PDA

View Full Version : The FanArt Gallery - Feedback & Discussion

Loony BoB
04-04-2006, 11:43 AM
You know, the one that's linked to in the forums index, right below this forum.

First of all, I'd like to strongly encourage people to post more of their artwork into it. Post things you've already posted into the forums, as much as you like (although there is, at the moment, a 20-per-day limit to avoid it getting out of hand), so long as it's worthy of getting in there. We're going to be using this as the FanArt section for the frontsite, so I want as much of the best stuff you guys can muster. It'll be linked to from every page on the frontsite soon enough, so I'm hoping we can get a strong showing from our current members in order to generate interest from more artists around the world. I want EoFF to build a really strong artist base / community, and I really do need all of your help for this. :)

Secondly, we're now open to feedback on the new gallery since it's been up for a decent amount of time. Please post your thoughts on it in here, any ideas are welcome, as is both positive and negative feedback. How you feel it compares to the forum would also be of interest to me, but try to give thoughts free of comparisons as well.

Rocket Edge
04-04-2006, 05:30 PM
well first of all i want to say that the artists gallery is very well done and layed out, so fair play on that. I do think it needs some work to be recognised more on the homepage. maybe something like under fanart, you can see the last picture posted in, and people will automaticly know that there is a fan-art section(or artists forum) in eoff.
Other ideas could be maybe just the small things, have a better profile for members using the art gallery, in which under theyre name when you click onto theirs would be 'submitted fan art' or whatever, so people could access and recognise your pieces from there.

black orb
04-04-2006, 06:28 PM
>>> Maximum File Size: 1024k file size limit.
Upload Limit: 20 images per day.
Disk space allowed on your account: Unlimited

man this is overkill, anyways I hope people dont abuse this privelege.

Loony BoB
04-04-2006, 06:57 PM
black orb, of all people I would love for you to abuse it. xD

black orb
04-04-2006, 07:08 PM
>>> Dont worry everything I do from now will be posted in the gallery. I just dont want to post my old stuff..

Agent Proto
04-05-2006, 02:37 AM
I have to say that I love the new Art Gallery. :love:

black orb
04-06-2006, 06:10 AM
>>> I wonder if *angel tears* and Koshiatar will post something there..

Avarice-ness
04-06-2006, 06:19 AM
I haves a question!!! Can you make it so the grey chocobo turns blue when someone posts a new picture or something. 'cause I guess in my mind, I keep thinking 'Oh! This section is dead' when it reality it isn't because I would have just posted a picture or something. x x;;;
=]
By the way, Thanks for the Gallery. :love:

Miriel
04-07-2006, 04:40 AM
I'm still of the opinion that the Artist Gallery forum/link thing on the main index looks pretty "...eh".

Avarice-ness
04-07-2006, 05:28 AM
Yeah... I just don't like it being a constant grey chocobo.. and since it's on the front I'd like to see who did a picture last or something, but I think I may be asking for to much. :greenie:

Loony BoB
04-10-2006, 10:18 AM
Thanks for all the feedback, guys. The more the better. I've raised a request in the staff forum to get the idea of the three most recent images being displayed at the bottom of the forums index approved and I'll be looking to change the chocobo so it is permanently blue (unfortunately it is beyond vB3 to find out whether or not there are new images displayed) rather than grey.

I noticed that images have stopped coming in over the last couple of days... I again encourage everyone to put in as much of their past works as possible, especially your best works. This is because this will end up being our FanArt section for the frontsite which is a link on every frontsite page, so we'll be wanting to show off as much of our best stuff as possible so we can look good and encourage other top artists to join in. If we get enough really good stuff we could even start considering large scale competitions with prizes.

I Don't Need A Name
04-10-2006, 11:35 AM
Yeah its pretty cool, but not many people post their art on there.

Chaos
04-10-2006, 10:39 PM
I like the gallery, it looks pretty nifty.

Well done all involved.

Will get round to posting pictures as soon as workload slackens.