PDA

View Full Version : Favorite bad guy

Seymour_Guado SOD
04-04-2006, 02:10 AM
Discuss who is your favorite bad guy and why. I'll start.

Name: Seymour Guado
Why : He is clever, he does cool magic, and he can summon anima.

Ramza Beoulve
04-04-2006, 02:56 AM
Can choose two?

Name: Kefka
Why: Just totally crazy n.n

Name: St. Ajora
Why: It wants to control the world, like everybody, and it really has the powers to

tenhitcombo
04-04-2006, 03:48 AM
seymour and sepiroth
how u get a pic next too your name>?

Rengori
04-04-2006, 03:56 AM
Since Kefka actually killed more than just a tiny handful of people (I'm not including Golbez, Kuja, or the Emporer. They actually worked hard for their status.), lef the world in ruins and became a demi god, I'd say he takes the cake.

tenhitcombo
04-04-2006, 04:08 AM
sepiroth killed aries and broke clouds heart so yer he should be most baddest bad guy

Rengori
04-04-2006, 04:12 AM
sepiroth killed aries and broke clouds heart so yer he should be most baddest bad guy
Killing Aeris led to his doom. Hurting Cloud emotionally is small on a global scale too. Sephiroth did very little afterwards since Meteor was stopped. Kefka however, occupied towns, killed off entire kingdoms, led the world to ruins, sleazed his way to emporer, and become a demi-god, I'd say Kefka beats that panzy Sephiroth any day. And I haven't even beat FFVI yet, he may have done stuff I didn't see or hear about.

Zeromus_X
04-04-2006, 04:17 AM
Yeah, Kefka take the cake for best FF villian ever, end of discussion. :cat:

Not that Sephiroth wasn't bad, who doesn't love a Bishi crazy dude with a big sword? :p

It's just that he(and every other villian) pales in comparison to Kefka.

Other than the big K, I also like Seymour, Zemus, Zande, and Kuja. :cat:

Behold the Void
04-04-2006, 05:00 AM
Dycedarg. As far as cold-hearted, calculating and manipulative enemies go, he ranks the definitive highest.

Zeromus_X
04-04-2006, 05:03 AM
Dycedarg. As far as cold-hearted, calculating and manipulative enemies go, he ranks the definitive highest.
I forgot about him...:cat:

Ballistix Man
04-04-2006, 05:06 AM
Killing Aeris led to his doom. Hurting Cloud emotionally is small on a global scale too. Sephiroth did very little afterwards since Meteor was stopped. Kefka however, occupied towns, killed off entire kingdoms, led the world to ruins, sleazed his way to emporer, and become a demi-god, I'd say Kefka beats that panzy Sephiroth any day. And I haven't even beat FFVI yet, he may have done stuff I didn't see or hear about.
Pretty much. Oh and Kefka isnt trying to compensate.

Ramza Beoulve
04-04-2006, 05:30 AM

I forgot him too... also, he is capricorn too n.n

Rengori
04-04-2006, 05:35 AM
Pretty much. Oh and Kefka isnt trying to compensate.
If Kefka was trying to compensate, he wouldn't dress the way he does.

Mo-Nercy
04-04-2006, 12:40 PM
Kuja. He was driven by anger and envy unlike other villians who were just evil for the power or even just for the sake of being evil. As inhuman as his fashion sense was, the fact that he had real emotions and real reason to want to destroy the whole world puts him at the top of my best villian list.

Conversely, Kefka's senseless destruction, the polar opposite of Kuja, also appeals to me. Someone who can be so evil without a real reason to be is awesome in my books too. xD

Gh["]sT
04-04-2006, 01:14 PM
i would have to say sephiroth because 3 reasons
1 bad ass sword 'it is most awsome ever'
2way wicked hair do ' i would love to have his hair style'
3because he totally kicks ass i pimp hand everyone who got in his way because he is hard core pimp lol xD :D

Shin Gouken
04-04-2006, 01:28 PM
GIL-GA-MESH!!!!!!!!

Dreddz
04-04-2006, 01:37 PM
Sephiroth, his Motives are more believable than other Villains, his downright coolness. Oh, and he sliced and diced the leading lady.
Yep, he gets my vote.

Behold the Void
04-04-2006, 03:11 PM
I never found Sephiroth's motives to be all that believable.

"I just found out I'm born in a lab so now I'm going to kill everybody and destroy the world."

Yeah, doesn't fly with me.

Twilight Edge
04-04-2006, 05:23 PM
i would have to say sephiroth because 3 reasons
1 bad ass sword 'it is most awsome ever'
2way wicked hair do ' i would love to have his hair style'
3because he totally kicks ass i pimp hand everyone who got in his way because he is hard core pimp lol xD :D

and because i know absolutely nothing before ff7

Setzer Gabianni
04-04-2006, 05:24 PM
At least he wasn't something who just went on a killing spree all the time; sure he wanted to kill everything, but at least he didnt make himself out to be a run of the mill villain - I found Kefka boring, at least Sephiroth/Kuja/Seymoure had something likeable about them. Oh Kefka is so great, he killed loads of people - you dont have to kill loads of people to be a great villain. Great villains appear on different scales.

Sephiroth isn't overrated, only the n00bs make him look stupid. Kefka..yeah, overrated.

~Setzer Gabianni

Dell
04-04-2006, 05:55 PM
Sephiroth! I bet someone will not choose Ultimecia.

Masamunemaster
04-04-2006, 06:08 PM
1. Sephiroth, he will kill anybody without taking two steps or breaking a sweat
2.chaos, he controlled kuja and almost destroyed the world
3.emerald weapon, he was so hard to kill

DarkLadyNyara
04-04-2006, 09:24 PM
A toss up between Kuja and The Emperor. Kuja was funny as hell, very intelligent, and very complex. And Dark Messenger rules. The Emperor destroys most of the world, then takes over Hell and Heaven. You gotta respect that. Besides, we need more female villans. ;)

Though Sephiroth is pretty kick ass. :D

2.chaos, he controlled kuja and almost destroyed the world

*blinks* I assume you're refering to Garland.

Behold the Void
04-04-2006, 09:33 PM
Kefka's crazy, that's the kind of villain he is. Sephiroth is merely irrational, and the pawn of Jenova basically the entire game. He's not really even a villain, just a pretty face for the villain.

Kuja is definitely an interesting villain, as is Seymour. But eventually one grows bored of the whole "I will destroy everything" shtick.

Morgoth_Bauglir
04-04-2006, 09:45 PM
Sephiroth.
-Crazy,fearless,powerful,wicked

Gloriosa

Generosa

pure evil

Behold the Void
04-04-2006, 10:00 PM
Sephiroth.
-Crazy,fearless,powerful,wicked

Sephiroth was a pawn, Jenova was pulling the strings. He was a puppet in more ways than one, you see the real Sephiroth frozen in the North Crater. He was controlled by and freed Jenova, and Jenova was simply using his body, likeness and power.

Crazy, yes, he definitely went mad after he found out about his true origin. Wicked is debateable, he burned down a town and stabbed a young girl. But given as we've established he's crazy, he's no more wicked than, say, Kefka, who burned several towns and installed himself as a god-like figure lording over the world (and was also, consequently, crazy).

I'd say as far as powerful, while he was strong without Jenova's power fueling him he wasn't really that powerful of a villain. I'd say Kuja was much stronger, or Seymour, or Kefka, or any of the other final bosses. Of course Sephiroth shouldn't really be considered the final boss because, as I've said, it's Jenova.

Fearless is again debateable but for the sake of argument, sure, why not. But again, he's crazy, it wasn't necessarily within his capacity to know fear once he did go crazy.

Ya know, before he became a frozen corpse in the North Crater.

As he was beforehand, I find it hard to believe that Sephiroth was fearless before he went crazy. He was a regular human, and humans are not devoid of fear.

tenhitcombo
04-05-2006, 05:30 AM
sepiroth is the most baddest bad guy cause he is so bad and on kingdom hearts 2 he is bad ass

Taiyou
04-05-2006, 05:51 AM
sepiroth is the most baddest bad guy cause he is so bad and on kingdom hearts 2 he is bad ass

And your reasoning to back that up is...?

Zeromus_X
04-05-2006, 05:55 AM
I'm pretty sure he just likes Sephy. :cat:

As for Seph being a pawn, I don't recall that actually stated in the game, or I just never really realized it. Although the story would've been so much better if that were true..(C'mon, an angel Jenova as the final boss?! :love: :cat: )

Anyway, I think that people that think Kefka is boring is probably because, well..he's the first villain to start his stereotype. So, I guess that's why he's boring. He's been overdone so much...well, that's a guess. (I suppose asking directly would be better...:choc2: )

Meh. Tired..:cat:

As for worst villians, if I ever had any, I guess...well...Dark King? :confused: :p

--One Winged Angel--
04-05-2006, 07:11 AM
i think seifer was the best bad guy. he was driven by jelousy of squalls abilitys. he wanted to be the best and was always overshadowed by squall.

tenhitcombo
04-05-2006, 07:33 AM
i dint like seifer he looked like eminem

Reine
04-05-2006, 07:38 AM
I need to play FFVII and VIII again to reanalyse Sephiroth/Jenova and Ultimecia, but as it stands, Kuja is my favourite, mainly because he has real reasons for doing what he does, also, like Mo, I like Kefka too, hes also hilarious. I cant wait to see the new translations for FFV and FFVI, they just might make Kefka and Exdeath/Exodus a lot cooler. I always liked Exdeath/Exodus, he always just seemed so powerful, always blasting the party and wiping them out most of the time, and he just seemed unstoppable, I was actually a little scared when I had to face him in his castle, but that was YEARS ago.

However, my favourite villain isnt in FF

tenhitcombo
04-05-2006, 07:45 AM
who is your favorite villan>?

Druggelz
04-05-2006, 09:07 AM
Kefka and Sepiroth are my all-time favourites
Kefka is just evil and very insane
Sepiroth is just scary, he really freaks me out sometimes :-)

Reine
04-05-2006, 09:35 AM

It is Mithos Yggdrasil from Tales of Symphonia

Shin Gouken
04-05-2006, 10:10 AM
Kefka the first of his stereotype????

He's alot like X-death if you ask me. X-D destroyed the four elemental crystals which would lead to that world becoming uninhabitable. He and his army slayed almost every one of Galufs and zeza's soldiers. Then he burned down Moore forest with god knows how many hundreds of living things inside (i recall seeing just two moogles survive) Then he completley wipes several towns off the map with the power of the void. He aspired to become a demi god himself though didn't quite manage it. He was also crazy (debateable perhaps. maybe ingeniously crazy unlike kefka who was just crazy)

a nirvana fan
04-05-2006, 10:33 AM
Name: Sephiroth
Why?: Because he is so evil, mysterious, smooth and so cool. Oh and he has a 1500ft sword.:D

Avathar
04-05-2006, 11:51 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b5/KefkaCGI.jpg
KEFKAhttp://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/buccobucco/kaocheer.gif
- He looks like a mixture of Kuja, Gogo and Quina 0_O
- He's insane.
- He wants to rule/destroy/kill everything, Kefka's all about chaos!^^
- A terrific laugh.
- Great speeches.

^_^

ljkkjlcm9
04-05-2006, 11:59 AM

It is Mithos Yggdrasil from Tales of Symphonia
that's a good one, but that's really a very complicated/confusing game the first time through, you don't know who is who and who is on what side, tons of fun

personally, I like Kefka from FF games.... otherwise, I'm not actually sure

THE JACKEL

DarkLadyNyara
04-05-2006, 06:43 PM
i dint like seifer he looked like eminem

*blinks* He does, doesn't he? Never noticed that before.

scrumpleberry
07-15-2006, 12:59 AM
Kefka actually accomplished his goal before the heroes could stop him. And he is punny. :p

Chris
07-15-2006, 01:27 AM
Name: Brahne
Why: I love her greedy fat ass.

Masamunemaster
07-15-2006, 02:23 AM
sephiroth and kuja bc they were just one step from total annialation

Darkwing Bahamut
07-15-2006, 04:52 AM
Kuja, he destroyed an entire planet with Ultima.

Jessweeee♪
07-15-2006, 05:07 PM
Sephiroth and Seymour were both Mama's Boys don't you think? I mean, Jenova wasn't even sephy's mother, and though seymour never mentions his mother you can tell he's the type.

I'd say Jumbo Cactuar. Oh Yeah.

Slicksword45
07-15-2006, 08:58 PM
Kuja. Not only did he distroy a whole world by casting one spell, but his reasons for doing so and all is cool. but he could have used some better clotheing.

Purple shoot
08-02-2006, 07:27 PM
Mmmm...I cant decide:mad: i think it could be Vormav, he is so cold(He killed his own son!:eek: and wanted to kill his onw daugther!:eek: ) i will say, he´s the worst person in FF series

Jessweeee♪
08-03-2006, 10:26 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b5/KefkaCGI.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/buccobucco/kaocheer.gif

Is it me or does he look like Adel?

Comet
08-04-2006, 07:15 PM
Sephiroth:

the way he talks just makes you realise he is dangerous very dangerous for example :

in the past (i think) when cloud went to him and was about to slash him but sephiroth stabs him and goes 'dont...push....you...luck.' too cool

how he is not just some guy who kills loads of people. as far as i know he has only killed a few people and is still feared.

the sword

in the booklet when it introduced the characters he is shown as invisible

Incinerator
08-04-2006, 07:37 PM
KUJA, he looks cool, (not the thong!) and he has a Silver Dragon, COOL!

Maux
08-05-2006, 04:48 AM
Well I like quite a few of the bad guys, but there is only one true censored among them that beats all others. Before we get to who that is, here's the reasons none of some more famous baddies did not make it.

Seifer: Can you really call him a bad guy? Not really. He was a good antagonist but for a bad guy he doesn't even enter the ranks, as for top servant he beats Tromell and the like anyday.

Seymour: Ah, the first villain I ever fought in a Final Fantasy game. Easily a favorite and a force to be reckoned with. Like Sephiroth a bit of a mommy's boy(except when you have Anima fight him, then he just kills her), Has died four times and came back three, will probably be in another game eventually(maybe KH), had good intentions bad way of planning them. Horrible childhood, manipulative, and wishing goodwill on all. Interesting theory that no more suffering in death, like I said before good intentions bad way of accomplishing it(or good way), one of the most annoying villains you will ever face.

Kuja: Forced into a role he did not want to play, and as manipulative as they come, but is it him or Necron who is the real evil? He dresses(somewhat) oddly, has a nice pet dragon, has a brother and sister one who is good the other neutral, he kills his creator, and takes revenge on all. I like his character, but still not the worst.

Kefka: The illustrius Kefka, easily takes the cake for the most evil and frightening villain. Seriously one look at him and people start screaming, if you have a fear of clowns it's even worse! The only one to ever acheive his goal(congratulations), unfortunately even being a God did not prevent his enevitable doom(sucks to be you).

Sephiroth: My all time favorite baddie, although I believe events will happen in the future that twists something. If they ever make a FF7: 2 it will probably have Sephiroth in it again (where'd the clones come from?) and he may or may not be the bad guy. What with this new supposed bad guy Genesis popping up Sephiroth might eventually be forced to attempt change. Sure he was born in the lab, his mother is insane(so is he), and he had a chance to be a God and was stopped. Sure he has a long sword, good looks, a 'charming' personality, and overall likes to kill things, but doesn't everyone (evil)?

Shuyin: Yet another baddie who is so overlooked, Sure he was in one of the worst Final Fantasy games ever made(although I sorta liked it), but his motive was believable and with the world of Spira, he could have succeeded. I do not believe YuRiPa could have beaten him, merely a fluke. He wanted to destroy Spira just for the sake of anguish, revenge, etc...

Ultimecia:...what? Seriously she was what defeated how many different times in different bodies(technically that's bad), but she could travel through time and change the future(albeit she ended up being the one that created her own doom), she was a sorceress, Griever, has Seifer as a bodyguard, cool castle, yeah enough said. Technically she was not a bad guy, she was female, and was only doing everything to stop Seed from killing her.

We come to it at last, the greatest villain of them all. The scientist of Shinra, the madman behind the Sephiroth, the one and true evil; Hojo.

Hojo: Tied for first with Sephiroth but much more evil. Honestly what other villain has done experiments on characters, who else turned a character into a monster(vincent), abandoned his own son, attempted to get Nanaki and Aerith to mate(eww), was the brains behind the Jenova project, attempted give Sephiroth more power, created Sephiroth, injected himself with jenova cells, fought cloud, vincent, and others, pulled a seymour(don't let him fool you), can kick arse if needed, essentially helped create DG soldiers, could care less about anything, has no subconciousness(not evil an evil one), experimented on main characters and lived to tell, held Jenova, wicked personality, pretty much planned the madness of Sephiroth, manipulated everyone like puppets, and still is only a short old man in a white trenchcoat. EVIL! He's evil I tell you. EVIL!

Jessweeee♪
08-08-2006, 06:26 PM
wow...how long were you typing that?

Kurui
08-08-2006, 06:48 PM
I kinda liked Eda befor we learned her deal, and she became good :mad: When she was the villian, I think she was my favorite :tongue:

feona17
08-08-2006, 08:23 PM
I liked Seymour Guado from FFX as a bad guy. He was soo deliciously evil, and he was a pain in the butt, but I still liked him.

The Crystal
08-08-2006, 10:56 PM
Kurui said:
"I kinda liked Eda befor we learned her deal, and she became good :mad: When she was the villian, I think she was my favorite :tongue:"

Edea was never a villain.

Angi-Kaiser
08-09-2006, 10:39 PM
She was veiwed by the party as a villian, and thus counts as one. I think. I've always thought of her as a villian (at least for the first part of the game).

The Crystal
08-09-2006, 11:36 PM
Angi-Kaiser said:
"She was veiwed by the party as a villian, and thus counts as one. I think. I've always thought of her as a villian (at least for the first part of the game)."

But she is not. Ultimecia was inside of her body, moving and talking for her. Edea was just a shell to Ultimecia. I mean, if after you deffeated Edea, she litterally transformed in Ultimecia and said "I'm not Edea, i'm Ultimecia", you will consider them, two different villains?
The two main villains of FFVIII are President Delling, and after this, Ultimecia. The first time that Edea appeared(the true Edea, not just her body), she was good, and was that way until the end of the game.

Angi-Kaiser
08-10-2006, 01:43 AM
Delling really doesn't do that much. He's about as much of a villian as Edea is. She's a villian because of the fact that the party sees her as one. Just like Golbez. He, himself, is not actually the evil one, yet he is presented as the villian of the game for most of it.

But I do understand what your saying. I think, in the end, it's up to the person who's playing to decide weather they count Edea as a villian.

rubah
08-10-2006, 03:09 AM
Deling is dead, he can't be a villain xD

Edea is what we call the 'real villain'. Ultimecia is merely the 'technical villain'. It's the same deal with Kuja and Necron in ff9, except you don't find out the difference until much later, and yeah like Golbez and Zeromus.

I don't think anyone associates Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec with ultimecia, anyways :]

DarkLadyNyara
08-10-2006, 08:59 AM
Edea is what we call the 'real villain'. Ultimecia is merely the 'technical villain'. It's the same deal with Kuja and Necron in ff9, except you don't find out the difference until much later, and yeah like Golbez and Zeromus. Kuja is not actually being controlled by Necron.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-10-2006, 09:02 AM
I think all Allison meant was that Kuja is FFIX's main villain, while Necron is merely its last villain, not that they had a mind-control relationship like Golbeza and Zemus and Edea and Ultimecia.

DarkLadyNyara
08-10-2006, 09:19 AM
I think all Allison meant was that Kuja is FFIX's main villain, while Necron is merely its last villain, not that they had a mind-control relationship like Golbeza and Zemus and Edea and Ultimecia.

Ah. I see.

By the way, what the hell is wrong with the "quote" feature?

EDIT: Never mind, I think I figured it out. :rolleyes2

Rengori
08-10-2006, 09:21 AM
YOU'RE WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE QUOTE FEATURE. :mad2:

The Crystal
08-10-2006, 06:02 PM
About Delling... What i remember about him, is that he was a dictator that everyone hated. He would be evil even if Ultimecia never existed.
And many people think that the relation between Ultimecia and Edea is like the relation between Zemus and Golbez. But they are wrong. Golbez's mind was being controlled by Zemus, so, Golbez was a villain during a time in the game. Edea's body was possesed by Ultimecia, so, Edea was never a villain. The word "possesed" make all the difference.