PDA

View Full Version : Rain!!!

DarkLadyNyara
04-05-2006, 09:05 PM
I swear, Burmecia's got nothing on San Bernardino right now. :mad: I like rain, but not when I have to be in it. So, what's the weather like where everyone else lives?

TheAbominatrix
04-05-2006, 09:07 PM
Jeez you aint kidding. Not far from Berdoo, and its raining/hailing/windy almost constantly. It'll get calm and then go right back to it. I really dont wanna be out and driving in this mess.

Miriel
04-05-2006, 09:09 PM
USC students apparently don't know how to handle rain since I've heard that nobody has been showing up to classes for the last few days. :riiight:

I'm nice and cozy in my house though, so the rain isn't bothering me too much. Plus I get to wear my lovely rainboots when I do go out so it's not so bad. But driving is hell. Seriously, it's like non-stop traffic with this rain freaking people out.

Yamaneko
04-05-2006, 09:12 PM
It just stopped raining a while ago. Now it's windy like hell.

Jess
04-05-2006, 09:12 PM
It's just cold and windy here. :(

Anaisa
04-05-2006, 09:15 PM
It's been sunny here today, but there was still a chill in the air.

Dreddz
04-05-2006, 09:19 PM
I practically live in rain city, London. Rain sucks hard....

TheAbominatrix
04-05-2006, 09:20 PM
USC students apparently don't know how to handle rain since I've heard that nobody has been showing up to classes for the last few days. :riiight:

I'm nice and cozy in my house though, so the rain isn't bothering me too much. Plus I get to wear my lovely rainboots when I do go out so it's not so bad. But driving is hell. Seriously, it's like non-stop traffic with this rain freaking people out.

Yeah, people around here just dont know how to react to the rain. I personally love being out in it... but I hate driving in it because everyone else sucks. xD

Strider
04-05-2006, 09:23 PM
We've got flooding up here. Hurray?

The major dam up the San Joaquin River has started flowing 1500 cubic feet per second more than usual to keep it from overflowing. Apparently, it's worse up near Sacramento, though.

DarkLadyNyara
Update- it is now a thunderstorm. :cool: I'll be staying inside.

Reine
I demand this thread name be changed to Reine!

*cough cough* anyway, I love the rain, especially thunderstorms.

Call me stupid, but I always used to, and still do, stand in front of the giant window we have looking over the hills and the bay and try to time the lightinimng strikes while im doing spellcasting poses, yeah, casting lightning spells

I can be an idiot, I know, but its fun, so there!

Yamaneko
04-05-2006, 09:24 PM
People in SoCal turn retarded when it starts to rain. Trying to drive through a flooded intersection, not using windshield wipers, not using turn signal (they do this when it doesn't rain either, but it's that more annoying when it rains), etc.

Shoden
04-05-2006, 09:25 PM
I went up to Kielder for a few days and the weather was insane, one minute thick as hell snowflakes poured down like there wasnt an end, then it started hailing, later in the day it stopped, sun came out and it was about 20 degrees C.

TheAbominatrix
04-05-2006, 09:26 PM
People in SoCal turn retarded when it starts to rain. Trying to drive through a flooded intersection, not using windshield wipers, not using turn signal (they do this when it doesn't rain either, but it's that more annoying when it rains), etc.

Aint it the truth. Not to mention continuing to cut people off and speed... bad enough ideas when its dry, but when its raining its like a death wish.

SammieBabe
04-05-2006, 09:28 PM
I live in Florida. It rains daily for about 4 months straight. You can practically set your watch by it. When we're not be pummeled by hurricanes and the like, of course...

DarkLadyNyara
04-05-2006, 09:38 PM

Oh, man, tell me about it. Idiots. :mad:

Samuraid
04-05-2006, 09:40 PM
About 1am this morning, it started raining so hard and suddenly the roof was pounding.

Yeah, many people in Southern CA just don't know how to drive in very adverse weather. I've seen people flip their cars or hydroplane in normal amounts of rain around my hometown a few times.

Miriel
04-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Yeah, many people in Southern CA just don't know how to drive in very adverse weather. I've seen people flip their cars or hydroplane in normal amounts of rain around my hometown a few times.
I was in a car that was hydroplaning once, and I seriously thought we were going to die.

Ramza Beoulve
04-05-2006, 10:41 PM
Never rains in my city :(, only between 2 and 9 times at year, but the cold air, oh! this rules the city from january to march, the others days is dry and sometimes really hot

Rye
04-05-2006, 10:43 PM
It's been nice (in the 50s) lately in NY but it just randomly started snowing for about an hour, really hard for about 20 minutes, and then it stopped and now it's beautiful out. Wtf. xD

Lost Number
04-05-2006, 10:45 PM
Monday - Cold. Rain.
Tuesday - Cold. Rain.
Wednesday - Cold. Rain.

You get the idea.

Pike
04-05-2006, 10:59 PM
It's nice here in Montana... cool and breezy. It was raining and hailing earlier today, but unfortunately it's not anymore. Durn. I love the rain. It needs to rain more here. XD

Zeldy
04-05-2006, 11:01 PM
The weather has been all over the place this week
There was times when I was roasting, others when there was frost on cars. Times when it was sunny, times when it was black clouds.
Its rained. Hailstoned. And its snowed.
We had heavy winds on Monday.

Is there any other type of weather we havnt had? O_O
The snow was so random, It was sweltering'ly hot at lunch, and in last lesson it snowed. Wtf? xD

Faris
04-05-2006, 11:16 PM
Rain and snow since Monday.
The snow melted all away last week, then it comes back! :mad2:

Evastio
04-05-2006, 11:23 PM
*cough cough* anyway, I love the rain, especially thunderstorms.
Me too. Everything's all nice and cool when it's raining. Besides, when it's raining, there's no sun out. I don't like sunlight.

bipper
04-05-2006, 11:23 PM
Rain gets my juices flowing :joey:

KuRt
04-05-2006, 11:26 PM
snowing and freezing, darn it..

Reles
04-05-2006, 11:27 PM
It's 80 degree weather outside, I'm going to go for a walk later!

Miriel
04-05-2006, 11:50 PM
The wind knocked down a powerline or something cause the power in my area went out for awhile. =/

It's April! I should be wearing shorts and tank tops by now.

Shlup
04-05-2006, 11:53 PM
I swear, Burmecia's got nothing on San Bernardino right now. :mad: I like rain, but not when I have to be in it. So, what's the weather like where everyone else lives?
Seeing as I'm also in San Bernardino, I don't think it's that bad today. The last couple of rain spurts were a bit annoying because of the wind pushing my umbrella around, but it wasn't raining so hard that I got too wet.

DarkLadyNyara
04-06-2006, 12:14 AM
*sigh* Spoken like someone who didn't have to cross Baseline and E this morning. It varies in different areas, though.

Shlup
04-06-2006, 12:15 AM
Naw, I crossed at University and Northpark. It was a stready rain but it wasn't a hard rain. I mean it was bad weather but it was worse last time it was rainy.