PDA

View Full Version : They should have made an Advent Children game

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-04-2006, 03:19 AM
as cool as Advent Children was, i think that it would have been so great to make this a game. anyone agree?

Setzer Gabianni
04-04-2006, 07:23 AM
It wouldnt have been worth it - how many hours of gameplay do you think you could have got? Less then 5 probably.

~Setzer Gabianni

Dark Paladin
04-04-2006, 01:30 PM
But they would have added more stuff on i think to make it last longer.

I doubt they'd make a game that short especially since its Final Fantasy.

Setzer Gabianni
04-04-2006, 01:43 PM
It would be pointless - seeing as DoC is just a year after FFVIIAC, why make something else like a game to fill in events?

~Setzer Gabianni

Masamunemaster
04-04-2006, 04:57 PM
there is a few good and a few bad things about making a game out of a movie that was made out of a game

Setzer Gabianni
04-04-2006, 05:13 PM
o.O What the..sorry, but I don't get what your saying.. x.x;;

~Setzer Gabianni

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-05-2006, 01:06 AM
im not trying to say that they should make a game to fit in the story lines, im saying that i think it would be real cool if they made advent children a game too. that would have been sweet. hey masamunemaster, i want to keep my cord. you know what i mean. :choc2:

Masamunemaster
04-05-2006, 04:26 AM
yea I do

Ki Ki
04-05-2006, 05:10 AM
I think that now we've all watched the movie, it would be less fun!
We all know the story! >=
Unless you get slashed up by Sephiroth in the end then there'd be a different ending! :choc2:
But I wouldn't mind a continuation of the story! After Advent Children. =D

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-05-2006, 07:52 PM
im with setzer on this one

Miriel
04-06-2006, 01:38 AM
You mean... make a game out of a movie that is a sequel to a game?

I think such a game would have failed miserably.

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-06-2006, 03:54 AM
You mean... make a game out of a movie that is a sequel to a game?

I think such a game would have failed miserably.

yes and i very likely doubt that it would be a failure:choc2:

Setzer Gabianni
04-06-2006, 07:30 AM
You're not even backing your statements up, so how can we take you seriously? Like..what would be in this so called game?

~Setzer Gabianni

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-06-2006, 11:28 PM
You're not even backing your statements up, so how can we take you seriously? Like..what would be in this so called game?

~Setzer Gabianni

everything that was in the movie. i dont care if you take me seriously. and if you would open your eyes and read, i said it would be cool to make a game of the movie, so hello, same storyline that im talking about here.:choc2:

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-07-2006, 01:57 AM
the game would be only 2 hrs long, maybe a little tutorial and thtz it, theres not enough plot from the movie anyway

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-07-2006, 03:19 AM
yeah but i think that Square would have more of a storyline that they didn't put in the movie, but still an Advent Children game would kick ass though:choc2:

Setzer Gabianni
04-07-2006, 07:15 AM
So...
- would there be so called improvements in the storyline for this game?
- what would the gameplay system be like?
- etc etc..

There wasn't much of a storyline intended to be in the movie -if more things had started to have been included in the movie, what if the stuff mentioned ties in with DoC stuff?

The only way it would really work is if..

- AC and DoC would be put together - You play through the AC world, before moving on a couple of years afterwards into the DoC realm - something has to connect both AC and DoC together though.
- If AC was on it's own, it would have to a filler year - the year between AC and DoC would have to be included, but what could they put in? Something concerning the true origins of the SHM, or how certain people managed to come back in AC?
- If AC was added onto FFVII - instead of havingnthat 500 year gap..it could do something like...2 years later; and then have Marlene introduce the events 2 years later..

Sorry if my ideas suck, but I am trying to think of stuff x.x

~Setzer Gabianni

sephiroth the dark angel
04-07-2006, 03:29 PM
So...
- etc etc..

There wasn't much of a storyline intended to be in the movie -if more things had started to have been included in the movie, what if the stuff mentioned ties in with DoC stuff?

- AC and DoC would be put together - You play through the AC world, before moving on a couple of years afterwards into the DoC realm - something has to connect both AC and DoC together though.
- If AC was on it's own, it would have to a filler year - the year between AC and DoC would have to be included, but what could they put in? Something concerning the true origins of the SHM, or how certain people managed to come back in AC?
- If AC was added onto FFVII - instead of havingnthat 500 year gap..it could do something like...2 years later; and then have Marlene introduce the events 2 years later..

~Setzer Gabianni

i like that idea and i also like the idea of making a advent children game just for the peopole who didn't see it at least

Setzer Gabianni
04-07-2006, 06:32 PM
Just want to know what idea you did like, or was it all of them? :)

~Setzer Gabianni

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-07-2006, 11:01 PM
So...
- etc etc..

~Setzer Gabianni

like i said before, if you would pay attention, the movie happened 2 YEARS after the game, not a 500 year gap, that part after the credits on the game happened way after Ac and Doc.

Masamunemaster
04-07-2006, 11:07 PM
well, S.O.S., maybe he is to busy trying to watch the movie and understand the whole thing bit by bit

Setzer Gabianni
04-08-2006, 12:26 PM
So...
- etc etc..

~Setzer Gabianni

like i said before, if you would pay attention, the movie happened 2 YEARS after the game, not a 500 year gap, that part after the credits on the game happened way after Ac and Doc.

You think I am that stupid? I KNOW AC happened 2 years after the game, you obviously didn't understand what I was saying:

I'll explain myself a bit more -.-;;

If AC was added onto FFVII - instead of havingnthat 500 year gap..it could do something like...2 years later; and then have Marlene introduce the events 2 years later..

Right - what if FFVII did NOT finish with the 500 years thing ending? Not many people in my opinion actually liked the 500 year gap thing, because it really didn't explain much.

If FFVII were to go onto 4 discs, the events of AC could be fitted on after that, on the 4th disc. Before the ending of the 4th disc, maybe there could be something more added on, before showing the 500 year thing, to maybe explain what would/could happen in the future, and maybe leave a cliffhanger, still leave people wondering what would happen in reality those 498 years later, when you see Red and his cubs.

If anyone can think of how AC's events would be planned out gameplay wise for the 4th disc, just post ideas - it would be more fitting to have the original FFVII and AC put together as a remake on PS3.

I do not actually want this to happen but, if you want AC in a game, I don't think AC being on it's own as a game would work whatsoever.

~Setzer Gabianni

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-08-2006, 03:13 PM
yeah but i think that Square would have more of a storyline that they didn't put in the movie, but still an Advent Children game would kick ass though:choc2:
a game thts 2 hrs? if they did it right it would be one of the greatest 2 hrs of my life but........thtz very unlikely

Vincent, Thunder God
04-08-2006, 11:29 PM
Yes, they should have made it a game... but not a game with the storyline of the movie. They needed a strong storyline, which they in no way had with the movie. After getting that storyline they would need to have good gameplay, music etc.

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-09-2006, 03:24 AM
Setzer ill agree with you on what you said. i though you were saying ac was taking place 500 years later. my bad. but i do like your idea of putting ff7 and ac together on a ps3 remake. that would be pretty cool.:choc2:

Masamunemaster
04-10-2006, 06:33 PM
that would be cool maybe even get to fight bahumet sin

bipper
04-10-2006, 06:42 PM
I could see it made into a game - as I could see any FF made into a two hour movie -_-

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-10-2006, 11:51 PM
that would be cool to get to fight Bahamut Sin, but think, you would also have him as a summon because if any of you recall, they stole the Bahamut Sin materia from out of clouds box inside of aeris' church:choc2:

Sinar
04-11-2006, 07:05 AM
i couldn't care about an AC game, i think the movie did a good enough job, but i would kill for a FFVII remake. i know htey said that their not going to do that but i remember reading in gamepro something along the lines of "yea, they said their not going to do it but, they most likly will. this is one game i'm expecting to come out."

i mean, why tease us with an updated trailer and then go "oops....forgot to tell you, its just a tech demo."

but, i hope if they do remake, they change nothing but the grapics. and, maybe tweek a few minigames to make them faster (the ...umm...i think its like eagle mountain one or whatever. when you had to place the troops and all and stop the little siege. really wished that would have gone a wee bit quick. i ended up fighting the boss dude anyways lol)

Zeromus_X
04-11-2006, 07:07 AM
Actually, what they've said is more along the lines of "sure, we'd like to do an FFVII remake, but it ain't happening anytime soon."

But, it was announced as a technical demo, it was meant to show off the graphical capabilities of the PS3. (Looks pretty snazzy, at any rate. :cat: )

Sinar
04-11-2006, 04:46 PM
yea, worst part is though someone was like "hey, look at this" on [as] and we all went their and watched it and started tlaking like "yes! FFVII remake" then like 5 minutes later a guy was like "...o....ooooo....ummm...guys, look at this" and pasted where it said it was a tech demo. i think a few of them might have cried at that moment.

Kyros
04-11-2006, 04:54 PM
yea, worst part is though someone was like "hey, look at this" on [as] and we all went their and watched it and started tlaking like "yes! FFVII remake" then like 5 minutes later a guy was like "...o....ooooo....ummm...guys, look at this" and pasted where it said it was a tech demo. i think a few of them might have cried at that moment.
So do you think there should be a remake? Although I do like Advent Children, I don't think it was necessary. Also if they were to remake FFVII I could really care less because it's only a mediocre game not worthy of all the hype it gets. Sure it's good but it's not nearly the great game so many claim it is. I did love the way Tifa looked in FFAC though, so cute ^^ I could have done without the three emo brothers though >.>

Sinar
04-11-2006, 07:38 PM
yea, i think they should do a remake. to me, FFVII was the best rpg made. i think it would be nice to see it again in high def

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-12-2006, 03:26 AM
yea, i think they should do a remake. to me, FFVII was the best rpg made. i think it would be nice to see it again in high def

i agree. it would be pretty tight. but i think that they only made ac so people would try to shut up about a remake, but they don't understand that we love this game to death and most of us would literally kill to get our hands on a remake of the game.:choc2:

Kyros
04-12-2006, 04:21 AM
Why would you want a remake? O.o It's not even one of the top best FF games, just the most overrated -_-;

Sinar
04-12-2006, 06:32 AM
We want a remake because we don't particularly like to watch our favorite characters walk around with one pixle thick joints. Also, it would just kinda be nice to see everything in nice graphics. as i told my friends...
"...with as much as i like her....I.....i just want to see her die in high rez"
it's ok to play through the game again on bad grapics, but it would be more enjoyable with ps3 graphics.

but yea, i would have to say that for me, FFVII was my favorite. X was good but it didn't really have as much of a twisting plot (then again i didn't finish it, clocked in 32 hours). 8 was good but x-2 i refuse to play. i would say closest games ot come to FFVII would be the Baulder's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Fallout. If we're only talking about rpgs, excluding other FF's..........i would have to say, well, i don't know. Legend of Dragoon was good, and os was Vagrant Story but i didn't get to far in neither of them so i can't judge fairly.

Kyros
04-12-2006, 04:21 PM
Have you even played any of the Final Fantasy titles before FFVII? They were much better, and I liked FFVIII and X much more than VII

DudeSon2004
04-12-2006, 04:31 PM
I'm up for it.
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748460/vids_1.html

Shadow_Turk_Athamay
04-12-2006, 05:05 PM
We want a remake because we don't particularly like to watch our favorite characters walk around with one pixle thick joints. Also, it would just kinda be nice to see everything in nice graphics. as i told my friends...
"...with as much as i like her....I.....i just want to see her die in high rez"
it's ok to play through the game again on bad grapics, but it would be more enjoyable with ps3 graphics.

but yea, i would have to say that for me, FFVII was my favorite. X was good but it didn't really have as much of a twisting plot (then again i didn't finish it, clocked in 32 hours). 8 was good but x-2 i refuse to play. i would say closest games ot come to FFVII would be the Baulder's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Fallout. If we're only talking about rpgs, excluding other FF's..........i would have to say, well, i don't know. Legend of Dragoon was good, and os was Vagrant Story but i didn't get to far in neither of them so i can't judge fairly.

Whoa whoa whoa, rewind and freeze! You played legend of dragoon? I finished it.

Actually it's like FF in a lot of ways... Um yeah. ANYWAYS!

FF7 is the best I think, because when you think about it. If it was done in say, FF10's graphics it'd be way ahead of FF10 plotwise and with character development.

Sinar
04-15-2006, 06:38 PM
Yea, i agree. The pacing in the game was also perfect. Thats my main problem with Oblivion right now, i don't think the pacing is all that great. But with FFVII, i think the pacing was right on, i loved the cahracter development, and the plot was alot better then most ( clouds a clone, clouds not a clone, he's a clone again, he's not a clone ect... lol) you never really knew what was what until the end.

and also, yea, i played Legend of Dragoon and still have it, why?

The_Lover_of_Aeris
04-16-2006, 11:35 AM
Yeah the Game whould be cool maybe Square would put Flash backs to what happend the months after the destruction of Meteor and even a Remake of the last boss fight in FFVII.

sephiroth the dark angel
04-18-2006, 10:33 AM
yeah a reamake would be great even just to see the charecthers in good graphics for once!! but i really don't thinkthey would they already made a movie though the might make a remake of ff8 was also a good game and i think a remake would be great!

J_Wildy
04-19-2006, 04:31 PM
Hi this is my first post and i realy like the idea of a remake and heard loads of things about it from stuff.But one problem Square would have with it is the time it would take to make the game, and whether or not on 1 cd. And what about Crisis Core for the psp. I Havnt seen any forums for that and want to know what its about.

Strycnine
04-19-2006, 07:35 PM
(Vagrant Story!, Such a awesome game)

FFVII was the best out of FF series, and i've completed them all, other then XI (can't really be bothered playing that),

I think I prefered the storyline to VIII but it failed in other aspects (Like loss of MP for one).

FFVII would be cool remade but if it wasn't/isn't I can survive.
But Wonder how much money they could make from it? Quite abit I think

EDIT: BTW everyone thought FFVIII was going to be remade for PS2 as a Tech demo came out of it (Yes, I have watched this, it's of the Seed graduation ball and another of The fire cave Ifrit battle) but alas it was never made, so don't hold to much hope for the FFVII remake.

nirojan
04-20-2006, 01:20 AM
It wouldnt have been worth it - how many hours of gameplay do you think you could have got? Less then 5 probably.

~Setzer Gabianni

Ye but the movie was only 1 or 2 hours something anyway(forgot, saw it last year)! Plus, although i would've liked to see this game come out for a console , It would have been interesting to see FFVII:AC come out as a game for PSP!! and ya id like to beat da s**t outta bahamut and sephiroth!

sephiroth the dark angel
04-27-2006, 04:11 PM
it still would be to small and what is the point of spending money on a game about 5 hours long espeacaly if the movie exists

Amaru
04-27-2006, 06:11 PM
Off topic [Concerning the FFVII Remake]: It will probably happen. Think about it, what other logical way to end the Compilation of FFVII? It might take a few years, but it will happen.

On Topic [Concerning an AC game]: An AC game would be far too short. Granted, there are numerous areas that can be expanded upon within an RPG game, but I doubt that it's enough to form a full-length game. Besides, there really does need to be a remake before a sequel game. (DoC not withstanding, as it's an entirely different gaming genre).

sephiroth the dark angel
04-28-2006, 03:37 PM
(off topic drige of cerbrus) does any one know when it's coming out?

(on topic ff ac) what they could do thoug is make speacial quests and stuff to make the game a bit diffrent like the base of the game would be ff ac but the game would have some diffrent missions.

lady yunalesca
04-28-2006, 06:39 PM
i think it would be really cool if they made another game in the VII genre but not about advent, not enough happened to make a game. i would like to see more of what happened afterwards though!! it was left a little unopen, nothing was tied up for good, so there is always that option maybe!!

Mercen-X
05-04-2006, 12:06 AM
1. The ability to play as, team up with, and summon every character you saw in AC. That is: Cloud, Tifa, Vincent, Barret, Red/Cait, Yuffie, Cid, and even Kadaj/Sephiroth. Maybe even playing as Rufus and the Turks . . . but probably no. Playing as Kadaj/Sephiroth would change the ending like in Star Wars the Revenge of the Sith on PS2.
2. Kingdom Hearts 2-styled battle system with Cinematic "Triangle Reaction" commands would make all of those memorable scenes come to life in your own hands. You'd be free to execute them at your leisure and they'd provide only a defensible advantage. This means that you could basically accomplish the same amount of damage to a foe simply by slashing and blasting them with magic.
3. The motorcycle battles would be much more exciting if based on AC. All the spinning out, wheelies, and all those swords in the Fenrir.
4. Dude. Nanaki only got one stinkin' line in the whole flick. When you thought he might talk aboard the Shera, Cait shut'em up by slapping him on the head.
5. I'd personally really like that tour of the Shera that Cid offered and we never got.
6. Midgar is only visited during Cloud's duel with Kadaj and Sephiroth. Edge is the primary city. I'd really like to see more of it.
7. We'll be seeing enough of Vincent in DoC, so we don't need a lot of hands-on with him. However, I'd certainly like to get my hands on Tifa . . .

I'm currently working on a script for making FF7 into a movie. It'll never be made (legally), but that's okay because it isn't difficult. You just take the basic script and trim out the excess.
I'm also working on a script involving the kids.