PDA

View Full Version : Minigame Help (Spoilers)

Skyblade
04-04-2006, 03:35 AM
I'm working on completing Jiminy's Journal, but I'm having some trouble with a completing some of the minigames well enough to complete the mission. So, since I know some of you have had 100% completion, I'm asking for help. The ones that are giving me trouble are the Titan Cup in the Underworld and Poster Duty in Twilight Town. The highest I've gotten in the Titan Cup is just over a thousand points. What is the trick to boosting your points in that one? Also, what is the best route to take to put up all the posters in 30 seconds?

DMKA
04-04-2006, 04:41 AM
Has anyone managed to get 1000 points on maniac? I'm stuck on it.

Also, how do you go past Hayner in the struggle with Sora?

Skyblade
04-04-2006, 05:37 AM
I've done both.

To get 1000, unequip as many additional attack abilities as you can, and equip Fenrir or the Negative Combo ability if you have it. The finishing move of the combo is what breaks the pots. Then just aim each pot (especially the huge ones) at as large a group of other pots as you can.

To get to Setzer, beat Hayner 10 times. To get to Seifer, beat Setzer 10 times.

Don't forget to equip Draw on both the Phil training and the Struggle battles, because it's a real help.

Edit: No problem with the Titan match anymore. I went from just over 1000 to just over 3000 when I started using summons, but not using their limits. Once I got a feel for the rules a bit more, I found a way that makes it easy to get all the orbs you want, especially if you have a decent summon gauge. Just summon Stitch, use Ohana!, and then just use Ukilele over and over again. It does almost no damage, but it racks up the Orbs like crazy.

Still need help with Poster Duty though. 39 seconds is my current best.

DMKA
04-05-2006, 01:59 AM
I don't see how the poster duty thing is possible. I can't do better than 50 seconds or so.

sennarc
04-07-2006, 02:48 AM
to beat the poster game you have to have at least high jump and arial dodge at lvl 3.

Skyblade
04-07-2006, 10:20 PM
29'93 on Poster Duty! The key is in proper use of Aerial Dodge. Once you place a poster, press the jump button again before you touch the ground. You will do an Aerial Dodge, and can then move straight into Glide. And I believe that going into Glide from Aerial Dodge also makes Glide move faster than had you done it from a straight jump.

Just three more Paradox cups to go before I get the video!