PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts II Special Ending Segment Discussion

Phil
04-06-2006, 11:06 PM
Well, I found this. Maybe from KH:3? I have no clue. Either way it is directly part of KH. What is it though? Does anybody know?
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=632830088&n=2&Mytoken=131DC433-103A-6819-F1F611FB1319114737471997
Something about a keyblade war?!
Three keyblades are in the center- I've narrowed it down to Mickey's, Sora's, and Riku's.

SeeDRankLou
04-06-2006, 11:10 PM
That's the secret movie for KHII, just like Another Side, Another Story from KH.

KH-Cloudy
04-07-2006, 12:01 AM
You know...the letter that king mickey gives to sora at the end of kh2...could be a letter saying"sora, riku come quick! there are lots of keyblades and 3 guys!

zorander
04-07-2006, 12:25 AM
Could be a spin off KH game, like a beat em' up similar to smash bros, or, could be a movie like FF Spirits within.
Or, it could just be a hoax, something someone made up independant of square...

Rye
04-07-2006, 01:05 AM
Someone told me you get a secret trailer if you beat every world KH2 on expert mode. That's probably it. It looks interesting. :)

Rice Cake
04-07-2006, 01:29 AM
You can also get it if you beat every world on normal and complete Jiminy's journal 100%

Ouch!
04-07-2006, 03:25 AM
Yeah, you get it on proud mode for beating every world. I'm curious as to what it's going to be.

Nomura also elaborated slightly on his ideas for future developments in the Kindgom Hearts series. The director and character designer stated that fans shouldn't expect a brand new Kingdom Hearts III, or another offshoot title like Chain of Memories. Nomura also dismissed the idea of an animated feature, and said that he wanted to move away from the timeline presented in the first three Kingdom hearts games.
That makes me wonder what the hell it's going to be even more. I can see where it diverges from the original timeline (something I really kind of expected after I saw the ending for the first time). If it's not going to be a new game (spin-off or otherwise) or an animated feature (so the movie is out, as well as that television show rumor), then what's left? A manga? They already did that, so I doubt it. They've got me interested, and I'm sure that's exactly what those sneaky businessmen want.

Rice Cake
04-07-2006, 04:09 AM
They might just suprise us all and make another game

Ouch!
04-07-2006, 04:25 AM
I expect that Nomura is telling us the truth when he says not to expect a KHIII or a spin-off game.

Rice Cake
04-07-2006, 04:39 AM
Maybe he's saying that to confuse the media. I doubt that he would stop, and other types of entertainment based on games most likely suck. AC was like one of the only successful movie based on a video game, but that doesn't mean he'll take the same approach.

Ouch!
04-07-2006, 05:28 AM
He's not saying he's going to stop. I'm sure a Kingdom Hearts III is inevitable, but he's saying the next Kingdom Hearts related product won't be a game or animated feature.

Rice Cake
04-07-2006, 05:46 AM
What a board game? Kingdom Hearts monopoly? Yeah, that'll work. And I highly doubt it would be related to books as well.

NeoCracker
04-07-2006, 08:09 AM
Last I heard there was going to be a third Kingdom Hearts, only it would be like FF and not be connected directly with the others

Rice Cake
04-07-2006, 09:49 AM
Its still going to have the same story, but it won't be linked to the same characters.

Craig
04-07-2006, 12:02 PM
Kingdom Hearts 0, anyone?

Necronopticous
04-08-2006, 02:00 AM
I just finished Jiminy's Journal and saw the ending for myself. I love it, it's so weird. To me it looks like a prequel set eons before the events of Kingdom Hearts I and II.

Skyblade
04-08-2006, 05:51 AM
What about it indicates that it's a prequel?

Ouch!
04-08-2006, 05:58 AM
Nothing, but I got that exact same feeling.

Skyblade
04-08-2006, 05:59 AM
"Memories of Xehanort". Wouldn't that indicate that it was after the events of KH and KHII?

Ouch!
04-08-2006, 06:02 AM
How can memories of Xehanort be *after* KH and KH2 if Xehanort dies at the end of the game? Memories usually imply something that happened in the past.

Skyblade
04-08-2006, 06:06 AM
How can memories of Xehanort be *after* KH and KH2 if Xehanort dies at the end of the game? Memories usually imply something that happened in the past.

It has to be after. You can't remember the future. A memory of Xehanort would have to be in the future, because no one could remember Xehanort if he didn't exist yet...

Craig
04-08-2006, 02:25 PM
I just finished Jiminy's Journal and saw the ending for myself. I love it, it's so weird. To me it looks like a prequel set eons before the events of Kingdom Hearts I and II.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Tavrobel
04-09-2006, 04:00 AM
Of course you can easily assume that the three keyblades are Sora's, Riku's and Mickey's. Whether or not they have been wielded by them is another story. It is either a spinoff or a sequel.

There are three possible explanations for when this takes place. Before, after, and during the story of KH/KHII. My money is on a prequel that will turn itself into the reason why Sora and Riku have to help Mickey. You know, since you always have to introduce a new enemy, especially since KHII pretty much wrapped up the plotlines well enough to make the person assume that there are not any more enemies worth fighting, were it not for Mickey's letter. Or maybe, it isn't a lead-in to a new adventure, maybe it is just him checking up on Sora and Riku.

The movie itself has a main person (male, probably), with a huge Keyblade, and two characters who walk up to him. Probably both female, based on their armor shape, and the way they were walking. They walk up to 3 rusted Keyblades. What does this mean? Sora, Mickey, and Riku are all dead, and they left their Keyblades in the middle of some desert that can't be gotten to except by some uber-powerful force? Not to mention the OTHER keyblades in the same area, and the fact that whatever the Main armored suit person used to get to where he is, disappears and cloaks like a Nobody. So it could be after KH, assuming Nobodies and Heartless still exist.

In Ansem's Secret reports, it says that there are two legends, one saying keyblade wielders brough peace, and another that says chaos and ruin. These "legends" were never said whether or not that they were historical records, actual prophecy, or events from the same war. The wielder could have brought peace to certain people, after he was forced to bring ruin and chaos to the enemy. The land is sorched, as though after a war... or a beginning of one. War of Keyblades. So it could be past.

Memories of Xehanort could be while Xehanort existed, or AFTER he was defeated, but not before he existed, because he would not be around to remember anything. So it could be present, because this could've occured on a different world that wasn't in KHII, but will be in KHIII, and Mickey found out, and fears this could threaten his people.

In the ending script, Riku and Sora talk about the Light and Dark, that the world of light is safe. It could be that this is the Dark World as its residents see it, and it is in trouble.

The entire movie is either a historical record, or an allusion to the new enemy of KHIII. As Ansem has suggested, there are 3 parts of a person. Heart, Soul, Body.
Heart == Heartless, leaves behind the:
Body/Soul == current understanding of "Nobody"
But the body and could split into two MORE beings, not that Nobodies technically HAVE beings. But they do exist, because there is at least one of them.
So it could be that Body/Souls are split again
Body alone: Nobody (??)
Soul alone: Unknown (??)

It could be that Organization XIII are not actually Nobodies at all, since they share only the existential traits (weaponry) that link them to Nobodies, but none of the confusion in the search to make themselves whole. They seem rather dead-straight as to what they are going to do, and HOW they are going to do it. They can also feign emotion, which is a tool of the Heart. The Heart makes a person a person, but the soul is the essence of being and doing, and body is the prison in which one interacts. OXIII also commands some Heartless, which is something only Heartless Leaders can do.

This probably means KHIII will get the final boss to be the Xehanort Soul, since we have done away with his Heartless and Nobody.

This rambling is mostly based on my own understanding of the movie, and is mostly wrong, and me just trying to put together whatever conspiracy theory I have put together for this new movie.

*crawls in a defensive position, awaitting the slew of people who will tell me that I am wrong*

KH-Cloudy
04-09-2006, 04:13 AM
You may be right Tav.I also agree with your HUGE thinking process :)

Tavrobel
04-09-2006, 04:16 AM
You may be right Tav.I also agree with your HUGE thinking process :)

No one ever said I had to be concise, or organized, or any other adverb/adjective in the same area, lol

mooglebunni608
04-09-2006, 04:19 AM
actually that sounds pretty good tavrobel...
:D maybe something with time-travel? fun fun fun

Ouch!
04-09-2006, 06:20 AM

It has to be after. You can't remember the future. A memory of Xehanort would have to be in the future, because no one could remember Xehanort if he didn't exist yet...
We're interpreting this differently, I think. You're understanding it as other peoples' memories of Xehanort. I took it as Xehanort's memories. That doesn't necessarily mean that Xehanort has to be alive. You can talk about a dead person's memories. Though, I'll admit that doesn't make much sense.

Also, I'm going to go ahead and bet that this new video has nothing to do with any of the heroes that we've seen this far. Way back when SE said they wanted Kingdom Hearts to be one of their three main pillars (FF and DQ were the others), which implies that even if the next thing they do isn't a game, there will be others later. There's no way we can truly expect the series to stick with Sora, Riku, Kairi, etc. forever. With the way that KH2 ended, I'm willing to bet it could be the last time we see them for a while.

Necronopticous
04-09-2006, 10:09 AM
You know what, I just watched it again and just the Mickey keychain that's on the Kingdom Key makes me pretty sure that this is in the future or in an alternate dimension rather than way in the past like I originally thought.

McLovin'
04-09-2006, 01:46 PM
So do we have ANY idea who the person in the sand is?

Rye
04-09-2006, 02:00 PM
You know what, I just watched it again and just the Mickey keychain that's on the Kingdom Key makes me pretty sure that this is in the future or in an alternate dimension rather than way in the past like I originally thought.

That's what I felt. It looks like a barren future type place. It said Keyblade Graveyard, that part really is interesting to me. :)

Tavrobel
04-09-2006, 04:56 PM
So do we have ANY idea who the person in the sand is?

All we know, is that we can assume he/she/they can use the Keyblades. This means he is actually Sora, Roxas, King Mickey, Riku, their ancestor, their alternate dimensional form, or their descendants. (Probably Sora/Kairi or Roxas/Naminé). The weapon the main character was holding was also a Keyblade of some sort (I couldn't see the chain, however).

Ouch!
04-09-2006, 04:56 PM
The alternate dimension bit makes sense. Pete was banished to an alternate dimension, right?

Skyblade
04-09-2006, 05:06 PM
We're interpreting this differently, I think. You're understanding it as other peoples' memories of Xehanort. I took it as Xehanort's memories. That doesn't necessarily mean that Xehanort has to be alive. You can talk about a dead person's memories. Though, I'll admit that doesn't make much sense.

Also, I'm going to go ahead and bet that this new video has nothing to do with any of the heroes that we've seen this far. Way back when SE said they wanted Kingdom Hearts to be one of their three main pillars (FF and DQ were the others), which implies that even if the next thing they do isn't a game, there will be others later. There's no way we can truly expect the series to stick with Sora, Riku, Kairi, etc. forever. With the way that KH2 ended, I'm willing to bet it could be the last time we see them for a while

If it said "Xehanort's Memories", I would interprete it that way. But it says "Memories of Xehanort". A memory of him, not one of his memories.

I'm not so sure that they're done with Sora, Riku, and Kairi just yet.

Of course you can easily assume that the three keyblades are Sora's, Riku's and Mickey's. Whether or not they have been wielded by them is another story. It is either a spinoff or a sequel.

There are three possible explanations for when this takes place. Before, after, and during the story of KH/KHII. My money is on a prequel that will turn itself into the reason why Sora and Riku have to help Mickey. You know, since you always have to introduce a new enemy, especially since KHII pretty much wrapped up the plotlines well enough to make the person assume that there are not any more enemies worth fighting, were it not for Mickey's letter. Or maybe, it isn't a lead-in to a new adventure, maybe it is just him checking up on Sora and Riku.

The movie itself has a main person (male, probably), with a huge Keyblade, and two characters who walk up to him. Probably both female, based on their armor shape, and the way they were walking. They walk up to 3 rusted Keyblades. What does this mean? Sora, Mickey, and Riku are all dead, and they left their Keyblades in the middle of some desert that can't be gotten to except by some uber-powerful force? Not to mention the OTHER keyblades in the same area, and the fact that whatever the Main armored suit person used to get to where he is, disappears and cloaks like a Nobody. So it could be after KH, assuming Nobodies and Heartless still exist.

In Ansem's Secret reports, it says that there are two legends, one saying keyblade wielders brough peace, and another that says chaos and ruin. These "legends" were never said whether or not that they were historical records, actual prophecy, or events from the same war. The wielder could have brought peace to certain people, after he was forced to bring ruin and chaos to the enemy. The land is sorched, as though after a war... or a beginning of one. War of Keyblades. So it could be past.

Memories of Xehanort could be while Xehanort existed, or AFTER he was defeated, but not before he existed, because he would not be around to remember anything. So it could be present, because this could've occured on a different world that wasn't in KHII, but will be in KHIII, and Mickey found out, and fears this could threaten his people.

In the ending script, Riku and Sora talk about the Light and Dark, that the world of light is safe. It could be that this is the Dark World as its residents see it, and it is in trouble.

The entire movie is either a historical record, or an allusion to the new enemy of KHIII. As Ansem has suggested, there are 3 parts of a person. Heart, Soul, Body.
Heart == Heartless, leaves behind the:
But the body and could split into two MORE beings, not that Nobodies technically HAVE beings. But they do exist, because there is at least one of them.

It could be that Organization XIII are not actually Nobodies at all, since they share only the existential traits (weaponry) that link them to Nobodies, but none of the confusion in the search to make themselves whole. They seem rather dead-straight as to what they are going to do, and HOW they are going to do it. They can also feign emotion, which is a tool of the Heart. The Heart makes a person a person, but the soul is the essence of being and doing, and body is the prison in which one interacts. OXIII also commands some Heartless, which is something only Heartless Leaders can do.

This probably means KHIII will get the final boss to be the Xehanort Soul, since we have done away with his Heartless and Nobody.

This rambling is mostly based on my own understanding of the movie, and is mostly wrong, and me just trying to put together whatever conspiracy theory I have put together for this new movie.

*crawls in a defensive position, awaitting the slew of people who will tell me that I am wrong*

According to the Secret Ansem reports, a Nobody is not the body alone, it is the body and soul together. When the soul is removed from the body, you don't get a Nobody, you get death. Of course, by "soul" they seem to mean "life force", since "heart" seems to have the standard definition of soul (a person's essence, that which makes them who they are).

Also, does anyone else notice that the "Keyblade Graveyard" is in fact the crossroads area from Chain of Memories? The place where Sora first encountered the Organization, and where Riku encountered DiZ at the end of his journey. Except, instead of grass, there are just Keyblades...

Tavrobel
04-09-2006, 05:19 PM

According to the Secret Ansem reports, a Nobody is not the body alone, it is the body and soul together. When the soul is removed from the body, you don't get a Nobody, you get death. Of course, by "soul" they seem to mean "life force", since "heart" seems to have the standard definition of soul (a person's essence, that which makes them who they are).

I already mentioned that a Nobody is the body/soul. I was theorizing what the new enemy was, no matter how improbable the theory could be.

It would seem that the names of enemies are all based on what they are consistent of, and simply in the negative.
Heart == Heartless
Body == Nobody

I can't imagine what the soul could be (and I also admitted I could be wrong), but it probably has some connection with Riku's dark Blade, the "Soul Eater", which became the "Way to the Dawn". Whatever this next game will be, it will probably take place in the Dark World, or an alternate dimension.

The alternate dimension bit makes sense. Pete was banished to an alternate dimension, right?

Yes, but he came back, which means there must be a way to get from each dimension. In the Heartless conquests as explained by Mickey and Ansem, the Heartless also invaded alternate dimensions in search of worlds to consume. Apprently the dimension which contains Sora's worlds is not enough.

There is no reason that the Nobodies couldn't also have found a way to get from each one to another.

However, when Mickey banished Pete, this was before (I assume) when he found out about the Gummi barriers, and is still using the term as it means "I got rid of him", not "I sent him to where he can't come back". So, Mickey could have just sent Pete to another world. But the question still stands, is this movie of another dimension, or a historical/prophetical record?

mooglebunni608
04-09-2006, 07:18 PM
umm. so theres sora, mickey and riku's keyblades... what about Kiari's?

Tavrobel
04-09-2006, 07:36 PM
It's either not a Keyblade (probable, despite what it looks like), or she borrows it from Riku (which is what happens). Notice while Ansem-Riku fights against the Heartless in WtNW cutscenes, he doesn't fight physically. Infact, he does very little while Kairi tries to fend off the Heartless, probably because he knows they can't be hurt by Heartless while he wields the Darkness.

DMKA
04-09-2006, 09:37 PM
That video was just wrong. I'm going to be wondering what the hell it means for atleast the next week.

Also, I don't know why people are already saying "ZOMG KHIII!". That secret ending didn't say or even imply that there will be a third KH game.

mooglebunni608
04-09-2006, 09:51 PM
maybe it was just made to torture us and nothing else will be done with the KH series... and we'll all die hoping that they would at least tell us whytf they made that.

Tavrobel
04-09-2006, 11:08 PM
There definitely will be more work on the KH series, as it says on the Frontsite. It doesn't necessarily mean that any work will be done in the near future.

The secret video in KHI didn't imply that there was going to be a KHII. The video just left you confused and "wtf!?" However, since there was a sequel, one can only conclude that there will be work done on the series, based on this clip. Prequel, sequel, or spin-off.

There are alot of things that the video can mean. After all, in KHI, it does mention that there was a legend about the Keyblade wielder: one brought chaos, one brought peace. Infact, if this were a prophecy, it is true. If it was a historical record, this movie may help to explain a game that would highlight the events of KH-0. If this is an alternate dimension, then we will just have to play the new game when it is done.

Both Riku and Sora used a Keyblade at one point, and they did cause an uproar in the worlds they visited. They also fought each other, which caused Goofy and Donald to challenge their loyalties, however misguided by lies of the darkness as they were, and caused Kairi quite a bit of suffering. Riku even worked with the Heartless to capture the 7 princesses. And whenever Sora appeared, something always went wrong. Even Mickey disappeared quite suddenly, and had Disney Castle wondering where he went, leaving his world with a queen that was shocked at his disappearance, and forcing his two main generals to leave the world's defense to their suboordinates (even though Disney Castle was never attacked).

But Riku, Sora, and Mickey also brought peace. They sealed away Kingdom Hearts TWICE, and defeated the known enemy of the worlds, Xehanort Heartless (Ansem DarkSeeker), and Xehanort Nobody (Xemnas). At one point, they caused the worlds to reset, and returned them to a peaceful, yet oblivious state.

KH-Cloudy
04-09-2006, 11:11 PM
I think it's gonna be a prequel...simply because that guy with the gun/nobody (forgot name)said that some something...keybladers were ebtter than sora..

DMKA
04-09-2006, 11:13 PM
The secret video in KHI didn't imply that there was going to be a KHII. The video just left you confused and "wtf!?" However, since there was a sequel, one can only conclude that there will be work done on the series, based on this clip. Prequel, sequel, or spin-off.
Yes, it did in the sense that it used older versions of the same characters. It was pretty clear that it was signaling a sequel.

Tavrobel
04-09-2006, 11:18 PM
I think it's gonna be a prequel...simply because that guy with the gun/nobody (forgot name)said that some something...keybladers were ebtter than sora..

Xigbar. I think he might have been referring to Roxas, as being better with the Keyblade than Sora, but it is open for interpretation. Roxas also lost against Sora in a duel also, which makes Sora better than Roxas. Yeah he may have been a Nobdy, but Xemnas and Ansem Darkseeker were definitely more powerful than Xehanort.

It probably will be a prequel, but there's nothing to disprove an alternate dimension, or a game in the future. Doesn't explain the rust on the Keyblades, though, unless it will be explained in the game.

vampirepiggyhunter7
04-09-2006, 11:20 PM
My cousin (already shaping up to be false, eh?) told me that KHIII is already in semi-production, that there will be one...

But I'd rather stick with the EoFF report.

Hambone
04-10-2006, 12:26 AM
How come Riku doesn't have a Nobody?

Tavrobel
04-10-2006, 12:52 AM
He never became a Heartless. He was only possessed by one. Riku is whole and fully existent during the entirety of the games, merely only corrupted.

Seto Fett
04-10-2006, 01:37 AM
I still thought the three blades were rather interesting, as Kingdom Hearts III would be the next title, and three blades could hint it. Plus, we have to remember that note in the bottle, as I'm sure Nomura or any of Square won't leave us hanging with that. Yeah, it may be a few years before we see the next adventure of Sora, as Nomura doesn't want to get into any other KH stuff for awhile, but I definitely believe we'll see them again eventually, hopefully in this Keybade War thing.

DMKA
04-10-2006, 04:37 AM
But did they not already state that any further KH titles won't be about Sora, Riku, and Kairi?

I really hope they don't decide to pull some unnecessary storyline out of their ass for the sole purpose of continuing a already nicely concluded story that shouldn't be touched any further (a la FFX-2). I don't mind any further KH games...I just don't want them to be about Sora and company. They found each other, they restored the worlds, they got home...their story is over.

Ouch!
04-10-2006, 05:16 AM
I really hope they don't decide to pull some unnecessary storyline out of their ass for the sole purpose of continuing a already nicely concluded story that shouldn't be touched any further (a la FFX-2). I don't mind any further KH games...I just don't want them to be about Sora and company. They found each other, they restored the worlds, they got home...their story is over.
I wholeheartedly agree.

Tavrobel
04-10-2006, 07:21 PM

I hope so too.

The story probably won't involve Sora and company, but it will relate to them. I forsee minor roles at best.

GhandiOwnsYou
04-11-2006, 12:15 PM
then again, we could be looking at the old RPG/epic/midievil standby. Rusty Keyblades don't nessecarily mean that everyones dead. *clears throat*

Advent Children: Rusty Buster Sword in a Hillside

FFX: Rusty Sword in a Statue (the one you turn into Aurons Final weapon)

Conan the Barbarian: Sword in a dead Guy

King Arthur: Sword in a Stone, AND Sword in a Lake

eight million other examples from all kinds of sources, but i don't feel like wasting typing energy... Anywho, typically a rusty sword (to me anyway) states only that the wars over, and whichever hero that had used it, felt it had served it's purpose and was best put to rest. May be dead, may not. but seeing as how Squenix's latest reference was from a very much alive Cloud Strife in AC, it would not be mindblowing to find sora and crew older but very... not dead, merely living peaceably in the world they stabilized.

ehsteve
04-12-2006, 04:18 AM
Whatever Nomura has up his sleeves, I sort of hope that it isn't a game. I'd personally welcome a written novel, but I very much doubt that it will happen that way.

Mercen-X
04-12-2006, 09:30 PM
Nomura also elaborated slightly on his ideas for future developments in the Kindgom Hearts series. The director and character designer stated that fans shouldn't expect a brand new Kingdom Hearts III, or another offshoot title like Chain of Memories. Nomura also dismissed the idea of an animated feature, and said that he wanted to move away from the timeline presented in the first three Kingdom hearts games.
Well, whatever it is, if it's Kingdom Hearts related, then has to have something to do with KH3.

For anyone who still believes we won't be seeing KH3 . . . that the whole scheme is complete . . . here's a list of things that need explanation and elaboration:
1: For every Heartless there is a Nobody. Those with the darkest hearts and strongest wills are able to keep their human form. So, if "Ansem" was Xehanort's Heartless, then what about all of the other Nobodies? We never seen their Heartless. It would be awesome to see 11 unique enemies that didn't wear those dumbass robes just so that the designers didn't have to be creative. I especially want to see Axel's Heartless.
2: There were very few Nobodies in KH2. The list didn't even come close to the Heartless list of KH. You only got to fight that Thorn-Nobody once and it was the equivalent of Darkside. Obviously, we should have to face it again.
3: Clarification of the relevance of Sora's Anti-Form would be nice.
4: If a being loses its heart, it becomes a Nobody. If a being loses its body, it becomes a Heartless. If a being loses its mind . . .? If a being loses its soul . . .?

DMKA
04-12-2006, 09:55 PM
I don't see how that's even mildly relevant to whether the special ending is signalling a KHIII or not.

Tavrobel
04-12-2006, 10:39 PM
1: For every Heartless there is a Nobody. Those with the darkest hearts and strongest wills are able to keep their human form. So, if "Ansem" was Xehanort's Heartless, then what about all of the other Nobodies? We never seen their Heartless. It would be awesome to see 11 unique enemies that didn't wear those dumbass robes just so that the designers didn't have to be creative. I especially want to see Axel's Heartless.
2: There were very few Nobodies in KH2. The list didn't even come close to the Heartless list of KH. You only got to fight that Thorn-Nobody once and it was the equivalent of Darkside. Obviously, we should have to face it again.
4: If a being loses its heart, it becomes a Nobody. If a being loses its body, it becomes a Heartless. If a being loses its mind . . .? If a being loses its soul . . .?

They don't need a special Heartless, no matter how cool it would be (and it would be SUPREMELY cool). Sora didn't get a special Heartless either, he was just a regular Shadow, the fact that he used the Keyblade means very little.

They don't need alot of species of Nobodies. As the nature of Nobody was explained, the Nobodies are different from Heartless, because they can plan an attack, and have the ability to attack in coordinated groups, rather than attack like pack wolves to acquire the meat of a common enemy. This statement from Yen Sid alone means there would only be a few categories of Nobody, as Organization XIII controls the Nobodies, they would set them under the suboordinace of a OXIII member.

Xemnas -- Sorcerers
Xigbar -- Snipers
Xaldin -- Dragoons
Axel -- Assassins
Demyx -- Dancers
Roxas -- Samurai
Luxord -- Gamblers
Saix -- Berserkers

Vexen, Laxaeus, Zexion, Marluxia, and Larxene were killed before their Nobody ranks were revealed or encountered. A theory could be that once a OXIII member dies, their members become absorbed in another's ranks. This does not occur in KHII, because OXIII were killed in such rapid sucession, that time would be required for the take over/assimilation.

Dusks and Creepers are considered generic, and cannon fodder, just as the Shadows are considered the most populous of all the Heartless. However, the main difference is that Shadows are the only true Heartless. Darksides, other non-emblemed Heartless, and Ansem DarkSeeker are open for interpretation, although, I would say, that those too are true Heartless also (e.g., Darkballs and Dual-Bladers).

Darksides are not unique. You fight three of them throughout the game (which means it would be especially powerful), and at the end of KHI, you see millions of Darksides attempt to take over Kingdom Hearts. They are not unique, just especially powerful, based on the original's power of heart. Just because they have a strong Nobody, does not mean they will have a strong Heartless.
Heart != Body/Soul

It's to recall the gloriousness of Sora as a Heartless, because we can use all three of his forms: human, Nobody, and in KHI, Heartless. This is the developer's way to let you control how Sora would act as a Heartless. His Anti-Form doesn't use the Keyblade, and in KHI, the Keyblade abandoned Riku because he used the Darkness. Just as Riku uses Soul Eater while using the Darkness, Sora too is wielding the Darkness in his Anti-Form.

There are only 3 parts of a person: Heart, Soul, Body. While we consider the mind the strongest part of the body, (our brain, therefore, one of the more important, if not THE MOST important)does not mean that the philosophy of KH is that the Mind is a distinct element. KH recalls the old philosphy of ancient cultures, that if you lost one of the things that made you a human, you would no longer be human.

By definition, a Nobody is what is left over, when a Heart abandons/is taken from a person. The renegade Heart, then goes in search of power, and to cause suffering to other people, thus means the Heartless. What is left over, is the Body and the Soul, which constitutes a Nobody. Nobodies attack humans out the of the confusion and desire to contact with others and be real. The onyl way to separate a Soul from a Body, would have to be explained in KHIII, and highly unlikely, considering the way they are presented in KHII.

Mercen-X
04-14-2006, 12:37 AM
It could be that Mickey knows a story about Xehanort from Ansem the Wise. It could be that the quote is relative to Xeh's past. Look at God of War. The game begins with Kratos hurling himself off a cliff. Then you play through his past. Obviously, your first assumption is that he's going to die, he's doing himself in. Yet, your playing through his memories anyway.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-14-2006, 01:32 AM
kh 3?, there gonna ruin it, they already had the perfect ending, the bottle thing was ok, but no kh3, a prequel is bad too, it wont have sora as the main chracter so it wont be the same

Tavrobel
04-14-2006, 01:41 AM
Mercen-X does kind of have a point. It is possible that Mickey knows alot of Xehanort from Ansem the Wise, and Mickey telling the story to Sora could be a representation of the ending segement. Perhaps some internal struggle with his Darkness, and him winding up as losing? Far fetched, but at this point, anything is possible. This ending far, far more vague than the other ending in KHI. All it's got is a Keyblade War and a mention about Xehanort's memories. In KHI, at least it still looked like something that could be a KH sequel, not to mention the older looking characters.

It wouldn't be the same, but it would still be in the KH universe. If SquareEnix were to make a game good enough, then it would be worth playing. Different maybe, but worth a chance.

ehsteve
04-14-2006, 05:47 AM
OK, time for my theory.

In the Ansem reports from the first game, Xehanort says that there are two legends of the keyblade. One of them says the keyblade master saved the world, and the other says that the keyblade master led the world into chaos. I think that the knights and the keyblades must have something to do with these legends.

Tavrobel
04-14-2006, 01:11 PM
I already established that...

Skyblade
04-14-2006, 02:31 PM
Well, whatever it is, if it's Kingdom Hearts related, then has to have something to do with KH3.

For anyone who still believes we won't be seeing KH3 . . . that the whole scheme is complete . . . here's a list of things that need explanation and elaboration:

1. Wrong. There isn't a Nobody for every Heartless. There is only a Nobody for those Heartless formed from beings of strong will. When someone with a weak will becomes a Heartless, no Nobody is formed. While the 11 unique Heartless would be sweet, we know that doesn't happen. Only two people ever kept their sense of identity when they became a Heartless, and those two were Sora and Xehanort. All others just became mindless Heartless of one form or another.
2. Your point?
3. Go into Yen-Sid's tower, go to the room where the fairies gave you the new clothes. Read the five messages spaced around the room. Each one relates to one of the forms.
4. There is no indication of the Mind being a seperate force, like the Heart. And according to the Secret Ansem Reports, when a being loses its soul, it dies (soul seems to be more "life-force" than the standard definition of soul).

Lynx
04-15-2006, 07:00 PM
i didnt read everyones posts since there were quite a few my bad. but i thought it was pretty obvious that they were at the cross roads in CoM but instead of grass it was keyblades. also i thought that the 3 characters who grab the key blades were sora riku and kairi. kairi wielded a key blade in khII so that must mean she has something to do with keyblades even if she was only borrowing it. everyone else who held soras keyblade it would just reappear back in sora's hand. so if she could hold a key blade then she must be a keyblade warrior or whatever you want to call them. if sora is a warrior of the light riku is the darkness maybe kairi is the twilight. also just because nomura said not to expect a brand new kingdom hearts III doesnt mean there wont be one. when he said that he could havce meant by not a brand new story and characters. maybe smae characters similar story. it all depends at how you look at it by what he said.

Dolentrean
04-17-2006, 05:36 AM
I know this is late, I just watched it at the end of KH 2 and I noticed one thing not mentioned, while the keyblades seen were way to dawn (Rikus) Kingdom Key (Soras) and and unknown keyblade, along with the hundreds of other things that were seemingly keyblades, there were words at the end including "Chasers" "Lost two" "Keyblade master" and "Keyblade war"

The one thing that I noticed though was, it said "It all began with - Birth by Sleep" as a shadow of a person in the distance walked closer, I think it will be showing the origion of the keyblades, and a prequil set in the distant past.

GhandiOwnsYou
04-17-2006, 03:39 PM
This is nice n tasty. Get the Vid from KhInsider, under the videos section. it'll come up in Media Player so you can maximize the screen.

Now... Just after they pull the three keyblades out of the ground, when it shows the two quick flashes of numerous other keyblades, pause the vid. Look real careful at the keyblades. Some of them look quite similar to weapons you have earned in the past, or symbols of other FF characters.

You can clearly see Fenrir in both shots, tape and all. to the far right on the first, and in the background, slight left, in the second. I also picked out, in the second shot, what looked like the metal chocobo, a blade that looked frighteningly similar to the Fire Cross (the cross on Seifers trench coat in FFXIII, and his Limit Break) the hilt being the top of the cross and the two arms, the blade being the long point end, which could have crazy implications considering Seifer was in KHII, and another that had a hilt simlar to Aurons Marusame in FF-X.

So what's the deal here.... Keyblades for everyone that's ever fought a heartless? some random heartless freakout forced the mystical powers that be to give everyone a keyblade? I'm hunting for one that looks like a gunblade, or one with a lion pendant. that'd pretty much clinch my idea, in my head anyways.

As a last note, pause it when the stranger is walk towards them, during the back shot of the three soldiers. the third keyblade is Mickeys, you can see the keychain dangling clearly in the person on the right side's hand, and Sora's Kingdom Key was picked up by the middle soldier.

Skyblade
04-18-2006, 10:17 PM
English Version Translations for the Japanese lines in the video.
"The Keyblade is said to hold phenomenal power."
"One legend says that its wielder saved the world."
"Another says he wrought chaos and ruin upon it."
"I must know what this Keyblade is."
"A key opens doors."
"It all began with-birth by sleep."
It might not be exact, but it is basically correct.

Dolentrean
04-19-2006, 12:20 AM
that is correct, I have played and got the english version.

Skyblade
04-19-2006, 01:02 AM
that is correct, I have played and got the english version.

So have I. That's where I got it. I'm just not positive that it's word for word.

mooglebunni608
04-19-2006, 01:23 AM
waity wait wait!!
What if KH3 is a MMORPG?!! Like FFXI?

Cause all the keyblades....
and you never saw anyones face, which means that maybe the armor is what everyone will start out with...
Or maybe not.

Skyblade
04-19-2006, 04:43 AM
Ok, it should be correct now. A couple words were off, but it's all better...

GhandiOwnsYou
04-19-2006, 10:18 AM
Just a thought, but perhaps KHII was the second part of the myth. seeing as how everytime a heartless was killed with the keyblade, it released a heart for the nobodies to use, to build a new kingdom hearts. basically creating the organization XIII threat

Cruise Control
04-21-2006, 12:40 AM
Could birth by sleep be Roxas, or Ansem, or something deeper...

Mercen-X
04-22-2006, 10:48 PM
You can clearly see Fenrir in both shots, tape and all. to the far right on the first, and in the background, slight left, in the second. I also picked out, in the second shot, what looked like the metal chocobo, a blade that looked frighteningly similar to the Fire Cross (the cross on Seifers trench coat in FFXIII, and his Limit Break) the hilt being the top of the cross and the two arms, the blade being the long point end, which could have crazy implications considering Seifer was in KHII, and another that had a hilt simlar to Aurons Marusame in FF-X.

So what's the deal here.... Keyblades for everyone that's ever fought a heartless? some random heartless freakout forced the mystical powers that be to give everyone a keyblade?
Concerning deep-play events in KH2. You do realize that you get a keychain from Auron after completing the Hades Tournament, do you not?
Then there's the Struggle battle in Twilight Town. Winning by normal means is in effect meaningless. I've never actually depleted Hayner's final health-bar within the time alotted, but I'd imagine that if you could Seifer, it may earn you the Fire Cross or whatever they'd choose to call it.

GhandiOwnsYou
04-22-2006, 10:59 PM
nope. no keyblade for defeating seifer, in any manner. I've beaten him with 200 balls, with his health depleted, with his health depleted AND 200 balls. nada. Also, the reason it deserves note is because the keyblade that was simlar to aurons murasame, looked nothing like the Guardian keyblade he gives you after defeating the Hades Cup. Fenrir is extremely similar to Cloud's sword anyway, so it could either be Sora's Fenrir, or Clouds new and upgraded buster sword. and then, the Fire Cross looking one, as i said, kinda blows the idea that they are all keyblades you've earned to hell, seeing as how you can never earn it in either KH II.

Added on to that one... Considering you only earn , less than 40 i suppose, Keyblades during the entire series... those other eight trillion had to come from somewhere.

Mercen-X
04-22-2006, 11:57 PM
I just watched a little of the segment via KI.com. I didn't see any familiar keyblades (course the thing kept freezing up), but I didn't see a knight wielding a huge ol'K-blader. There was some server error or something so I didn't see much more than that. Oh well, I'm not that far off from earning it anyway.

GhandiOwnsYou
04-23-2006, 04:19 AM
it bounces up way too fast, you gotta pause it. and Fenrir is still the only one thats totally, unmistakably clear. the rest are more or less educated guess's and such.

Mercen-X
04-24-2006, 12:19 AM
Well, I have yet to defeat Sephiroth, which is apparently how you earn the Fenrir, so I don't what it looks like. Maybe if I fought him in BEGINNER mode? I don't like having to move and think alot. I prefer to just wail away and not worry too much about my Hp or available skills.

Also, my above post has a mistake in it. I DID see a knight, not didn't. Though I'm certain that was understood.

Tavrobel
04-24-2006, 12:50 AM
I wonder if anyone's noticed this, but the warriors look remarkably like Xemnas' armor while in the Captain's Seat, and on the Throne.

Skyblade
04-24-2006, 01:50 PM
I wonder if anyone's noticed this, but the warriors look remarkably like Xemnas' armor while in the Captain's Seat, and on the Throne.

And the thing behind the first knight, which disintigrates as he walks forward, looks like the Nobody vehicles driven by Marluxia and Xemnas...

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
07-01-2006, 11:03 PM
To the person who said it would be an online game like FFXI, don't even say that! That would be my worst nightmare. Well, Xehanort definitely ties into the third one (which we can call KHIII, but it won't be called that), so maybe that's him. Longshot.

Nomura did say he would take a break from the KH series b/c the team is doing FFVersusXIII. Then after that, he'd do something with the KH series, but take it in a new direction. That's accoring to wikipedia. The ending movie was really weird, but it was about what I was suspecting with the "series going in a new direction" thing.

Oh, and what you guys talking about "old versions of characters"? The secret movie doesn't start until it says so, in the first KH, and that's after Sora, Donald, and Goofy are done with their scene at the end.

Personally, I hope that it's new heroes, as much as I liked Sora and the gang. Hopefully they will be connected somehow. New heroes doing the same stuff as the first two--except they explore Hayao Miyazaki worlds instead of Walt Disney worlds. That would be really cool.

disapointedchild
07-05-2006, 03:02 AM
I believe the fmv is set in the past, it talks of a great keyblade war. All the warriors come together at the middle of the crossroads, well three characters. The last one is shown off in the distance walking toward the three, almost as there enemy, not there friend. The three seem to pick up the keyblades that have been sitting there for a while, except for the very first one you see who slays some creature.

I say The three come from the paths of light, twilight, and dusk, these are the three of the 4 ways of the heart. And the last comes from the way of darkness. See in the beginning there were 4, two went the way of light, and two went the way of dark, but one noticed the error of his way and came back the way of dusk, much like Riku. So you have one come back in light, like sora, one come back in twilight, like the king, and one come back the way of dusk, like riku. And the last come back the way of darkness, like xenohart. They have a big fight as in the keyblade wars. Xenohart loses and loses his memories.

Doesnt it say in the ansem reports that xenohart has no memory of his past, he just showed up in hallow bastion. So what did his past consist of???????

atlanteay
07-05-2006, 03:54 AM
that's what i think too. I read all the Ansem Reports and one clearly say taht xehanort lost all his memories and ended up in Hallow Bastion so this could be a prequal of how Xehanort lost his memories and such.

Dynast-Kid
07-05-2006, 06:56 AM
Ok I just watched the video and the only keyblades(besides the main three) I could recognize were the Fenrir,Follow the Wind and Metal Chocobo.Also,is it just me but in the part where they show the Metal Chocobo,(pause and look carefully)is it just me or is that the handle of Saix's giant hammer...

Also,did anyone else notice that in the scene where the three figures picked up the keyblades that one of the female(?)figures had a keyblade in each hand?

Don Majuritsu
07-09-2006, 11:22 AM
Actually the ending leads off to the sequal Kingdom hearts 3. The guy in the middle if Riku,Guy next to him is sora and then kairi. Kingdom Hearts III I think will be for the playstation 3. They should to. Also Kingdom eharts II is gunna have faces that didn't show up in the second one.. Like Tidus,Walka. Spehtiroth will be a ally.

disapointedchild
07-09-2006, 06:35 PM
Actually the ending leads off to the sequal Kingdom hearts 3. The guy in the middle if Riku,Guy next to him is sora and then kairi. Kingdom Hearts III I think will be for the playstation 3. They should to. Also Kingdom eharts II is gunna have faces that didn't show up in the second one.. Like Tidus,Walka. Spehtiroth will be a ally.

No i am pretty sure that it has already been officially stated that the three armored people are not sora riku kairi or the anyone that has already been introduced, now as for the shadowy figure walking towards the three????

ZeZipster
07-09-2006, 07:01 PM
KH was on a timeline? All the different worlds are in different timelines, so that doesn't make much sense.

I hope it's a 3D fighter like Smash Bro's.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
07-10-2006, 02:36 AM
Like Smash Bros? Well, if you mean something like Super Smash Bros, except with a bunch of FF characters and other Square Enix characters, that would definitely be cool. The arena would be the main focus of the game, except it would be expanded and not so linear. Like, you can play as Cloud and fight Sora or Squall or both.

Unfortunately, keyblade war sounds more like an online game. Ok, tonight everyone say a bunch of Hail Mary's so that that doesn't happen, and the trailer represents either one of my ideas and not an online game.

TidusMaster
07-23-2006, 09:44 PM
:D OHHHH!!!! maybe its going to be all like " your soras ansestor" and you look ALOT like sora, but your actually.......Aros........:D

but ya, and your party members would be Ukir and King Mouse!:D

yes, and then there would be a big war!!!

YAY!:D :D :D :D :mog: :D

That would explain the three key blades

how do you know this

Don't post multiple times in a row, use the edit/delete button instead.

~Void