PDA

View Full Version : Festival Of The Hunt

I Don't Need A Name
04-04-2006, 03:09 PM
is it possible to get vivi to win this? if so what card do you acheive? I have a theory that if Zidane and Freya die against the Zaghnol then Vivi wins...is that right?

Kid X
04-04-2006, 03:36 PM
I don't know how to get Vivi to win, but i think you get a Theater Ship Card if he does.

Prancing Mad
04-04-2006, 03:52 PM
Exactly. When fighting zaghnol first have freya die, then zidane. You should be good to go then

SeeDRankLou
04-04-2006, 03:52 PM
There are two ways to get Vivi to win...

1. The Cheap Way
Have Zidane run around for a while and do stuff. When (I think) five minutes are left on the clock, the Zagnhol will appear. Go to the northeast part of the Business, fight the Zagnol with Freya, kill Freya and then kill Zidane. Vivi will automatically win (so yes, what you said is correct).

2. The Iffy Way
As soon as the festival starts, get back in the tram and go to the business district. Run up the screen (you'll get into two or three fights) until you see Vivi being chased by a Fang. Kill that Fang, and Vivi will thank you and suddenly start doing really well in the racings. He even sometimes wins on his own accord, but that's a game of chance.

Dreddz
04-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Kill Both Zidane and Freya in the Zagnol fight.

Levian
04-04-2006, 04:26 PM
Kill both Zidane and Freya in the Zaghnol fight.

Shotgunnova
04-04-2006, 06:23 PM
I've honestly never seen Vivi win of his own accord.

marc
04-05-2006, 09:22 PM
You don't want a stupid theatre ship card anyway.
Get Zidane to win because you get lots of tasty gil and maybe you might even get enough to buy a ps3 when that comes out.

I Don't Need A Name
04-05-2006, 10:03 PM
nah i prefer freya to win because 5000 gil aint much

Nick Schovitz
04-05-2006, 10:10 PM
My 1st time around Freya won and got the shiznit Coral ring which allows her to use Lancer, but maybe you like gil better eh? You won't be getting another Coral ring until a lot later.

STDemon
04-06-2006, 03:53 AM
You don't want a stupid theatre ship card anyway.
Get Zidane to win because you get lots of tasty gil and maybe you might even get enough to buy a ps3 when that comes out.

LOL nicely put

Shotgunnova
04-06-2006, 10:03 AM
Gil is easy to come by, but Coral Rings aren't available 'til Disc 2 Treno. Plus, you get Freya to learn Lancer in the deal, which should be more than enough to sweeten the pot into letting her win the Festival.

Angel Heart
04-06-2006, 10:08 AM
Yeah, get a Coral Ring, Then you can fight a Grand Dragon and Level Up really high.

boys from the dwarf
04-06-2006, 01:05 PM
coral ring is the most useful but i think is one of the only chances to get the theatre ship card.

Nick Schovitz
04-06-2006, 05:24 PM
theatre ship card I dueled somebody for that and I don't get Tetra master, I've one all of my batles by luck, I mean how do you play it!?

SeeDRankLou
04-06-2006, 07:15 PM
The Theatre Ship card is also obtained from a chocograph.

marc
04-06-2006, 09:05 PM
trading cards are for losers anyway.

DarkLadyNyara
04-06-2006, 11:12 PM
And why, pray tell would someone prefer a card to either of the other two prizes? Just curious.

Quindiana Jones
04-07-2006, 11:23 AM
In case you wanna get em all. And yeah you can get the card from a chocograph anyway.

Skyie
04-15-2006, 12:16 AM
There's no point getting the Coral Ring because when Dagger goes to Treno for the first time, you can Synthesise some there. Conveniently, Dagger's trip to Treno is sandwiched between Zidane's fight with Beatrix in Burmecia and their trip to Cleyra. Which means, you can buy some Coral Rings in Treno, save them for Zidane and his party and go kick some Grand Dragon ass when you wake up outside Burmecia.

lso, you can buy the Reflect Ring in the Auction House as well when you first go to Treno, which is much better than a Coral Ring, especially against Grand Dragons.

Shotgunnova
04-23-2006, 11:34 AM
Skyie, there's absolutely no reason to abstain from getting the Coral Ring because you can get them when "Dagger goes to Treno for the first time." Getting any other prize robs Freya of having any offensive abilities until the second disc, and you can go fight Grand Dragons without an unnecessary wait. Besides, waiting until Disc 2 Treno is a waste because you can't freely buy Rods.

Quindiana Jones
04-23-2006, 02:27 PM
Although Reflect Ring would be better than Coral, so if you got the 5K with Zidane, you might find buying the Reflect easier. If it's not your first time playing, and you know you don't wanna use Freya for more of the game, I reckon it'd be better getting Zidane to win.

Lancer's pretty useless too anyway ;)...

Shotgunnova
04-23-2006, 04:21 PM
Freya is a mandatory character and there's no excuse good enough to pass up the chance at an accessory that gives her the only offensive ability on the disc (and most of the next) in the face of money, which you can get anywhere. Why anyone would pass up the chance to get the Coral Ring and instead a Reflect Ring when you can easily get both is just foolish, if you ask me.

Crossblades
04-23-2006, 05:07 PM
nah i prefer freya to win because 5000 gil aint much

I prefer her to win so she can get that item where she can learn the Lancer ability

Cid Vicious
04-23-2006, 05:51 PM
If you get a Coral Ring, you can fight a Grand Dragon as soon as you want, earning gil and leveling up in the process. Then when you get to Treno you can buy more Coral Rings, the Reflect Ring, Fairy Earrings, a Maidens Ring and a Pearl Rouge, which learn the group the Level Up ability, so you can fight more Grand Dragons and enter Cleyra on any level you want.

Angel Heart
04-24-2006, 02:55 PM
If you get a Coral Ring, you can fight a Grand Dragon as soon as you want, earning gil and leveling up in the process. Then when you get to Treno you can buy more Coral Rings, the Reflect Ring, Fairy Earrings, a Maidens Ring and a Pearl Rouge, which learn the group the Level Up ability, so you can fight more Grand Dragons and enter Cleyra on any level you want.I do that all the time :p, i thought it was only me who figured out that mini-cheat, but it seems like a lot of other people know about it. :greenie:

boys from the dwarf
04-25-2006, 07:41 AM
yeah but its cheap and makes most of the game really easy.

TheSpoonyBard
04-25-2006, 11:14 AM
Being at such a high level early in the game is more of a curse than a blessing. To benefit the most from levelling up you need to do so with decent stat-boosting equipment, most of which isn't available until later in the game.

Back to the main question, I always have Freya win after Zidane steals the Zaghnol's items.

Quindiana Jones
04-25-2006, 03:56 PM
Yup. That's always my plan.

greenmage128
04-25-2006, 04:33 PM
The first few times I went through the Festival of the Hunt, I made Zidane win, mostly because I didn't know the value of the Coral Ring and I thought Gil was better. On my most recent playthrough, though, I killed off Zidane in the first fight just so I could get the Coral Ring. Lancer is a good ability for the beginning of the game (or, at the very least, for the enemies outside Cleyra). Plus it teaches Insomniac, which is useful for keeping Quina awake against those pesky Nymphs to get Night.

Besides, it's easier to let Freya win, anyway. :tongue: