PDA

View Full Version : How to use Mist Knack?

gijoe24jp
04-05-2006, 05:38 PM
I have a question about FF12. My character has just learned Mist Knack from the license board. Yet, I am not exactly sure how to use it. There's a time limit and what do I do? Any advice is appreciated.

Dreddz
04-05-2006, 05:54 PM
I envy you so much.........Oh, Dunno :confused:

Crossblades
04-05-2006, 06:26 PM
lol nobody here has played FF XII yet:p So we can't help you. Sorry

But gamefaqs has plenty of walkthroughs so maybe you'll find something there on mist knacks:)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/459841.html

boys from the dwarf
04-05-2006, 06:41 PM
did you import it or are you japanese or something because i have no idea how you got FF12 so soon.

Necronopticous
04-05-2006, 07:03 PM
I thought "Mist Knack" was a general term for a certain kind of skill that each character can learn on the license board at some point. I've never heard of an actual ability called Mist Knack... Whose Mist Knack is it?

Crossblades
04-05-2006, 07:10 PM
I thought "Mist Knack" was a general term for a certain kind of skill that each character can learn on the license board at some point. I've never heard of an actual ability called Mist Knack... Whose Mist Knack is it?

Mist Knacks is the "limit breaks" of FF XII

gijoe24jp
04-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Thanks guys for all your comments. I got FF12 because I have a Japanese PS2 (I used to live in Japan) and I asked my Japanese girlfriend to get the game and send it to me in the US.

As far as I know, Mist Knack is an ability you can get on the license board. You use it when your MP is full. When you activate Mist Knack, it changes into a different screen with a time limit (kind of like the limit break in FF10 where you can press a combination of bottons). I can read Japanese, but I still can't figure a way out. Sometime, Mist Knack deals 1000HP damage to an opponent, sometime only 60HP. Strange right?

Anyway, thanks again people. If you have other questions about FF12, feel free to drop me a line. I will answer to my best knowledge without spoiling the story.

Khaotic
04-06-2006, 05:32 AM
Can your girlfriend send me a copy? :D

(sarcasm)

Vivisteiner
04-06-2006, 10:09 AM
Since both summons and mist knacks use all your mp, which are more powerful generally. I heard summons arnt very useful in battle but mist knacks are. Is that true?

CloudedSquall
04-06-2006, 05:39 PM
Is it also to quickly swap between characters during a fight? Or do yu have to go into the menu to swap?

marc
04-06-2006, 09:47 PM
I think I might aswell just learn Japenese.
It'd be quicker then waiting for FF12 to come out in Europe.
Do they even know we exist anymore?

Or are we just inspiration for hairstyles and old fashion trends.

Jir11
04-07-2006, 03:01 AM
I have a question about FF12. My character has just learned Mist Knack from the license board. Yet, I am not exactly sure how to use it. There's a time limit and what do I do? Any advice is appreciated.

So can you give us your impressions of the game, what you like, what you don't like, what you think about the story so far, what you think about the characters ect. How far are you into the game? How is the battle system? More importantly how is the music/soundtrack so far? I'm hearing alot about the story not being deep or that the characters are not well developed enough. Can you give us your views on what you think of the game so far? Any feedback would be great. :) Hope you're having fun with the game, I know I can't hardley wait for it!

eternalshiva
04-07-2006, 01:03 PM
I managed to summon in the demo from DragonQuest VIII and from what I saw, at lvl 20, the summons farking kick ass =D

crazybayman
04-07-2006, 01:41 PM

So can you give us your impressions of the game, what you like, what you don't like, what you think about the story so far, what you think about the characters ect. How far are you into the game? How is the battle system? More importantly how is the music/soundtrack so far? I'm hearing alot about the story not being deep or that the characters are not well developed enough. Can you give us your views on what you think of the game so far? Any feedback would be great. :) Hope you're having fun with the game, I know I can't hardley wait for it!
C'mon, gijoe24jp, don't leave us hangin'!!

Awesomeman
04-07-2006, 10:34 PM
Can your girlfriend send me a copy? :D

(not sarrcasm)

gijoe24jp
04-08-2006, 12:20 AM
Ok guys, I will give you my impression of the game shortly. Being a grad student, it's difficult to play game all the time.

Markus. D
04-14-2006, 10:03 AM
you are extremely lucky.

T-T

McLovin'
04-14-2006, 02:34 PM
TO JAPAN!

*insert batman theme*

theundeadhero
04-15-2006, 09:26 PM
Summons are extremely useful. In both parts of the demo I used a summon to totally mop the floor with the boss fights.

ヴァン
04-19-2006, 02:35 PM
Hi everyone, I'm really new here and just happened to read your post regarding using a character's mist knack. Well for me, I keep pushing the R2 buttom because thats what i saw on the screen as it says push R2. Well....however the thing is..sometimes you can inflict damage that reaches 1000hp and on the other hand, you can also end up inflicting a damage that is as little as what you have said 68hp.. gosh.. I was wondering how you use that thing! No doubt thats like a limit break for FFXII but the damage cause isn't constant at all. :eek:

Wereblood
11-10-2006, 01:14 AM
I haven't quite figured it out myself.

I know that when you press R2 it's suposed to cycle through different combinations, but that's all I have figured out. I know usually I deal alot of damage by pressed R2 once and mashing X, but that might just be luck.

Anyway, good luck.
Joy

Psychotic
11-10-2006, 01:45 AM
Please don't revive threads that have been dead for 7 months. Thank you.