PDA

View Full Version : SO...Do you think there'll be another SO game? :P

Zeromus_X
04-05-2006, 05:39 AM
Hee hee, I made a funny. :cat:

Yeah, if you've played SO3, you'll know that it's questionable that there'll be another SO game. I won't say what makes that so, but I hope that people who've played the game through will know what I'm talking about, I don't want to say it. :cat:

So, given the circumstances, do you think there'll be another? If so, how would it be? :cat:

Captain Maxx Power
04-05-2006, 12:21 PM
Considering the story arc of the last one they kind of killed off the franchise quite nicely. Nothing sort of prequels could save it. Either that or a spin of with Cliff where Cliff kicks the universe's collective ass just because he can. Then he and Bruce Campbell sit around eating steaks and insulting anyone who goes by, before having a big fight with each other because they can. Then the game abruptly ends for no reason, ending with Cliff berating you for wasting time playing computer games when you could be out doing cool stuff just like him.

Yeah that'd be sweet.

Reine
04-05-2006, 02:22 PM
Well, according to the ending the universe continued to exist, for some odd reason I cant explain quickly so there could be, or a game inside 4D Space

Even a side story or prequel, I mean, we never get to see Aldian or Greeton, things like that, I always wondred about.

Theres tons of possibilities, if you have an open mind

look_out_below
04-05-2006, 09:16 PM
It all depends if Square thinks they can milk the market for money with another SO. If there is another one i dont think we will see it for a long time off since square is busy with other products and francises. Personally i think the series has probably come to an end with the 3rd one.

black orb
04-06-2006, 05:14 AM
>>> Of course it will, without Star Ocean Tri-ace will probably disappear..
Unless Valkyrie Profile become huge as FF but that wont happen..

Zeromus_X
04-06-2006, 06:39 AM
Unless Valkyrie Profile become huge as FF but that wont happen..

:confused: :cat:

black orb
04-06-2006, 07:43 AM
>>> What I said, If VP becomes mainstream and sells more than SO tri-Ace could stop making SO games and focuse more in their other games like VP and Radiata stories..
But thats a stupid thing to do so it wont happen.

Zeromus_X
04-07-2006, 01:59 AM
Oh, I see :p I was confused, because VP has an immense fanbase.

Still, it'll be hard to pull out another SO game, with the afore-hinted at plot twist. :cat:

black orb
04-07-2006, 05:23 AM
>>> Then they could make a SO prequel, just like they did with Valkyrie Profile..

Awesomeman
04-07-2006, 06:33 AM
Considering the story arc of the last one they kind of killed off the franchise quite nicely. Nothing sort of prequels could save it. Either that or a spin of with Cliff where Cliff kicks the universe's collective ass just because he can. Then he and Bruce Campbell sit around eating steaks and insulting anyone who goes by, before having a big fight with each other because they can. Then the game abruptly ends for no reason, ending with Cliff berating you for wasting time playing computer games when you could be out doing cool stuff just like him.

Yeah that'd be sweet.

So far, this is our best bet for another SO game.