PDA

View Full Version : FF8 Patches

Chobo
04-06-2006, 02:12 PM
I'm using the PC CD's and am almost at the end of the 1st Disc. However, after I get Zell, Selphie and Quistis from the sewers back into the top room at the gate, after Zell says "Just in time!", the music starts but the images go green and pixelly then the game crashes. This happens continuously. Any patches that can remedy this plz?:confused:

Thx in advance ^-^

starseeker
04-06-2006, 03:06 PM
That sounds like a disc problem to me

Chobo
04-06-2006, 03:36 PM
Okay...how do I fix it? What Disc-Cleaning thingy is best?

Xiedo
04-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Well, the low-tech way to go is get a soft, dry, lint-free cloth and wipe it gently on the disc surface in straight lines going from inside to outside (like the spokes on a bicycle wheel). Never wipe the disc in a circular fashion.

There are more elaborate descriptions and also products you can buy to do the job better. Just Google it.

u2girl1966
04-06-2006, 05:05 PM
Try changing the configuration settings for the game. Part of the problem is that the PC version is buggy. I tried a couple of patches but they really didn't work. I'm playing the game with a smaller viewing screen and that seems to keep it from crashing. Good luck!

Chobo
04-06-2006, 05:10 PM
I'll try the manual cloth cleaning. And I tried changing the resolution to 1/4 screen...didn't work lol ><

DoaJ
04-06-2006, 09:44 PM
Also, if you have any game stores near you, it costs like a dollar or two, and you can have the disc cleaned like hell. It erases nearly all sratches, unless they are too deep, then the disc is unsavable. Since you are apparently able to play it, the sratches cannot be that bad. Good Luck

Xiedo
04-07-2006, 01:36 AM
Also, if you have any game stores near you, it costs like a dollar or two, and you can have the disc cleaned like hell. It erases nearly all sratches, unless they are too deep, then the disc is unsavable. Since you are apparently able to play it, the sratches cannot be that bad. Good Luck

EDIT:*Wow!* I didn't know that. That's awesome. I'll have to ask around.

Chobo
04-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Sweet yea I'll check it out. The manual cloth cleaning didn't help unfortunately >< But yea, it only freezes at the beginning of that one video with Edea's parade where you have to flip the switch.