PDA

View Full Version : Iritation Crash

Clouded Sky
04-07-2006, 01:32 AM
Today I started up my laptop. Before I was able to anything really, the computer really froze. Nothing I could, so I manually shut it down and started it up. That's when it would start windows, flash a blue screen, and restart. My friend went in to monkey with some start up settings, and ended up deleting the OS. Oh joy. So I had to pull out my system restore disc and reload windows. Which means, goodbye data. Not so bad, I've only had it for two months. What makes me really sad, is the I had 48 or so hours of playtime on Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. :(

Now, I know there was a "Windows Sucks" thread earlier, but the topic here is:

Have you ever lost files or data due to a system crash? Or a reformat? Or something simmilar. How did that make you feel? What'd you lose?

Psychotic
04-07-2006, 01:36 AM
I lost my signature and avatar, but luckily someone picked them up for me.

Luther X-Rated
04-07-2006, 02:40 AM
I lost my project verification shstuff!

Avarice-ness
04-07-2006, 05:47 AM
1. I got blue screened the -very- first time I restarted my -BRAND NEW- thousand dollar computer. =/ Needless to say, I'm not paying that money for this computer to freak on me. I would have murdered Bill Gates. T T
2. I learned to never instal Norton Again... It's killed my computer. I'm on Dial up and Norton and the internet do not play friendly, when I start up IE or which ever browser I'm using, it takes forever to load the first page, and now it's seeming as it has to 'warm up' to the internet world. =[

Awesomeman
04-07-2006, 05:58 AM
I lost a bunch of pictures, but who needs those?

Yuffie514
04-07-2006, 07:28 AM
i saved a 7-page history report on this damn floppy-disk once. i use it between home and school pc. everything worked out all right and then i can't access it due to a formatting problem. i had formatted, but it won't open up in the school pc. i hate floppy disks. now i stick to USB drive!

Shauna
04-07-2006, 12:28 PM
I lost everything that was on my PC the other week there. My PC just... died. :(

Levian
04-07-2006, 12:33 PM
Woah, I thought Psy made a thread there for a second.

Druggelz
04-07-2006, 01:11 PM
I am studying to becom a teacher and we have to prepare a lot of lessons on computer.
S one time I had to make lessons for a week. I made everything very nice, good lessons and everything.......I saved and shut down my laptop......the next day my laptop died.....goodbye 30 lessen worth of a week's work.......

I thought I was going to die right there, I had to give those 30 lessons the next day to my teacher who was going to read it.....
I cried that night, I really did, you guys probably don't know, but I NEVER cry, crying is for the weak........

I explained it all to my teacher....she didn't believe it

I gave my laptop to my uncle, who writes computerprogrammes as a job.........One week later, my laptop revived. I have no idea how that was possible, everything was still there........But damn really. If my laptop was really dead I definetely could've done my year all over.

Shauna
04-07-2006, 01:45 PM
Woah, I thought Psy made a thread there for a second.

Yeah, me too!

CS! Stop confusing me! :( :mad2: :( :mad2:

Clouded Sky
04-07-2006, 11:01 PM
Teehee.

Uhh, I lost my sig too once. So I took Psy's.

Rye
04-07-2006, 11:17 PM
I thought this thread was about a skin irritation that Crash had. ;____;

Psychotic
04-07-2006, 11:25 PM
Teehee.

Uhh, I lost my sig too once. So I took Psy's.
Will you copy every change I make? Can I bring back the rhino?

McLovin'
04-07-2006, 11:28 PM
Holy Crap! I thought you were Psychotic!

Psychotic
04-07-2006, 11:46 PM
Now don't you kids say I never do anything for you.

Rye
04-07-2006, 11:46 PM
clouded rhino!

Clouded Sky
04-08-2006, 12:14 AM
What a loser that clouded sky is, eh?

xD

Psychotic
04-08-2006, 12:25 AM
I could not agree with you more!

Okay I could.

theundeadhero
04-08-2006, 03:02 AM
I thought this thread was about crash being mad at Meat Puppet cause Crash's sister is hot :(