PDA

View Full Version : The proper way to post hatred.

Darth Cid
04-06-2006, 05:19 PM
Zidane: Ladies & Gentlemen, this is not meant as a flame of any sort but, I've decided to post dislike about FFVII.

It is good to bare-in-mind I do not hate FFVII, I find it an enjoyable game though I believe it is overrated in popularity and Square needs to stop using it as a business cow by creating sequels like Dirge of Cerebus and Advent Children, and prequels like Before Crisis, it was been my belief that all FFs should stay one story games, and leave sequels and prequels to fan fiction authors to show their sense of creativity. I would like to point out my dislikes about this game however.

While FFVII has a love story in it, compared to my favorite love story, FFIX's, I did not find FFVII's believable, Tifa and Aerith were hitting on Cloud, and he gives the "I don't care about anything." additude throughout most of the game. A more believable love story would have been Cloud acknowledging their flirts and even giving a few of his own, and the girls may take offense to it.

The villain, Sephiroth, I like Sephiroth he's an awesome villain, villian look, powerful weapon, his motives; however, are very flawed, to put it simple, he's a momma's boy, he's casting Meteor and destroying the Planet over a 2,000 year old woman who was thought to be a Centre, and wasn't a Centre, and she probably doesn't even know he considers her his mother, afterall she isn't, Jenova cells were put in Sephiroth when he was an unborn fetis.

The last confrontation between Cloud and Sephiroth is unbelieve as well, c'mon, I expected a clash of Limit Breaks, instead I see Cloud Omnislash Seph, Seph doesn't have a chance, what the hell? It should have been better in my opinion.

Lenna
04-06-2006, 05:20 PM
Ok scuse that

It's a bit pathetic to flame FF7 just cause a fanboy is flaming you?!

FF7 is a brilliant game, it has been debated that it isn't the best, but it sure has alot of competition built within it.
As for the last confrontation between cloud and sephy, I mean come on, you've just fought the guy fgs. Of COURSE he isn't going to be able to fight back, otherwise he would have defeated you in the storyline.

Darth Cid
04-06-2006, 05:22 PM
Zidane: I agree, FFVII is a brillant work as most of Square's works are; however, I am pointing out my dislikes about the game, I want to know agrees or disagrees with my dislikes.

Lenna
04-06-2006, 05:27 PM
Personally, I think that fighting back on here is pointless, cause you'll probably see that many people agree with what you are saying about him being annoyiing and stupid. But trying to show you're better is a bit pathetic. I'd say just ignore the fact, because trying to upstand him will not make you look better in the process.

Darth Cid
04-06-2006, 05:33 PM
Zidane: Well, the point of this thread is to provide enlighten debate, what you dislike, and allowing people agree or disagree with you. Is there anything in particular you liked or disliked about FFVII that you see many dissing, you may find I agree with you on some aspects of the game, your post about the Cloud vs. Sephiroth for instance, that's what I'm looking for, debating that events people liked or disliked about a game. I say Cloud vs. Sephiroth should have been a bit more of a challenge; however, at the time, I've found that Omnislash, Cloud's limit break, can make the game too easy, what do you think of Omnislash?

The Devourer Of Worlds
04-06-2006, 05:51 PM
Lol, 'internet'.

Darth Cid
04-06-2006, 05:55 PM
Zidane: *confused* Should I take that as a yes you like Omnislash? Or no you don't like Omnislash?

The Devourer Of Worlds
04-06-2006, 05:57 PM
You should take it exactly as it reads.

Darth Cid
04-06-2006, 06:00 PM
Zidane: *still confused* ...okay, well, is there anything you dislike about FFVII? Or is there anything you can disprove that I said I disliked about FFVII?

Ballistix Man
04-06-2006, 06:20 PM
I dont get it why are you still postig here? We get the point if it isnt an intelligent conversation you want no part of it so why are you here go to the X-2 forum if you truly have a problem. But back on topic. I loved everything about the game except maybe the love story. And while it was good it lead to millions of dumb fans suporting a pairing and constantly fighting to make you see it their way. In all actuality I found it the most realistic love story in the series besides maybe 9.

Setzer Gabianni
04-06-2006, 06:25 PM
This is going nowhere, just the like FFVIII hating thread. *reports* *also predicts bitching*

~Setzer Gabianni

Darth Cid
04-06-2006, 06:28 PM
Zidane: Yes, I find the love story a bit annoying, for years people have argued CloudxAerith or CloudxTifa or CloudxBarret. I rather not enjoy CloudxAerith because Aerith is dead. I dislike CloudxTifa...I just don't see that still dispite the fact, they knew eachother since childhood, I don't know I guess I more of a "new friendship, one thing lead up to another, and now it's a true love." deal, which is why if Aerith weren't dead, I would enjoy CloudxAerith. CloudxBarret is just plain wrong, I don't understand why Square made Barret a possible dating choice given his past which is revealed right before you make it to the Golden Saucer.

Ballistix Man
04-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Too appeal to the confused so called 'bi-sexuals' who were playing the game.

Darth Cid
04-06-2006, 06:33 PM
Zidane: Hmm, well, I never thought of it from that point-of-view, but I still don't care much for CloudxBarret. Barret nor Cloud seem like that kind of person IMHO.

Ballistix Man
04-06-2006, 06:45 PM
No they dont and that is my main argument against any of the yaoi pairings aside from CloudxMukki rape. You dont just wake up one day and say"hey Im gay". I also dont like how Cloyd was made to be head and shoulders ahead of the rest of Avalanche in strenght.

Darth Cid
04-06-2006, 07:14 PM
Zidane: Yeah, I can't stand Yoai or fan Hentai, it's all disgusting IMHO. And I've noticed people hinting at CloudxVincent CloudxSephiroth. That makes no sense to me at all. AVALAUNCHE, I have a pet peeve with that, I wish it was more Avalaunche vs. Shinra than the beginning allowed, a faction war in a game creates good drama IMHO.

gyaku_zuki
04-06-2006, 07:23 PM
...I did not find FFVII's believable, Tifa and Aerith were hitting on Cloud, and he gives the "I don't care about anything." additude throughout most of the game. A more believable love story would have been Cloud acknowledging their flirts and even giving a few of his own, and the girls may take offense to it.

Did you pay attention when u played the game? This does happen on occasions, and there are occasions of jealousy between tifa and aeris.

The villain, Sephiroth, I like Sephiroth he's an awesome villain, villian look, powerful weapon, his motives; however, are very flawed, to put it simple, he's a momma's boy, he's casting Meteor and destroying the Planet over a 2,000 year old woman who was thought to be a Centre, and wasn't a Centre, and she probably doesn't even know he considers her his mother, afterall she isn't, Jenova cells were put in Sephiroth when he was an unborn fetis.

First, its cetra, C-E-T-R-A.
You miss the point, he is SUPPOSED to be flawed. Hes crazy, C-R-A-Z-Y. He thinks blowing chunks out of the planet will turn him into a god. Oh, and jenova doesn't strike me as conscious enough at any point to "think" about sephiroth.

The last confrontation between Cloud and Sephiroth is unbelieve as well, c'mon, I expected a clash of Limit Breaks, instead I see Cloud Omnislash Seph, Seph doesn't have a chance, what the hell? It should have been better in my opinion.

Well, lets see, we just fought the final jenova manifestation, a version of sephiroth that can have many bits to it depending on your party, level, etc, and finally a flying sephiroth that can summon a comet to slam into you. after beating through all that, you want MORE to fight? If u had that, then ud want more, and more and so on.

I like FFIX, I cld list its flaws, but I don't, cos its petty and pointless.

Darth Cid
04-06-2006, 07:32 PM
Zidane: Finally, a debate.

...I did not find FFVII's believable, Tifa and Aerith were hitting on Cloud, and he gives the "I don't care about anything." additude throughout most of the game. A more believable love story would have been Cloud acknowledging their flirts and even giving a few of his own, and the girls may take offense to it.

Did you pay attention when u played the game? This does happen on occasions, and there are occasions of jealousy between tifa and aeris.

Zidane: Yes, I did pay attention, Tifa and Aerith were fighting over Cloud, I didn't see Cloud didn't acknowledge it at all. And it was mainly girls hitting on the guy, that's a bizzario world my friend, here on Earth, guys hit on girls and get slapped for it.

First, its cetra, C-E-T-R-A.
You miss the point, he is SUPPOSED to be flawed. Hes crazy, C-R-A-Z-Y. He thinks blowing chunks out of the planet will turn him into a god. Oh, and jenova doesn't strike me as conscious enough at any point to "think" about sephiroth.

Zidane: So I mispelled Cetra, sue me, and you're only encouraging my point. Why should Seph care about a woman who's not conscious enough to know you're there. He's not crazy, he's a momma's boy, fighting for a 2,000 year old witch who's not even his mother, and further not conscious to care about him.

Well, lets see, we just fought the final jenova manifestation, a version of sephiroth that can have many bits to it depending on your party, level, etc, and finally a flying sephiroth that can summon a comet to slam into you. after beating through all that, you want MORE to fight? If u had that, then ud want more, and more and so on.

Zidane: Yes, The battle starts with Cloud fully healed and stripped of materia, him vs. Seph in a fair fight would own at the end of the game. It was a real drag, so I played through it, and didn't let Cloud Omnislash, Sephiroth, and Cloud won anyway, I find that lame.

I like FFIX, I cld list its flaws, but I don't, cos its petty and pointless.

Zidane: You're welcome to do so, I enjoy discuss likes and dislikes about games, especially FFIX, because I have a few dislikes myself.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
04-06-2006, 08:40 PM
anway back on topic. overall i liked ff7, though i don't consider it to be my favourite.

good points? the magic system, very clever, how it is incorporated into the story as well

bad points? i dunno, i suppose cloud is not the most awesome protagonist in the world.

what we all need to reaslise is that we're all entitled to how we feel, so bitchiness get u nowhere!? :D we also need to realise that the perfect game has yet to be made, and there will always be good points and bad points

as for the final battle? it could have been more entertaining, with a crossing of attacks. but it still should have been a win-win situation, after all the battles just fought. or maybe (as the battle is within cloud's mind *cloud's mind is so blank btw*) even if cloud loses, it could lead to a different fmv. tho i suppose cloud's death would screw the whole advent children thing up royally tho eh!? :D

Shiny
04-06-2006, 09:32 PM
This is going nowhere, just the like FFVIII hating thread. *reports* *also predicts bitching*

~Setzer Gabianni
Quoted...this is the truth.

Dreddz
04-06-2006, 09:39 PM
OMG, quit with the Reporting Setzer :eep:
I think people should just keep opinions to themselves, if they dont they just want to cause a ruckus. Seeing as the ruckus has already been started, my opinion is that FFVII is gaming bliss. Yes, there are faults that even I agree on, but there are so little of them and so many of the good that FFVII really does deserve to rank among the greatest games ever made.
I'd pick FFVII over many peoples lives here......

Darth Cid
04-06-2006, 10:15 PM
I think people should just keep opinions to themselves, if they dont they just want to cause a ruckus. Seeing as the ruckus has already been started, my opinion is that FFVII is gaming bliss. Yes, there are faults that even I agree on, but they are so little of them and so few of the good that FFVII really does deserve to rank among the greatest games ever made.

Zidane: You have my respect, I agree that FFVII is a great game as most Final Fantasies as mention at the beginning of the thread, but the faults bring out of the best in a great game, which is why we have threads such as these, I really can't of anything else to discuss that I disliked about FFVII so I'll leave anyone else to post what they don't like about FFVII.

gyaku_zuki
04-06-2006, 10:16 PM
Zidane: Ladies & Gentlemen, this is not meant as a flame of any sort but, I've decided to post dislike about FFVII.

this reply is not an insult, a flame, me trying to start an argument or anything else, just a question.

What IS the point of this thread? Is it just to get ppl annoyed so u can attack them when they reply to you? Why just POST your own dislike about FFVII, unless ur wanting to start something.

EDIT: U posted as I was typing, so kinda answered in ur previous reply, but still, some clear up would be nice. whats with the topic title?

Ballistix Man
04-06-2006, 10:19 PM
The point is he waned an intelligent discussion regarding things people didnt like about the game.

Darth Cid
04-06-2006, 10:21 PM

this reply is not an insult, a flame, me trying to start an argument or anything else, just a question.

What IS the point of this thread? Is it just to get ppl annoyed so u can attack them when they reply to you? Why just POST your own dislike about FFVII, unless ur wanting to start something.

EDIT: U posted as I was typing, so kinda answered in ur previous reply, but still, some clear up would be nice. whats with the topic title?

Zidane: This thread was produced to give no offense to FFVII forum regulars, merely to ask what you disliked about the game and give your reasoning behind, I don't like one-liner dislike posts. I probably should have named it "Express any dislike properly" with this thread, I would discuss things people didn't like about the game and going into instead of a one-liner is a good way to elimanate misunderstandings.

The point is he waned an intelligent discussion regarding things people didnt like about the game.

Zidane: That's precisely the point of this thread.

Leeza
04-07-2006, 06:44 AM
Anyone else posting just to complain about the topic of the thread...don't.

Setzer Gabianni
04-07-2006, 07:06 AM
I think people should just keep opinions to themselves, if they dont they just want to cause a ruckus. Seeing as the ruckus has already been started, my opinion is that FFVII is gaming bliss. Yes, there are faults that even I agree on, but there are so little of them and so many of the good that FFVII really does deserve to rank among the greatest games ever made.

How about no? I'll report what I think is necessary to report thank you. :mog:

FFVII does have its flaws - I wish there could have been a few more sidequests. Sure, a game isn't built on them, but a lot of FF games have quite a few. I think the Golden Saucer was the only real "sidequesty" things..well, mini games, that could you have fun messing about with.

~Setzer Gabianni

Shiny
04-07-2006, 09:49 PM
FFVII does have its flaws - I wish there could have been a few more sidequests. Sure, a game isn't built on them, but a lot of FF games have quite a few. I think the Golden Saucer was the only real "sidequesty" things..well, mini games, that could you have fun messing about with.

~Setzer Gabianni
I agree, but I also hate how the majority of rpg's have to have forced random battles. I wish I could choose when and how frequent I want my small battles. There aren't alot of things wrong with 7 as opposed to some other FF's besides that and some other things I stated in a previous thread very similar to this.

Dreddz
04-07-2006, 09:58 PM
[!]

How about no? I'll report what I think is necessary to report thank you. :mog:
And why does this thread deserve to be reported ?
I guess free speech isnt allowed where you live.[/!]*snip*

Post on topic. ~ Leeza

Setzer Gabianni
04-08-2006, 12:17 PM

~Setzer Gabianni
I agree, but I also hate how the majority of rpg's have to have forced random battles. I wish I could choose when and how frequent I want my small battles. There aren't alot of things wrong with 7 as opposed to some other FF's besides that and some other things I stated in a previous thread very similar to this.

I think FFXII is kinda leaning that way..there isn't any random battles as such, everything is still turn based but, you see the monsters before you go into battle, and I think you can avoid them if you wish to.

~Setzer Gabianni

McLovin'
04-08-2006, 12:20 PM
FF7 is overrated. I just like Sephiroth. (obviously)

The Devourer Of Worlds
04-08-2006, 01:24 PM
FFVI is overrated. Everyone just likes Kefka ;)

Setzer Gabianni
04-08-2006, 01:27 PM
FFVI is overrated. Everyone just likes Kefka ;)

..am I one of the few that hates him =[ ?

~Setzer Gabianni

The Devourer Of Worlds
04-08-2006, 01:38 PM
Yep

DK
04-08-2006, 01:52 PM
FFVI itself wasn't all that great, I agree. Kefka was nothing special either.

Elpizo
04-08-2006, 04:22 PM
Hating, disliking, liking a game, what does it matter?
Tehre always will be endless discussions, because it all depends on personal opinion.

I dislike FF VII, other people like it. So?
Want why I dislike it?
If that makes you happy, sure:

1. I just can't stand the gfx. That's MY opinion. Nothing you can debat about. I just don't like em. Square should have tried harder.
2. The game doesn't have that... Ehm, how should I say it... That urge which makes you want to continue playing. Again, MY opinion.
3. This game, it just isn't Final Fantasy for me anymore. In MY opinion, something you guys can't change, this game is just this: "We'll take a highly advanced technology world, throw some magic and summons in it, and we're done."

Sure, in the end, with Jenova, Sephiroth and stuff, it gets more fantasy. In the END. I don't want fantasy in the end. I want it now, at the moment I'm playing.

4. Sephiroth. In the game itself, I have nothing against Sephiroth. He's cool and evil. That's nice. That's how a villain should be. I just hate it that he now is some kind of "Villain Hero". When villains don't look like Sephiroth, VII fanboy and girls often have the urge to say: This game has no Sephiroth! It's bad!

Note that this doesn't count for every fanboy or girl. It is completely fine with me if you like Sephiroth, I like him too, but I can't understand that soem people always compare villains to him, and when they aren't like him, they say it's a bad game/villain.

5. Final Fantasy VII itself was fine with me, but all these sequels and prequels, well, I agree on that, it's just too much. Look at X-2. I can't say it was a very big succes either.

So, these are my reasons why I dislike the game.
That's my opinion. Will you guys now go shouting at me, flame at me? Go right ahead, then I think you're just horrible idiots. It is my opinion, and I have the right to have this opinion. Just like all those who like the game have the right to like it.

Now, did I defend my reason as to why I dislike it, enough?

---
And about the VI dislikers and Kefka dislikers, I thought this was about VII. But if you dislike Kefka or VI, fine with me. :)

Zeromus_X
04-08-2006, 04:23 PM
It is good to bare-in-mind I do not hate FFVII, I find it an enjoyable game though I believe it is overrated in popularity and Square needs to stop using it as a business cow by creating sequels like Dirge of Cerebus and Advent Children, and prequels like Before Crisis, it was been my belief that all FFs should stay one story games, and leave sequels and prequels to fan fiction authors to show their sense of creativity. I would like to point out my dislikes about this game however.

Yeah, it should run dry by now, hopefully.

While FFVII has a love story in it, compared to my favorite love story, FFIX's, I did not find FFVII's believable, Tifa and Aerith were hitting on Cloud, and he gives the "I don't care about anything." additude throughout most of the game. A more believable love story would have been Cloud acknowledging their flirts and even giving a few of his own, and the girls may take offense to it.

Well, it is a game. And it's a Final Fantasy game, there aren't really any realistic romances. But who can say what's realistic? Meh. :cat: Yeah, Cloud's pretty antisocial that way.

Well, she's his 'mother' in the sense that he is injected with JENOVA cells. I wonder if he thinks that way or really thinks its his mom...well, he does that little laugh too much for me to tell. :cry:

It's a story battle.

As for what I thought could've been improved, going more into detail on JENOVA's plan to take over the planet (like, why she wanted to) Although that's kinda explained in Advent Children. JENOVA being the final boss would've made it more epic, y'know, we're fighting the big evil thing that's going to destroy the world, etc. Like maybe Sephiroth could've been revealed to be a puppet (although alot of people think that already), and you fight JENOVA for the final battle. Meh. :cat:

Darth Cid
04-08-2006, 04:31 PM
Well, it is a game. And it's a Final Fantasy game, there aren't really any realistic romances. But who can say what's realistic? Meh. Yeah, Cloud's pretty antisocial that way.

Zidane: I disagree, I can find one realistic romance. :D