PDA

View Full Version : lifespring grotto

Masamunemaster
04-04-2006, 04:46 PM
Who has a good strategy dor omega weapon and shinryu

Captain Maxx Power
04-04-2006, 05:03 PM
Haste + Sabre as much as possible, then blat away. Also make sure you cast Invisira (either by a WM or from the White Shirt) to up everyone's evade to null any physical attacks. The Nul-type spells also help, especially NulAll, though that requires four rounds to have everyone with it. Of course healing is a must, heal almost every round you can.

Masamunemaster
04-04-2006, 05:55 PM
well I have a ninja red wizard master and knight so I dont have all the best stuff

Captain Maxx Power
04-04-2006, 06:32 PM
You have a Red Wizard, that's the best you can get. Both Ninjas and Red Wizards can use Haste and Sabre. Use it on either your Master or Knight, whoever's knocking out the most damage normally.

DarkLadyNyara
04-04-2006, 09:09 PM
The Rune and Judgement Staves are your friends. :D As are the White Robe, and Defender.

Masamunemaster
04-04-2006, 10:40 PM
thing is I stocked up on healing magic and not attacking or supporting magic; I guess I would rather live than kill(even though killing is fun)

DarkLadyNyara
04-05-2006, 12:01 AM
Whore the Judgement Staff, and Giants Gloves.

Slam Dancin' Moogle
04-09-2006, 08:55 PM
I felt bad after I bought Flare, and then I got the judgement staff. That was waste of money. I Would use Illumina for your Ninja, or Red Wizard, whomever has the most HP. Make sure everyone has haste casted on them, and try using Protectera. Then hammer him a lot, but don't forget to heal A LOT! I'd suggest being at least level 80.

Captain Maxx Power
04-09-2006, 10:29 PM
I felt bad after I bought Flare, and then I got the judgement staff. That was waste of money.

Not necessarily. It means that more than one character in your party (provided you don't have two or more Black Mages) can cast Flare if needed. And considering your other Level 8 choices include a Death spell, Death-All spell and a Paralysis spell, Flare's just the natural choice.

Slam Dancin' Moogle
04-10-2006, 05:21 AM
Well, the party I had was a Knight, Master Monk, Black Wizard, and White Wizard. My white wizard kept healing, I had haste on my Knight and MAster Monk and had them attack, and had my BW keep using the judgement staff. Not much room there.

MarshallFaulk28
04-20-2006, 05:11 PM
I actually just got to beating these two guys last night. The battles were quite tough and long for my party. I ended up using the same strategy for both. My party consists of a Warrior, Monk, White Mage, and Black Mage. My guys are around the level 52-54 range. In each battle the Monk could not sustain the damage very well and would die quite easily. After a few tries, I found it more economical to leave him dead. The party is more efficient without him.

At the start of each battle, I immediately used the tonic to increase HPs temporarily (giant tonic maybe?). Anyway, I made sure my White and Black Mages were close to 999. I also made sure my White Mage was upped to 999 MP as she would be using the magic in this battle. My other initial task was to cast Invis on the party and maybe even Protect if I remember correctly.

Once I was set with my 3 alive party members, my basic strategy was this:
Knight - Would cast things like ether (on White Mage) and potions depending on the situation.
White Mage - Would almost always cast Healaga on the party which would replenish probably around 250 HP per person. Unless she had another pressing issue (like casting Full Life on one of the other two members), I would cast Healaga religiously.
Black Mage - Would only do one thing: Use his judgement staff to cast Flare. It took about 550 a shot, and he was the only member of mine taking damage from the enemy.

The bosses always strike first, so I found important to be proactive and cast Healaga with the White Mage even if my party was full (unless she needed to revive a dead member) because the boss would take his damage at the start of a turn, and then she would heal up the party immediately afterwards. I needed to use one or maybe two dry ethers in the course of the battle as well as numerous regular ethers.

I found the whole key to the Shinryu battle was sustaining his damage long enough for him to run out of MP. I don't know what his deal is, but eventually he will stop casting Flare (which is the most brutal for the party), and I suspect it's because he is out of MP. The battle is much more controllable at that point, and none of my party members died after he stopped that attack.

Basically, the battles did take a long time (over a half-hour each I think), as my strategy was only to pick away at him with the judgement staff and make sure my guys were healthy. It'll probably go more quickly if you can use 4 members, but in my case, the Monk was just a burden to the team because he died too frequently and didn't have any kind of useful attack or function for the party. The time spent to revive him ends up being better spent healing the rest of the alive party.

boys from the dwarf
04-21-2006, 12:52 PM
complete the 40 floor dungeon you unlock by defeating tiamat then complete it(although the boss at the end has more HP hes not as hard as omega and shinryu.) to get the ultima weapon. make sure the knights on 999hp because ultima weapon ignores defence and its attack powers based on the characters HP. when you fight omega and shinryu cast haste to make your knight do 16hits and keep him on as high health as you can and he can deal up to 2,000 damage( shinryu and omega both have 35,000 HP). seems as you sont have white or black mages to deal heavy damage id use the master and the ninja to use curative items (unless the monk is powerful enough to do a lot of damage to omega or shinryu. omega has much higher defence than shinryu though.) and only use your red wizard for healing and casting haste.

Cruise Control
04-21-2006, 07:47 PM
I'm lost in here, can I get directions from the entrance to the boss, ignoring any treasure?

Masamunemaster
04-24-2006, 01:44 PM
I will try a few of these tips next time I fight them again(I saved over that slot)

xchaos knightX
04-25-2006, 01:04 AM
I did haste and temper a whole bunch with my red mage and ninja and centered it on my monk.