PDA

View Full Version : Zee oh ehm jee bargain! O_O

Madame Adequate
04-04-2006, 03:51 PM
So earlier today I was in town (Ugh) and I was in a fairly new videogame store (Yay!) called Game World. Now they've always had damn cheap prices in there, usually at least £5 less than the other places on the high street. That did not prepare me for what I found there today.

Whilst idly browsing the PC section and toying with buying Fable: The Lost Chapters or Warhammer 40K Dawn of War, I came across a box advertising Fallout and Fallout 2. Though I already own Fallout 2, I had been after the original for awhile, so I prepared to prick my finger and sign my soul away in my own blood.

Only not.

Because it was for sale for the princely sum of £2.99. That's right, two of the finest games ever for £3. For you Americans, that is just a few cents over $5. For either one of those ALONE that would be remarkably cheap. Together? I vocalized, in the middle of the store, my joy. I then discovered their PS1 rack of games, which is sadly spartan but still had a few classics there. I was half-expecting to find something like Suikoden, though :p

So, tell me of your bargains, be they related to videogames or other pursuits!

Flying Mullet
04-04-2006, 03:58 PM
I like to go to pawn shops as they will sometimes have hidden gems of video games for $5-10. They tend to not understand the value of the games when they sell them.

Raistlin
04-04-2006, 04:47 PM
I got Suikoden II for $20 and considered that a bargain (in retrospect of course - I had never heard of the games before).

edczxcvbnm
04-04-2006, 04:57 PM
I bought Gitaroo-man for $10 brand new.

DK
04-04-2006, 05:49 PM
A return flight to London for £5 :D

Captain Maxx Power
04-04-2006, 06:29 PM
Both Fallouts for three quid? You jammy so and so.

Anyway, the last bargain I got was Beyond Good and Evil, Star Ocean 3 and Far Cry for the pricely sum of forty quid for the lot.

Levian
04-04-2006, 06:32 PM
I saw Final Fantasy VII for £50. Oh wait. That wasn't a bargain at all.

Xaven
04-04-2006, 06:47 PM
Food4Less sells small jugs of Arizona Iced Tea for under a buck. <3

mooglebunni608
04-04-2006, 07:14 PM
I've never really gotten a bargain on video game T_T FFIX for $15 doesn't count cuz it was scratched
But I got an awesome pair of pants for 3 dollars last week :P

Cruise Control
04-04-2006, 07:35 PM
Legend of Dragoon for $5. FF7 for $5.

Rye
04-04-2006, 07:55 PM
I got a awesomesauce black pinstripe jacket for 3 dollars. And an awesome Napoleon Dynamite hoodie for 2 dollars. It rocked. :D And they were both things that would've been expensive, except we got them on the last bargain day before they change their inventory to Spring clothes, plus, my Mom had discounts due to being an employee. :D

Yuffie514
04-04-2006, 11:24 PM
i like video-game bargains. and i'm gonna have to look for a third and new one for Silent Hill 2, because this is the DARN SECOND TIME my brother gives me a stupid excuse like "oh, i lost it"...he owes me for three more games he "borrowed", especially Silent Hill 3! i'm gonna bury his favorite game in deep poop or just somewhere that he doesn't know of and i can say "oh, i lost it" for an excuse.

oh Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3, [which i bought separately], each costed me under $10. sweet deal.

Clouded Sky
04-05-2006, 02:34 AM
Well, I found this little known pawnshop that has a lot of good stuff, especially considereding I live in a small town and this pawn shop is in the middle of nowhere. And the dog out front scares me when I get out of the car. But I just bough Prince of Persia and Castlevania IV for my Super Nintendo there yesterday. They have a ton of games I rarely expect to see: Mystic Quest, Link the Past, Street Fighter II, MK II, Super Mario Kart, Earthbound, ETC. and those are just the SNES games. Unfortunately I don't know prices on anything, so I hope I'm not getting a royal screw job.

Madame Adequate
04-05-2006, 02:43 AM
Well, I found this little known pawnshop that has a lot of good stuff, especially considereding I live in a small town and this pawn shop is in the middle of nowhere. And the dog out front scares me when I get out of the car. But I just bough Prince of Persia and Castlevania IV for my Super Nintendo there yesterday. They have a ton of games I rarely expect to see: Mystic Quest, Link the Past, Street Fighter II, MK II, Super Mario Kart, Earthbound, ETC. and those are just the SNES games. Unfortunately I don't know prices on anything, so I hope I'm not getting a royal screw job.

Considering the way some of those games are lauded, I don't think it would be possible to be overcharged. :p

Pawnshops = pwnshops? I'll have to see if any of them around here have games, but I always thought they just had bad jewellry.

Shoeberto
04-05-2006, 03:02 AM
The Fallout deal is pretty good, I guess, but they were selling dual-jewel combo packs of both the games for $10 back a few years ago - I'm not surprised to see that the price has dropped even lower.

Avathar
04-05-2006, 10:32 AM
I bought a SNES for a couple of euros:love: yay, so i could finally play FFIII!:D

bipper
04-05-2006, 05:36 PM
My freinds 'borrow' my games. I am gamless, and they made a damn better deal than any of you ever will!

*nyha*

Anaisa
04-05-2006, 07:38 PM
I got a jacket that was £69 for £2.50. An a pair of jeans that were £35 for £2.50. An I bought a few necklaces, there were four out on display but I only bought two of them. So the guy in the shop asks me why I'm not buying the other two...I tell him I can't afford to get those right now, but I'd gladly take them for free. An he gave me them for free! An I'm not talking cheap costume jewelry, they were expensive!

Rengori
04-05-2006, 11:39 PM
FF Chronicles for $3.

Madame Adequate
04-06-2006, 12:59 AM
The Fallout deal is pretty good, I guess, but they were selling dual-jewel combo packs of both the games for $10 back a few years ago - I'm not surprised to see that the price has dropped even lower.

Though Fallout 2 isn't uncommon, this is the first time I've seen Fallout for sale since, well, I can't remember when. Before 2000, I think. Besides which, whilst it may be considered worth £3 by the stores, most gamers would consider it closer to several dozen orders of magnitude more. :p

Giga Guess
04-06-2006, 01:08 AM
I like to go to pawn shops as they will sometimes have hidden gems of video games for $5-10. They tend to not understand the value of the games when they sell them.

Oh, hells yeah!