppard?? -_- Geez.......(i feel sorry for him:D )

Hm... so a song i like performed by a band i don't like?

- "Purple Pills", by D-12

^_-

NeoCracker
04-04-2006, 11:06 AM
Godsmack - Voodoo

a nirvana fan
04-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Get Your Hands of My Woman(or whatever its called) by The Darkness, I really hate the lead singers voice but this song seems OK.

Cute Without the E by Taking Back Sunday, god I hate all emo bands but this song is good.

I cant think of any more at moment.

Night Warrior
04-04-2006, 05:58 PM
Hurt - Nine Inch Nails

Zeldy
04-04-2006, 06:15 PM
Dance Dance - Fall Out Boy.

I can't stand Fall Out Boy, they are overrated and just urgh. Crap.
But I really like Dance Dance O_O;

Avathar
04-04-2006, 09:27 PM
Behind Blue Eyes - Limp Bizkit:eep:

Reine
04-05-2006, 09:40 AM
Yeah, I liked that song..

Didnt he sing Metallica's Sanitarium as well? (Or was that someone else?)

Yeah, thers a few songs I like from bands I hate, thing is since I hate the band, i dont remember the name..

Avathar
04-05-2006, 10:51 AM
Limp Bizkit did Sanitarium O_- could be. I haven't listened to Limp Bizkit's latest albums, since..well..i hate them.:choc2:

Wait and Bleed - Slipknot

Lychon
04-05-2006, 06:37 PM

Hm... so a song i like performed by a band i don't like?

- "Purple Pills", by D-12

^_-

Lol, don't feel sorry for me...I feel sorry for you being blinded by the pop-generation teen queens. :eek:

-LYCHON

Rye
04-05-2006, 08:15 PM
Slipknot - Vermilion

~SapphireStar~
04-05-2006, 08:17 PM
"Toxic" -- Britney Spears
Same here. Although I think Im the only one here who likes Black Eyed Peas :D

Cruise Control
04-05-2006, 08:24 PM
All around the world - Raze

Roto13
04-05-2006, 08:43 PM
That Outkast one. What's it called...? Gah, it was a big, big- Heya! That's right. Heya, by Outkast.

tailz
04-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Limp Bizkit did Sanitarium O_- could be. I haven't listened to Limp Bizkit's latest albums, since..well..i hate them.:choc2:

Wait and Bleed - Slipknot

yeah they did on the mtv icon metallica show in wich

sum 41 did a medley with for whom the bells tolls, master of puppets and another one
avril lavinge did fuel
korn did one
limp bikit did sanitarium
some dudes doing nothing else matters
and schockers of all times
snoop dog did sad but true

oh and i agree on behind blue eys being the only song of biskit i like.

ofcourse its a great song its a "the who" cover :D

Levian
04-05-2006, 11:48 PM

I'm pretty sure a girl has a cover on that song too. Pretty nicely sung. I think there's a c in her name somewhere. She even got permission from Metallica to cover it. That's all I remember though.

Radiohead - Creep, Karma Police and another one starting with an S

Avathar
04-05-2006, 11:56 PM
Lol, don't feel sorry for me...I feel sorry for you being blinded by the pop-generation teen queens.:eek:

:p First of all, Def Leppard is.....just crap (worst "metal" if i've ever heard it):D But that's my opinion. (it's not even that good to be called metal:love: )

Why am i blinded by the pop-generation teen queens? o_- :P Geez, I just like the Purple Pills song, but not D-12 (or any other recent rapmusic:eep: )

tailz
04-07-2006, 01:45 PM

I'm pretty sure a girl has a cover on that song too. Pretty nicely sung. I think there's a c in her name somewhere. She even got permission from Metallica to cover it. That's all I remember though.

i just cant understand why james and lars gave permision for that that song my friend is awful it has nothing of the feel that the original has. and the way she sings it doesnt fit the song.

oh and that lucy silvas (or something) is generaly hated by everyone here who knows the original ?

PS. ofcourse its not a sin to like it. just me and probably the entire metallica fanbase dislike it

Loony BoB
04-07-2006, 02:15 PM
I've been to their concert. I really like 90% or more of their music.

As for me... 'NSync - Sailing. Lovely song.

cloud_doll
04-07-2006, 02:26 PM
Brain Stew- Green Day
Heaven- Armour For Sleep
I write Sins not tragedies- Panic! At the Disco

stupid emo bands....

Avathar
04-07-2006, 02:40 PM
^_^I still dislike them. I even like these guys a lot more:
http://www.recordresearch.com/Album_Photos/images/Spinal%20Tap.jpg
While they're not even real!:D :kaocheer: :kaolaugh:

- .......:P it's actually harder than expected, coming up with bands you DON'T like:D :rolleyes2 hm.....................

Gold Lion - The Yeah Yeah Yeahs

SammieBabe
04-07-2006, 06:38 PM
Nine Inch Nails - Only

Morgoth_Bauglir
04-07-2006, 06:41 PM
hope - apocalyptica

edit;and the track1(don't know the name) of the album animatronic from the kovenant

Obsidian
04-07-2006, 06:55 PM
Hmmm. Good question. :monocle:

Gangster's Paradise by Coolio

Casey
04-07-2006, 07:08 PM
Wake Me Up Tell September Ends - Greenday
Helena & The Ghost Of You - My Chemical Romance

Roto13
04-07-2006, 07:13 PM
Wake Me Up Tell September Ends - Greenday
That's one of the few songs of theirs I don't like :p

Avathar
04-07-2006, 07:27 PM
Modern Way - Kaiser Chiefs

eestlinc
04-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Come As You Are - Nirvana

It's the only Nirvana song I like.

Avathar
04-07-2006, 11:16 PM
Raspoutin - Boney-M

That's such an amazing song, truly:eek:

Levian
04-08-2006, 12:17 AM

i just cant understand why james and lars gave permision for that that song my friend is awful it has nothing of the feel that the original has. and the way she sings it doesnt fit the song.

oh and that lucy silvas (or something) is generaly hated by everyone here who knows the original ?

PS. ofcourse its not a sin to like it. just me and probably the entire metallica fanbase dislike it

Way too many metallica fans has a really unhealthy relationship to their music. It's just music. However, I'm not saying their music is bad in any way. People just tend to get a little fanatic with them. This doesn't apply to just Metallica fans though.

Either way, you're right. It was Lucy Silvas version I was thinking about, and she did get Metallica's blessing.

Rye
04-08-2006, 12:19 AM
Lev, that sounds like my Art teacher! He has been a Metallica fan for most of his life, and has all their album covers tattoo'd all over his body. He's a nice guy though, but definitely a fanatic. xD

Roto13
04-08-2006, 12:25 AM
I can't imagine having something like that permanently attached to your body. :O

Avathar
04-08-2006, 02:02 PM
Right to the Ways and the Rules of the World - Ween

Shaun
04-08-2006, 03:00 PM
I loved In The End by Linkin Park, but I hate everything else by them.

Avathar
04-09-2006, 12:35 AM
Goodbye for Now - P.O.D.

Avarice-ness
04-09-2006, 07:24 AM
Black - Pearl Jam.
I'm not to fond of Pearl Jam.
But 'Black' is one of my all time favorite songs to ever exist... in existance..

Avathar
04-09-2006, 10:26 AM
Only You - Portishead

Armisael
04-09-2006, 10:55 AM
"Wake me up when September ends" -- Greenday!