PDA

View Full Version : All the whining...><;;

Zeromus_X
04-04-2006, 01:55 AM
Kinda inspired by Z&G's FFIX whining thread.

Now, I know not every FF will appeal to everyone, but everytime I see someone post about whether they hate a certain FF(Or game in general.) It's always for superficial(sp?) reasons, whining, 'I don't like character Y!', 'The characters are cliches!', 'I'm too lazy to understand the customization system!', or, vaguely, 'This game sucks, so therefore I hate it!'. And it's usually an old-school person who hates the modern games, or a new-school person who doesn't know what they're talking about. They're both annoying to me.

I'm tired of it. I never complain about these things, and there aren't many FFs I hate, except very few. If I hate it, you'll most likely know it, because it's very rare. I actually like both new and old-school FFs, and I always see people classified as either one of those, why can't someone be an 'FF-person'?

I tend to focus on the positive aspects of games, not what could be considered 'negative'. I know that if you focus on the things you liked in a game, instead of anything you may've hated, you'll like it better. I guarantee it. Go ahead FF(insert number here) hater, play a new game of it. Ignore that urge to whine and grovel, and think of what you like about the game, and focus on that. I don't think it'll work with everyone, but I know that some people would like a game better if they tried that. :cat:

And of course, there'll be those people that go "the negative aspects of this game far outweigh the negative", and with that kind of attitude, how can you honestly enjoy anything?

And then of course, there are people that can reinforce their opinions greatly, but still, can one reason make you hate an entire game?

And of course, again, there are people that haven't played or finished the game at all, in which case, I see no reason to take what they say into consideration.

Hell, this entire thread may be me whining and ranting, but this has really been in my head for a while. :cat::choc2:

FallenAngel411
04-04-2006, 02:01 AM
There are things I love and hate about every FF. Heck, pretty much every game in every genre. When the good outweighs the bad, I consider the game worthwhile. So far, no in FF has the bad outweighed the good, at least not enough to whine about it. They are all, at the very least, decent and playable.

Darth Cid
04-04-2006, 02:32 AM
Zidane: Well done, Zero, well done, I agree whole heartedly with you.

Ramza Beoulve
04-04-2006, 02:46 AM
Yup, me too, and I'm a "FF-Person" n.n

Darth Cid
04-04-2006, 04:22 AM
Zidane: Now would it be this hard? To just post threads like this, instead, "I HATE THIS GAME!1!1!" "I HATE YOU!" "GRRRRR...:mad2: CHARACTERS!" "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,,,,,BATTLE SYSTEM HATE ME! AH! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" "DEVILS:cry: EATING BRAINS! ARGH!:tongue: UGH!1!1!" "Y?:cool: " "MUFFINS?:mad2: " "DEVIL HAET TEH GAME!!!" "NOT PROFIT!" "MAY TEH FORCE B WIT U!:mog: GRRRR!:mad2: " You get the idea, pointless hate threads are unnecessary.

Ramza Beoulve
04-04-2006, 04:35 AM
Zidane: Now would it be this hard? To just post threads like this, instead, "I HATE THIS GAME!1!1!" "I HATE YOU!" "GRRRRR...:mad2: CHARACTERS!" "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,,,,,BATTLE SYSTEM HATE ME! AH! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" "DEVILS:cry: EATING BRAINS! ARGH!:tongue: UGH!1!1!" "Y?:cool: " "MUFFINS?:mad2: " "DEVIL HAET TEH GAME!!!" "NOT PROFIT!" "MAY TEH FORCE B WIT U!:mog: GRRRR!:mad2: " You get the idea, pointless hate threads are unnecessary.

n.nU we got the idea in the first post n.nU:moomba:

Zeromus_X
04-04-2006, 04:38 AM
Well, yeah, they were just being funny. :cat:

But I'm glad people understand how I feel. It just gets kinda frustrating sometimes...:cat: :p

The Devourer Of Worlds
04-04-2006, 05:13 AM
Basically, it comes down to the FF Classic Complex and FFVII Complex

FF Classic Complex: While it comes under the title ‘FF Classic’, this usually only refers to FFI or FFVI. Those that play these game before all others become increasingly annoyed that they aren’t nearly as popular as most of the games after it, and often have to ridicule aforementioned games in order to compensate.

FFVII Complex: Those who played this game before all others develop the incredible ability to find fault in every other FF game ever made, sometimes without actually playing them!

I mean, I’m not pointing the figure here…

Ok, yes I am. FFVI/FFVII fanboys: Get off my internet.

Crossblades
04-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Good job. This especially applies to all the FF VII fanboys:)

look_out_below
04-05-2006, 01:08 AM
Well i agree with you for the most part but I dont think whining about the whiners is going to change anything and it also makes you a bit of a hypocrite. If people dislike a game and have reasons why i think they should be allowed to state their opinion as long as it is in an intellegent way and they dont make fun of others who do not share their view. If you have a problem with whinners you can usually tell what threads they will be in because the threads will have names like "Why this game sucked" or "Why this character sucked", just dont enter these threads and you will only find the occasional whinner in other threads and this is the great thing, your not required to read their posts you can just skip over them. My advice dont let the whiners get to you because every interent forum has them and your bound to run into them everywhere in life (especially if you work in a job with customer service).

Ouch!
04-05-2006, 01:17 AM
I've only ever downright hated one Final Fantasy title, but that never did stop me from playing through it three times. I couldn't get my mind past the atrocious plot, but the gameplay was fantastic. That alone made it worth replaying.

Zeromus_X
04-05-2006, 02:31 AM
Yeah, but it's both kinds that annoy me. What can be so hard about trying something out and focusing on the positive aspects of something? I like pretty much all FFs, old or new. I guess some people have made up their minds then...:cat:

Crossblades
04-05-2006, 06:17 PM
Yeah, but it's both kinds that annoy me. What can be so hard about trying something out and focusing on the positive aspects of something? I like pretty much all FFs, old or new. I guess some people have made up their minds then...:cat:

I like all FFs too. In fact, I don't think there is an FF that I actually "hate." Plus, I have yet to play VIII, X-2 and XI

DarkLadyNyara
04-05-2006, 06:54 PM
FFVII Complex: Those who played this game before all others develop the incredible ability to find fault in every other FF game ever made, sometimes without actually playing them!

Yeah, that annoys the holy hell out of me. Another thing is people going on the forum of a certain game just to bash it. :mad:

DJZen
04-06-2006, 02:19 AM
What bugs me is how all of a sudden, FFVII is considered old school. Fanboys lately have been complaining about the new FF games and saying "I want more old school RPGs like FFVII". That just hurts my head, man.

Zeromus_X
04-06-2006, 02:48 AM
It isn't that incredibly old...:confused: :cat:

Crossblades
04-06-2006, 06:04 PM
It isn't that incredibly old...:confused: :cat:

It's old, but just not old enough to be old school

Darth Cid
04-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Zidane: I agree with Cross.

DarkLadyNyara
04-06-2006, 09:31 PM
"I want more old school RPGs like FFVII".
*sigh* Stupidity should be painful...

Darth Cid
04-07-2006, 02:19 AM
Zidane: That's going in our sig, because it's so true...

Rengori
04-07-2006, 04:07 AM
Did your tail fall off or something? You're acting strange.

Darth Cid
04-07-2006, 04:17 AM
Zidane: What do you mean by that? :confused:

Zeromus_X
04-07-2006, 04:22 AM
I believe he just means that that post wasn't so professional as your usual posts, with all the smilies and such. (Although you were mocking the usual complaints of people in caps, so that's probably why it looked different. Or something.) :cat:

NeoCracker
04-07-2006, 05:07 AM
I say give the haters their chance to hate and argue a games stupidity. After playing a crappy game you hated, it makes you feel like it wasn't quite a waste of time and money getting the game. Playing FFVIII and X - 2 game me things to complain about, and that definatly made the purchase more worthwhile. Fanboy complaints are a different story, they are annoying and crappy.

Awesomeman
04-07-2006, 06:48 AM
I liked every FF game that I've played, and I've played FF:CC and X-2, and I thought they were well worth the play through(I'm actaully saving for X-2, to complete the two). And I agree, and talked about it with a friend today, why DO people bash a game they haven't finished? Its just stupid. I heard that this guy said he hated FF IX after 10 minutes.....OF COURSE! the first ten minutes aren't anything special, you're gonna have to complete the game to see it for what it really is: a good game.

Shin Gouken
04-07-2006, 07:04 AM
I tend to focus on the positive aspects of games, not what could be considered 'negative'. I know that if you focus on the things you liked in a game, instead of anything you may've hated, you'll like it better. I guarantee it. Go ahead FF(insert number here) hater, play a new game of it. Ignore that urge to whine and grovel, and think of what you like about the game, and focus on that. I don't think it'll work with everyone, but I know that some people would like a game better if they tried that

Somebody forced me to play FFX. the first time i played, i got so bored with the endless cut scenes i turned it off four hours into the game. It was like an interactive movie. But the person forcing me to play it again said basically what you just did. Now im 50 hours into the game and i really apreciate all the good things ffx has to offer. I just put up with tidus being a whiney melodramatic girl and yuna with that poncey attitude she has and get over it and actually enjoy the good stuff in the game.

Moral of the story. Listen to what this man says, he's a wise old man this one

Ramza Beoulve
04-07-2006, 03:28 PM
I tend to focus on the positive aspects of games, not what could be considered 'negative'. I know that if you focus on the things you liked in a game, instead of anything you may've hated, you'll like it better. I guarantee it. Go ahead FF(insert number here) hater, play a new game of it. Ignore that urge to whine and grovel, and think of what you like about the game, and focus on that. I don't think it'll work with everyone, but I know that some people would like a game better if they tried that

Somebody forced me to play FFX. the first time i played, i got so bored with the endless cut scenes i turned it off four hours into the game. It was like an interactive movie. But the person forcing me to play it again said basically what you just did. Now im 50 hours into the game and i really apreciate all the good things ffx has to offer. I just put up with tidus being a whiney melodramatic girl and yuna with that poncey attitude she has and get over it and actually enjoy the good stuff in the game.

Moral of the story. Listen to what this man says, he's a wise old man this one
Well,it looks like he doesn't calls himself awesomeman for nothing, I agree with him, you cannot say a game is bad until you have finished it

Twilight Edge
04-07-2006, 05:19 PM
Usually,people have things they hate and love about FF.I personally am that kind of person too.However,whining's unnecassary and some people will think you're attacking that particular FF.