PDA

View Full Version : Chocobo Breeding Help

Lenna
04-04-2006, 09:54 PM
Right can someone confirm something for me. I've looked around the net for confirmation but nothing actually states that you HAVE to race the chocobo's in order to get a black / gold chocobo. I've got a Blue and a Green one, I'm currently at the stage where I have Tifa in control.

Someone told me that you can breed a black one with the blue and green at this stage but it just means you have less chance with a class c chocobo. And due to the fact I have Tifa, the gold saucer is shut down.

I'd like to get the KOTR materia before I fight Ultimate Weapon, so can someone tell me if I do need to mate them and I'm not asking for if it'd help, I'm asking is it impossible to do it without racing them.

Thankyouuuuu

Flying Mullet
04-04-2006, 10:13 PM
I've heard that you don't have to race them but the higher their class, the better chance you have of getting the next level chocobo.

Lenna
04-04-2006, 10:22 PM
Right thanks, if you feed them Sylkis greens and increase there stats, does that make a better chance?

Levian
04-04-2006, 10:41 PM
Someone told me that you can breed a black one with the blue and green at this stage but it just means you have less chance with a class c chocobo. And due to the fact I have Tifa, the gold saucer is shut down.

You know that you mate the black one with a Wonderful yellow chocobo, right? And yeah, you don't have to race. But you should.

Lenna
04-04-2006, 10:45 PM
yes I do know that but I WANT a black one right now and I only have a blue and a green. when I said breed the black on with the green and blue, I meant breeding it not mating it with them

CloudedSquall
04-04-2006, 11:07 PM
Hmm.. actually now we're on the topic, sorry for stealing your thunder, i've been trying to get a black chocobo, i've got a blue male and a green female.. and when i say to breed the lil kid goes "you can't breed with chocobos that have just bred or have just been born"... uhm?

Also, my green chocobo is S class and my blue is A. Am i missing something? (on disc 3 btw)

TheSpoonyBard
04-04-2006, 11:25 PM
CloudedSquall, go fight 10 battles and they should be ready.

Lenna
04-05-2006, 12:10 AM
Endless Twilight that doesn't actually work. Fighting normal battles doesn't get you anywhere, when I was waiting for my chocobo's to be ready to breed they wouldn't and I fought in about 30 odd battles

So I even tried flying round and doing extra quests like the wutai one and it still.

You have to fight in CHOCOBO battles. You have to fight as if you're trying to catch a chocobo and that makes it quicker.

Sephiroth1112
04-05-2006, 12:51 AM
well also all you really have to do is go fight any battles i think it take about 30 mins game time..

Lenna
04-05-2006, 01:08 AM
fighting chocobo battles makes it alot quicker though. I tried for ages as I said, and I didn't get anywhere, I fought a few chocobo battles and it got me through, I tried the same the next time and I was able to breed after a few of those battles

Levian
04-05-2006, 03:56 PM
yes I do know that but I WANT a black one right now and I only have a blue and a green. when I said breed the black on with the green and blue, I meant breeding it not mating it with them

Ah, I misunderstood. Good luck. ;)

Lenna
04-05-2006, 04:25 PM
lol thanks :p

CloudedSquall
04-06-2006, 12:02 PM
Thanks peeps. I've got my Black Cohocobo and Wonderful Chocobo although that took ages! I bred my Black Cohocobo which turned out to be a male.. so i went to get a Wonderful chocobo and got two males :mad: , then thought screw this.. bred another black one and now have a female black :D KOTR here we come