PDA

View Full Version : Yuna's Overdrive..useless..?

Rizzice
04-04-2006, 08:36 AM
So themost I've ever hit is 8.. usually more around 6-7.. i dunno if I'm playing her OD wrong or something.. but it seems like a doublecast -daga spell would be much more powerful than a random barrage of spells on the enemy..

BG-57
04-04-2006, 12:14 PM
Wait, are we talking about Yuna's overdrive, or Lulu's?

Yuna's overdrive is very useful since Aeons don't need to take damage to use their own overdrives.

Lulu's is useful to the extent that she can hit the enemy with multiple spells when she would only be able to hit once or twice with the same spell normally. As you suggested, Doublecast combined with high powered attack spells (especially Ultima) is one of the most powerful combinations for spellcasters, but neither is available to Lulu early on.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
04-04-2006, 02:24 PM
i personally dont like lulu's OD cos it's so damn hard to pull off. i ususally get around 5 or 6. once i pushed it n got 8, but my hand was bleeding afterwards!

btw, do u use ur palm or ur finger(s) to do it?

Dell
04-04-2006, 03:37 PM
all the overdrives every character have is useful.

I use my palms when I'm mad and sometimes I just use my finger.

Lulu overdrives is a cool one, imagine casting two magic without any MP
(unless you have one MP cost). Yuna also a great one, being able to cast two Oblivion!(one from fully-charged and one from grand summon).

ehsteve
04-04-2006, 05:15 PM
Lulu's overdrive is one of the best in the game, especially if you use her Focus ability a couple of times before her overdrive. It is effective against most enemies, but it works best against enemies with an elemental weakness. I've also found that the best way for me to rotate the analog stick is by holding the controller in the palm of my left hand and rotating the stick with the middle finger of my right hand, and I always start rotating it immediately after I enter the command. I usually get between eight and ten spells that way.

4evarisha
04-04-2006, 05:30 PM
Its Lulu's od I find it useful.

Yuffie514
04-04-2006, 11:50 PM
it's a great Overdrive. whether the Aeon you're going to use has a full OD gauge or not, Grand Summon will automatically give that Aeon a full gauge. and, Lulu has one of the best Overdrives in the game. perhaps better than an Aeon that could do 99,999 damage or Tidus' Blitz Ace. you just need to find spheres that will allow you to move onto one of your party members' grid and unlock more Mag+ nodes.

TheSpoonyBard
04-05-2006, 12:09 AM
In my opinion the best ODs are Anima's Oblivion (1,599,984) and Wakka's Attack Reels (1,199,988). Yuna's and Lulu's aren't bad, though I'd probably rate then just above Kimahri's Rages.

Kamrusepas
04-05-2006, 02:06 AM
btw, do u use ur palm or ur finger(s) to do it?

Palm. I used to use it a lot, but now that all my characters are more or less über [less=Kimahri], I don't really need it anymore.

Tavrobel
04-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Never use your fingers to rotate the stick. You will either injure yourself, or break the Analog stick.

Palm only. It's also faster and doesn't look nearly as stupid. If I ever considered using a finger/thumb, I would cut off every appendage of my body.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
04-05-2006, 07:48 PM
i fnd the best OD's oblivion and attack reels (as mentioned above) so i always train up wakka n yuna, i also train up tidus for blitz ace (which is good but not as, can do 899,999 dmg i think)

ehsteve
04-05-2006, 08:18 PM
I actually couldn't get more than four or five using my palm. Like I said earlier, the only way I can do it is using the middle finger of my right hand. I just put the tip of my finger on the top of the joystick and rotate the stick by moving my entire arm forward and back, and using my finger to control the left-right motions. It sounds a little complicated, but try it - it works.

Zeromus_X
04-06-2006, 02:43 AM
Lulu's Overdrive + Trio of 9,999 = :love: :cat:

Anyway, no, I don't think Yuna's is useless, unless you already Overdrive your Aeons beforehand. At least you can save it for when that Aeon uses up its Overdrive, or something. None of the Overdrives were useless, unless you hate Blitzball and never got the better ones for Wakka. :cry: :cat:

Vivisteiner
04-06-2006, 10:58 AM
With really strong Yuna, Passado= awesome.
I never found Lulus Overdrive useful.

Cloudgurl69
04-06-2006, 11:39 AM
Lulu's overdrive is useful, particularly casting powerful spells. The most I got was about 9. I lay the controller flat and I use my palm, I find it so much easier that way and feel that you can get more spells in.

Morgoth_Bauglir
04-06-2006, 11:40 AM
i assume you do not know a lot about ffx.
Yuna's overdrive is one of the most useful overdrives,for it grants you the opportunity to use an aeon's overdrive without having to wait for it to ''grow''.
Also,Yuna does not have a weak physical attack by nature.
A friend of mine has grown her strength so much that you can see Yuna toucing a monster with her tiny staff and cause 99999 damage.Therefore it's what you make it.
Yuna's overdrive is not only useful,but a most useful one.

ehsteve
04-06-2006, 05:37 PM
Also,Yuna does not have a weak physical attack by nature.
Actually, I would argue that she does have a weak physical attack by nature. Even though it is possible to make her strength skyrocket by properly using the sphere grid, her strengh stays very low if you stay on her portion of the grid ("Natural leveling"). Her strength only grows if she moves to a part of the grid with more strength nodes.

Morgoth_Bauglir
04-06-2006, 05:45 PM
you are talking about natural leveling.
but the sphere grid is itself a manipulative object
it is what you make it

DeathKnight
04-06-2006, 07:17 PM
Never use your fingers to rotate the stick. You will either injure yourself, or break the Analog stick.

Palm only. It's also faster and doesn't look nearly as stupid. If I ever considered using a finger/thumb, I would cut off every appendage of my body.

:laugh: :up:

I loved N64's Joystick, it was so much better than any of the newer ones.

I used a bunch of fingers curled up together and rotate it as much as possible.

I would've preffered button tapping, I'm the KING of button tapping:evilking:

Crossblades
04-06-2006, 07:43 PM
I don't think Yuna's overdrive is useless. It saves me alot of time of summoning an Aeon and then making him/her fill up the gauge

a nirvana fan
04-06-2006, 08:41 PM
For fun I did 99 with LuLu's Overdrive using a cheat tool :D

...Just for fun, I NEVER cheat seriously in games.

rikkupainegoofydonald
04-07-2006, 12:31 AM
Yuna's overdrive is Grand Summon, Just Grand-summon the Aeon with full Overdrive, Aeon should do two Overdrives.

Eiko Guy
04-07-2006, 10:27 PM
to me overdrives where you have to power up a lot just so they make a lot of damage like lulu's is crap if it were good it wouldnt be so sucky that you have to HAVE high mag like vivi his is almost the same thing but it is very strong even with low magic

Psydekick
04-08-2006, 10:20 AM
For fun I did 99 with LuLu's Overdrive using a cheat tool :D

...Just for fun, I NEVER cheat seriously in games.
Wow how good was it?

Foxfire Mage
04-08-2006, 01:39 PM

:laugh: :up:

I loved N64's Joystick, it was so much better than any of the newer ones.

I used a bunch of fingers curled up together and rotate it as much as possible.

I would've preffered button tapping, I'm the KING of button tapping:evilking:

DIBS ON PIRNCE!!!:greenking

Night_Blade
04-17-2006, 08:10 PM
yunas overdrive is cool. when your fighting dark aeons yojimbo can get em in one hit. anima is cool. the magnus sisters overdrive is hard to get as you have to use all 3.