PDA

View Full Version : Is It Worth Buying A NeoGeo ?

Dreddz
04-04-2006, 09:24 PM
I really want one, I wish I got one back in its prime, but unfortunately I didnt, and these consoles are rare and go up to £ 200 on eBay.
Now, I have that money as ive just got quite a hefty money transfer that came from my Grandad's will.
Ok, the main reason why I want one is to be able to play all the classic 2D Fighters that you can only experience on the system like Garou Mark Of Wolves. The Joypad going with it looks very appealing :D
Ok, well should I, anyone got one already ?

Erdrick Holmes
04-04-2006, 09:25 PM
I think we BOTH know the answer to this question.

EDIT: Actually, GMofW was also made for the Dreamcast.

Dreddz
04-04-2006, 09:42 PM
It wasnt released in the UK though, so my PAL DC wont play it unfortunately, I actually forgot about that though :p
Anyways, there is still a heap of games that NeoGeo has got which I really want to play. It still has various titles from the Art Of Fighting, Fatal Fury and Samurai Showdown series that were great.
At the moment, I probably will invest in one. Its also something I'd like to have as a collectors item, gods knows what these thing will go for on eBay in 10 years time.
EDIT - Oh, and it has The Last Blade ;)

Erdrick Holmes
04-04-2006, 10:40 PM
Well if you have a PAL Dreamcast it's really not that hard to get it to play NTSC games. Mine plays NTSC-J and PAL games without mods at all.

It's a better idea to invest in a Neo Geo AVS since it's the large cabinet machine and it's alot cheaper, I think AVS and MVS can use the same game carts, it's just that buying game carts are expensive as hell. Last Blade costs well over 100 dollars on ebay.

Dreddz
04-04-2006, 10:44 PM
Well, I was planning in getting the AES console, but Ill look up AVS.
Im sure the AES plays all carts anyway ?
And im fully aware of the price of the carts, I dont plan on buying loads of games, just a few essential ones, and others here and there in the future.
EDIT - I cant find an AVS or MVS Neo Geo anywhere, although they do seem to tempt me more than the AES. Im no expert, but those things look expensive.