PDA

View Full Version : Future gaming.

a nirvana fan
04-04-2006, 12:29 PM
Now the Xbox 360 has been released, PS3 and Nintendo Revolution will be eventually released too but this got me thinking, after all them next gen consoles have been released, what will be next? I mean if for example the PS4 is released, what will the graphics, sounds, gameplay etc be like? Its mind blowing to think off. Discuss.

Markus. D
04-04-2006, 12:54 PM
I dont know honestly. but, I am guessing gameplay will get so engaging and lifelike... that we'd be bored and never play them again.

just kidding, but ummm yeah, PS4 <3

Mo-Nercy
04-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Many of the release titles for the 360 have virtually indistinguishable graphics from the games of the original Xbox. Only a few such as PGR show any significant improvement.

The Revolution is already being labelled a console that will focus more on gameplay aspects rather than graphics. We can expect the Revolution to look even less Next-gen than the 360.

On the other hand, the PS3 seems to have pretty hot graphics.

I reckon if Nintendo win the next console wars, then we can expect Microsoft and Sony to follow suit and start looking out for gameplay over graphics.

Ballistix Man
04-04-2006, 01:07 PM
PS3 is also said to be the hardest to develop for.

a nirvana fan
04-04-2006, 01:10 PM
I think PS3 is going to own Xbox 360. Also people are saying Xbox 360 graphics are lifelike, imagine them in the future!

Zante
04-04-2006, 01:15 PM
Virtual reality.

Dreddz
04-04-2006, 01:22 PM
Im pretty sure Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft already know what will be in store for there future projects. As MN said, they are going to try and revolutionize gameplay for the next projects. What the PS2, Xbox and Gamecube did wasnt just better graphics, we got better online, all these new gizmo's ( eyetoy etc ) and other features ( like video chat ) included in games that were only possible on these new consoles. Im sure the graphics are gong to be pretty /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif hot on the newer consoles, but we should be expecting more than that.

Shaun
04-04-2006, 02:00 PM
It's not really the 360's fault that the graphics aren't super. It's the fact that many games are ported from other platforms, which is the developers' and publishers' faults.

bipper
04-05-2006, 02:24 PM
Many of the release titles for the 360 have virtually indistinguishable graphics from the games of the original Xbox. Only a few such as PGR show any significant improvement.

The Revolution is already being labelled a console that will focus more on gameplay aspects rather than graphics. We can expect the Revolution to look even less Next-gen than the 360.

On the other hand, the PS3 seems to have pretty hot graphics.

I reckon if Nintendo win the next console wars, then we can expect Microsoft and Sony to follow suit and start looking out for gameplay over graphics.

***pure Wisdom***

Erdrick Holmes
04-05-2006, 03:45 PM
Don't EVEN get me started on this.

bipper
04-05-2006, 05:15 PM
Don't EVEN get me started on this.

Yes, for he shall attack ye with vaugness and threats!

I wanna get ya started, what do you think Darth Diggaty!?

Bipper-slice

Erdrick Holmes
04-05-2006, 05:34 PM
1. Games will be almost photorealistic, if you want to freely control something like that you'd have to make the controls require a metric ton of button presses and/or make the controls so watered down the character practically does everything with only minimal button presses. Games will most likely end up like movies, only more or less interactive.

2. High end graphics pumping systems like the PS3 will require games to have tons of work on them to accomidate the massive hardware, games will either take a long time to make, require a ton of effort, and/or cost alot early on.

3. Old school games>>>>>>>>>>>>> new school games (unless they're made by Sega, Konami, or SNK.)

Wuggly Blight
04-05-2006, 07:39 PM
Developers and Publishers will think of eye candy over story moreso I guess, and all indiviual game genres will die, Horror, RPG, adventure, and all become action.

Behold the Void
04-05-2006, 07:51 PM
Eventually the graphic quality should cap. Maybe then people will go back to just trying to make good games.