PDA

View Full Version : A rumor I heard...

Meet_Sue_Be_She
04-04-2006, 09:57 PM
I heard that they were thinking about releasing some of the Final Fantasies on Playstation 2 or 3 with enhanced graphics and voices and stuff, does anyone know anything about this or am I just hearing fake things?

Darth Cid
04-04-2006, 09:58 PM
Zidane: If that rumor is true, please let them leave FFIX alone.

Crossblades
04-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Unless I see a source, I'm not believing it

Meet_Sue_Be_She
04-04-2006, 10:19 PM
I can't remember where I heard it, I think it was in a magazine or something. But if they did, I wouldn't want them to do voices and such cause I think it'd ruin them in a way. But I do think it'd be cool if they came out with them on a newer system cause my 8 and 9 is a little scratched and it's hard to find new copies nowadays. ;_;

Winter Nights
04-04-2006, 10:28 PM
This rumor pops up everytime a new system comes out. They did it when N64 came out and when PS2 came out. Pipe dreams, really.

Darth Cid
04-05-2006, 02:50 AM
I can't remember where I heard it, I think it was in a magazine or something. But if they did, I wouldn't want them to do voices and such cause I think it'd ruin them in a way. But I do think it'd be cool if they came out with them on a newer system cause my 8 and 9 is a little scratched and it's hard to find new copies nowadays. ;_;

Zidane: Go to Blockbuster. I found my new copy of FFIX there last year when our FFIX was stratched.

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-05-2006, 02:58 AM
I recall Game Informer mentioning that there may be a rerelease of VI in the works, but it was just a little sidebar and no sources were cited.

Darth Cid
04-05-2006, 03:05 AM
I recall Game Informer mentioning that there may be a rerelease of VI in the works, but it was just a little sidebar and no sources were cited.

Zidane: If the rumor is true though, usually not much is improved, some scenary improvement and they improve sound effects, except they need to keep Kefka's laugh, it's classic.

Winter Nights
04-05-2006, 03:28 AM
I remember seeing that too, but but I believe it was for GBA or DS.

look_out_below
04-05-2006, 06:23 AM
I've seen articles where square has said they wouldnt be rereleasing/remaking any of the old games since the games are fine as they are and are compatable with the new systems. Said something about focusing on creating new games. The only thing we might see is a release of some of the FF games for the PSP, i wouldnt put that past them.

Zeromus_X
04-05-2006, 06:38 AM
There's the FFIII remake for DS, and the FFV and VI Advance remakes, but nothing else has been officially announced, to my knowledge. :cat:

--One Winged Angel--
04-05-2006, 06:47 AM
i think what your talking about is the tech demo of the opening for ffVII for the ps3. thats just wat it was tho a tech demo, to show the power of the machine. dont get me wrong id love to see remakes of VII and VIII but im not holding my breath

Tavrobel
04-05-2006, 04:03 PM
Any rumors about FFs being re-released on the PS2/3 are either absolute speculation, or complete lies. FFV and VI are planned on being released on DS.

Don't ever believe that the re-releases of these games will actually be good. The PSX versions were awesome, no need for a remake.

Crossblades
04-05-2006, 06:15 PM

It's for the GBA

DeathKnight
04-06-2006, 12:46 AM
I think I heard something like that @IGN.com, but I CAN confirm that they're making FFXIII for the PlayStation3 (makers of FFX:cool: )

Ballistix Man
04-06-2006, 01:27 AM
FF XIII better be good.

Miriel
04-06-2006, 01:57 AM
Rampant and unsubstantiated speculation is all this is.

DJZen
04-06-2006, 02:04 AM
Any rumors about FFs being re-released on the PS2/3 are either absolute speculation, or complete lies. FFV and VI are planned on being released on DS.

GBA, actually.

DeathKnight
04-06-2006, 02:06 AM
Rampant and unsubstantiated speculation is all this is.

O RLY???:

Final Fantasy PS3
Publisher: Square Enix
Developer: Square Enix
Genre: RPG
Release Date: TBA

What We Know: Much to the dismay of the 2000-plus people in attendance at Sony's E3 2005 press conference, the next Final Fantasy game won't be a remake based on the FF7 Tech Demo used to show off Square's programming chops, but rather an all-new title designed specifically for the PlayStation 3. Confirmed to be in development by Square Enix President Yoichi Wada, the first next-gen FF will likely be Final Fantasy XIII. But until any official details about the story, release date, and mechanics come to light, no other information other the game's eventual existence is currently unknown.

Source: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/618/618430p3.html

DJZen
04-06-2006, 02:07 AM
Miriel was referring to remakes on the PS3.

Miriel
04-06-2006, 02:09 AM
Miriel was referring to remakes on the PS3.
Yes, I was. :)