PDA

View Full Version : weird Rumor...

Sephiroth1112
04-06-2006, 02:20 PM
I heard a rumor about a FFVII coming to the PsP. Are they right? or are those Final Fantasy dorks pulling my leg? i mean i can understand that if they do make it for the PsP is would need like 4 discs but i can understand that considering all the music and areas that go into it. plus all the story line...

hit me back... lets see what you have to say about this.
also blab about what you think about this idea...
Is it good or bad?

I RULE THE WORLD! :magus: :megamanx: SAVE!!! :save:

marc
04-07-2006, 02:33 PM
they shud make it for the DS

Crop
04-07-2006, 02:41 PM
Geez cant they just leave FFVII alone!

Sephiroth1112
04-07-2006, 02:52 PM
how would they make it for the ds? gotta remember how much has to go into it.. the easiest thing they could possibly make it for is PsP

TheAbominatrix
04-07-2006, 02:55 PM
No, they arent. No remakes have been announced. There is an FF game announced for PSP, and it's Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core.

sephiroth the dark angel
04-07-2006, 03:23 PM

i agree with u they should leave it alone but it would be pretty neat if they did do it for psp.

ps:ffvii is old and tierd of beeing famous

Crossblades
04-07-2006, 03:24 PM
Crisis Core:FF VII is coming to the PSP. I think it's an FF VII prequel

TheAbominatrix
04-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Its a prequel, yes.

And as for 'leaving VII alone': if we stop buying it, they'll stop making it.

Crop
04-07-2006, 03:28 PM
Its a prequel, yes.

And as for 'leaving VII alone': if we stop buying it, they'll stop making it.

Well IMO, they have ruined FFVII by bringing out all this new stuff.

TheAbominatrix
04-07-2006, 03:31 PM
Then dont play/watch the new stuff. You're of course entitled to your opinion, but its not like you're being forced to play/watch it. I personally think the last two seasons of the anime Gatchaman ruined it, so I just dont watch it. I'm not gonna begrudge the company for doing things to make money, because that's what companies are for, nor am I going to begrudge others the pleasure they may take in watching it.

Vivi123
04-07-2006, 05:39 PM
I think there is make FFIX on the psp!

Sephiroth1112
04-07-2006, 06:05 PM
no... theres no 9 coming to the psp but then again VII would actually be awesome for the psp in my eyes...

gyaku_zuki
04-07-2006, 06:52 PM
FFVII could be coming to the psp, but not directly, like some of you think.

the ACTUAL story is this. anyone who has a PSP will be familiar with the word "firmware", which is like a version of the psp operating system.
now, because of "homebrew", sony have been battling to get ppl to update their firmaware, to stop it.
so, in their new version, not yet released, they are including a new service, whereby you can purchase and download off the net certain suitable titles fom psone and ps2, tweaked in order to be "emulated" so to speak on psp, ONE OF WHICH MAY BE FFVII.
Obviously, since the psp has 2 less shoulder buttons, and one less analog stick, only certain titles would be suitable for this, but FFVII is a possibility.

This ISNT a spoof, it is true. I follow psp matters and homebrew on psp very closely, so trust me. That may be what OP heard about, this rumour.
If they do, it will have very little to do with Square, as sony have the rights to release the games if they like (i believe)

Sephiroth1112
04-07-2006, 07:08 PM
kewl... thaty would be awesome! lol im actually getting a psp soon otherwise i would have talked to those geeks i over heard this from

marc
04-07-2006, 07:55 PM
I think there is make FFIX on the psp!

pardon?

gyaku_zuki
04-07-2006, 09:04 PM
again, ffix could also use the same "emulation" feature to be played on psp

-Red XIII-
04-07-2006, 09:09 PM
[QUOTE=Sephiroth1112]I heard a rumor about a FFVII coming to the PsP. Are they right? or are those Final Fantasy dorks pulling my leg? i mean i can understand that if they do make it for the PsP is would need like 4 discs but i can understand that considering all the music and areas that go into it. plus all the story line...

Not exactly. It would probably take two (maybe even one ) discs to put it on there. Remember: Ps1 discs are really low-tech nowadays. One PSP disc is probably, like, two Ps1's.

Sephiroth1112
04-07-2006, 09:19 PM
lol ok i see i didnt know that

Shadow_Turk_Athamay
04-12-2006, 04:57 PM
Well, I agree that maybe we should let the masterpiece remain as it is, but then think about it.

There would be no Advent Children if they left it alone, no Before Crisis, no Crisis Core and I've heard a rumour floating around that the original game is gonna be re-done for the PS3.

Imagine that: The same great story and characters but with 3D un-pixeled graphics and actual voices rather than text boxes.

Tseng, Vincent and Sephiroth in CG'ed, non-pixeled form? Hell yes!

gyaku_zuki
04-12-2006, 11:00 PM
Not exactly. It would probably take two (maybe even one ) discs to put it on there. Remember: Ps1 discs are really low-tech nowadays. One PSP disc is probably, like, two Ps1's.

One disc only would be needed.
PSP disc = 1.8Gb approx
PS1 disc = 650Mb approx = 1/3 PSP disc approx

Therefore its approximately exactly 1 PSP disc. Add that to the fact that you can shrink the FMV sequences to the smaller screen, and it easily fits on one disc.

... I've heard a rumour floating around that the original game is gonna be re-done for the PS3.

Imagine that: The same great story and characters but with 3D un-pixeled graphics and actual voices rather than text boxes.

Nope, Square released a {confirmed} statement before PS3 was fully reported, saying that as long as the PlayStations are backwards compatible enough to play ps1-version, there will never be a remake. And guess what? The PS3 is backwards-compatible all the way to ps1, including FF7. So, no, no remake.

Kyros
04-13-2006, 01:12 AM
FFVII is too overrated as it is and should never be remade for anything...

sephiroth the dark angel
04-18-2006, 10:38 AM
why is it ppl queep making rumours like that can't they face the truth of ff7 was a good game but there will be no remake ppl get over it

NGU
04-18-2006, 11:04 AM
I heard a rumour of FFVII going onto the PS3 as a remake so one would think same FFVII better graphics and that is the whole reason I think th PS series is better than the Xbox series

boys from the dwarf
04-24-2006, 07:35 AM
why always FF7? their killing it!

TheAbominatrix
04-24-2006, 09:11 AM
Because VII left the most open, and it's the fan favorite. The freakishly obsessed fan boys are as much at fault as SE.

Anniexo
04-24-2006, 02:21 PM
No i don't think they should cus i've been told that PSP are S*&% so i'm not going to get one just to get a FF game they should just make it for the PS2

Sephiroth1112
04-24-2006, 04:28 PM
Well, I agree that maybe we should let the masterpiece remain as it is, but then think about it.

I've heard a rumour floating around that the original game is gonna be re-done for the PS3.

Tseng, Vincent and Sephiroth in CG'ed, non-pixeled form? Hell yes!

HELLZ YEAH MAN i totally agree.. that would be so kewl lol... think also if they did it for the PsP then you could have the game (with voices and CG'd chars) right in your pocket

Laguna
04-24-2006, 05:14 PM
I wouldnt mind a remake of FFVII for psp, at least I would have a game for it that I'd actually be bothered to finish.

Technically, its possible.

As for the whole "FFVII is being murdered! Leave it be!" well, I dont quite agree with this attitude. That's like saying a great painting shouldnt be put on show in an art gallery because everyone will just keep loving it. Why shouldnt new artists attempt to emulate the same thing? Or why cant I buy the tacky poster from the gift shop, frame it and pretend I own the original? Stupid analogy aside, I would have no problem if FFVII was ever rereleased.

BlackWaltz
04-24-2006, 05:54 PM
A remake would be a bad idea. But i have been hoping from the day i got my psp that they would port it. It would be perfect, final fantasy VII anywhere i wanted! we can only hope (btw it would fit onto 1 umd i think, holds alot more than a cd :D

Maxico
04-24-2006, 06:42 PM

the ACTUAL story is this. anyone who has a PSP will be familiar with the word "firmware", which is like a version of the psp operating system.
now, because of "homebrew", sony have been battling to get ppl to update their firmaware, to stop it.
so, in their new version, not yet released, they are including a new service, whereby you can purchase and download off the net certain suitable titles fom psone and ps2, tweaked in order to be "emulated" so to speak on psp, ONE OF WHICH MAY BE FFVII.
Obviously, since the psp has 2 less shoulder buttons, and one less analog stick, only certain titles would be suitable for this, but FFVII is a possibility.

This ISNT a spoof, it is true. I follow psp matters and homebrew on psp very closely, so trust me. That may be what OP heard about, this rumour.
If they do, it will have very little to do with Square, as sony have the rights to release the games if they like (i believe)

First of all, Final Fantasy has an enourmous amount of pre-rendered backgrounds and FMV sequences that just arn't suited to downloads. Not only would it take a long time, but it would only fit on the largest of memory cards.

Also, Square would have to be involved in optimising the game for the PSP. I'm sure you've noticed that the PSP doesn't exactly run at TV resolution.

The rumours of Final Fantasy VII being available for emulation came from a mock up photoshop edit of a downloading interface on the PSP and therefore doesn't really mean anything.

Also, I don't know about other people. But I really don't feel like going through the game again. It was nice at the time, and as my first RPG had alot of new and unfamiliar content. But I don't think that it deserve the endless praise or the flogging from Square.

???
04-26-2006, 08:24 PM
they are making A final fantasy 7 game on psp but its final fantasy vii crisis core coming out this year

Khaotic
04-26-2006, 09:37 PM
They should leave FF7 alone, unless they're remaking it on the Playstation 3, then its like an entire new game, graphics wise, and since everything would change with it besides storyline, it would be pretty good.

TheBrent
04-26-2006, 10:48 PM
I'd buy it, if I had a PSP.

sephiroth45
04-26-2006, 10:58 PM

wow gyaku never knew you watched all this soo much, but sad to tell YOUR WRONG!!!

There is a real game like many of you had said called Crisis Core and there is an official thread on eoff-FFVII section! not much info, but still is useful!!!

sephiroth3991
04-27-2006, 01:30 AM
I honestly don't care the only thing I think they should do is remake FF7 for the PS3 but the only thing I would want if they did remake it for the Ps3 is enhanced graphics nothing else no tampering with the story line or changing the bosses or changing the fighting system just everything the way it was except enhanced graphics THAT WOULD BE SWEET!!!!!!!!!!

klipkloper
05-07-2006, 11:15 AM

i agree with u they should leave it alone but it would be pretty neat if they did do it for psp.

yeah, but i kind of want a remake with all the same stuff
ff XII fighting sucks and makes me want to die.....
i just want to see sephy in good graphed evil saying insaine stuff.
all he wants is to make his mother proud <3 <3
god he is so hot
so are you sephiroth the dark angel
id like stalk you but im too sick

Slothy
05-07-2006, 12:21 PM
I would just like to point out that I wouldn't be surprised if many of those who are against an FFVII rerelease on the PSP were probably singing a different tune when it was all of the earlier FF's being released on the GBA (or in the case of FFIII, completely remade on the DS). I'm not saying they'll do it, because honestly, I don't see an FF7 rerelease happening anytime soon, but I fail to see how it would be a bad idea. It would make Square money, probably get the game into the hands of people who've never played it before, and give those of us who were there the first time around some nostalgia on the go. As was said earlier, if all the FFVII stuff they're puttingout bothers you, well, no one's forcing you to watch or play it. Instead of making a big fuss and whining about it, why don't you just ignore it and save us all the headache's of seeing people complain about Square ruining FFVII or that FFVII was overrated for the millionth time.

gyaku_zuki
05-07-2006, 08:28 PM
wow gyaku never knew you watched all this soo much, but sad to tell YOUR WRONG!!!

There is a real game like many of you had said called Crisis Core and there is an official thread on eoff-FFVII section! not much info, but still is useful!!!

how have you proved me wrong here? I know about crisis core, but thats not the issue. Sony ARE (basically) MAKING A PSONE EMULATOR for psp. Therefore, certain games could indeed be emulated on such an emulator (duh) making FF7 possible.

PSONE emulator does not equal a PSP game. Crisis Core is an actual PSP game. FF7 for PSP would actually be an emulation (in the same way that you can emulate NES, SNES, Genesis and more on your PC)

Please don't say I'm wrong when you obviously don't really know what you are talking about.

TheKolkster
05-11-2006, 07:15 AM
how have you proved me wrong here? I know about crisis core, but thats not the issue. Sony ARE (basically) MAKING A PSONE EMULATOR for psp. Therefore, certain games could indeed be emulated on such an emulator (duh) making FF7 possible.

PSONE emulator does not equal a PSP game. Crisis Core is an actual PSP game. FF7 for PSP would actually be an emulation (in the same way that you can emulate NES, SNES, Genesis and more on your PC)

Please don't say I'm wrong when you obviously don't really know what you are talking about.

I don't think you know what your talking about because it's not an emulator. The PSP is way too slow to EMULATE the PSX. If you watched the Sony press confrence, then you'll notice he ran a PSX game from the PSP and not an emulator.

The games may actually be emulated, but the PSP isn't actually emulating the PSX hardware. I'm curious on how there going to do this.

Sephiroth1112
05-25-2006, 02:56 PM

yeah, but i kind of want a remake with all the same stuff
ff XII fighting sucks and makes me want to die.....
i just want to see sephy in good graphed evil saying insaine stuff.
all he wants is to make his mother proud <3 <3
god he is so hot
so are you sephiroth the dark angel
id like stalk you but im too sick

ytou are so true it makes me wanna puke too

gyaku_zuki
05-25-2006, 05:40 PM
I don't think you know what your talking about because it's not an emulator. The PSP is way too slow to EMULATE the PSX. If you watched the Sony press confrence, then you'll notice he ran a PSX game from the PSP and not an emulator.

The games may actually be emulated, but the PSP isn't actually emulating the PSX hardware. I'm curious on how there going to do this.

Exams over, Reply time!

Unless the PSP contains the original PS1 chip (which it doesn't) then EMULATION is the correct term for what they are doing.

PS2 contains a PS1 bios chip, which means it is NOT emulating a PS1, whereas the PSP does NOT contain a PS1 bios chip.

I did watch the press conference, and the emulator program and game are self-contained (like a self-extracting zip file). Therefore, he does not need to load up an emulator first.