PDA

View Full Version : Help with the Wind guy at Beats castle

nik0tine
04-07-2006, 04:08 AM
Yeah, so this is the most ridiculously one sided battle I've ever faced in any game, ever. I've been fighting him for hours straight, and I have not come any closer to beating him. I try to use jump, but that isn't reliable. Is there any way to learn jump without getting hit?

I need any and all strategies that you have. Sora is at level 38, and I am on Proud mode.

Hambone
04-07-2006, 04:36 AM
Yeah. That is a hard battle. Xaldin is my favorite member of Organization XIII. Anyway, you MUST use jump. It is the key to winning the battle. Avoid taking too much damage also.

nik0tine
04-07-2006, 04:41 AM
Sometimes jump doesn't work. When I use it, Xaldin just teleports out of the way.

What is the best way to avoid taking damage from his ridiculously over powered attacks?

Hambone
04-07-2006, 04:47 AM
It's really hard. Your better off just packing a couple of Hi potions. But, if you really want to avoid them, just jump like crazy and slip and slide across the arena, and then wait for Xaldin to calm down. That is your chance to strike. If your h.p. get's less than half, heal.

Rice Cake
04-07-2006, 04:48 AM
Wow, I was on a lower level, and I never used jump. Thats why I died once throughout the game. My strategy is to try and hit him with your weapon. That might work.

Skyblade
04-07-2006, 07:44 AM
Anti-form. Usually it sucks, but against Xaldin, the speed boost it gives you can actually be a benefit.

NeoCracker
04-07-2006, 08:12 AM
Whenever I anti-formed I died faster. When Xaldid is about to do the spin attack jump up above the spears and you should have a chance to get Jump. Stock at least four jumps on you, and get as close as you can to him. As soon as he starts an attack use the first jump. If it hits unload them all and follow up with a combo. I suggest equiping all skills that power up air Combos. Took me Eight tries at least to beat this guy. Hardest fight I've had, and I'm almost done with the game.

Awesomeman
04-07-2006, 08:20 AM
Yeah, but anti form is random, isn't it? So, you'd have to try a bunch of times to beat him. Try what corncracker did, and if you fail, hope mickey comes to save you.

DMKA
04-07-2006, 10:33 AM
That was by far one of the most/the only difficult battles in the game for me. I died atleast five times, mainly because of antiform.

Cruise Control
04-07-2006, 12:11 PM
You could use Wisdom form to replenish HP, use magic, amd when he throws the spears flat, quick-run in for a combo, and quick-run out.

Tavrobel
04-07-2006, 03:38 PM
Six spears. Ouch. But I only died once on Proud Mode, being level 35. Pack yourself with Ethers, and rely on Cure to heal you. Donald and Goofy are usually out of comission, so this is basically a 1v1.

At certain points of the battle, he will use Aero, which means he will knock you back if you attempt to attack him, but the duration is short. Pounding him with the keyblade RIGHT after an attack will get him down about half a bar. This phase is between 2-3 minutes long.

Jump is useful, and if you can hit the Triangle fast enough, you can learn it up to 9 times, so save it for when you need it (unless you can't). He will teleport out of the way, so if you use them in rapid succession, you will catch up and hit for massive damage (well, at least compared to the Keyblade). You will get hit no matter what you do, so learn it only enough to get out fo the way, if you can't connect using it.

When he begins to ride on the Spears (they glow blue and fly around the map), he will also prepare an unavoidable attack that hits you multiple times, but lucky for you, if you run towards where he will shoot, and then just as he launches it, run the opposite direction, and you can avoid half of the damage. If your HP is below 1/6, without Once More, you're dead. After he does that, he will attack you normally, but make sure you get a hit in, because he will begin to use his cannon again. This part is about 5 minutes in total.

Anti-Form is only good to avoid the attacks he causes, but if you attempt to fight him, he will wreck you. Make sure to have Auto-Valor or Auto-Wisdom, the heal/revert combination could save you if you do it fast enough. Also heals the corresponding ally.

Rye
04-07-2006, 07:41 PM
Haha, I was in the same situation. I died a million times and I was on an even lower level. Okay, what I did was kinda cheap, but it's good and I got lucky. I would fight to the best of my ability, and when Mickey comes, fight Xaldin like hell until Mickey dies, because Sora gets revived anyway. Then fight again with Sora until Mickey comes. For some reason, Mickey came FIVE TIMES for me, so this worked out really well. Try fighting with Mickey. :)

Kirobaito
04-07-2006, 08:10 PM
Haha, I was in the same situation. I died a million times and I was on an even lower level. Okay, what I did was kinda cheap, but it's good and I got lucky. I would fight to the best of my ability, and when Mickey comes, fight Xaldin like hell until Mickey dies, because Sora gets revived anyway. Then fight again with Sora until Mickey comes. For some reason, Mickey came FIVE TIMES for me, so this worked out really well. Try fighting with Mickey. :)
Mickey was worthless. :{

Xaldin is the only hard boss in the game (I'm up to right before the final boss). Just use the Learn ability like no other, and run a lot. Right after he gets back from shooting you with the big snake, take a Drive and use it.

Rye
04-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Mickey wasn't a good fighter, he was more a buffer. He'd take away a few bars. You still do Learn and Jump and stuff, but it was tricky for me since I'd get hurt in the process of getting it, and he'd always trap me in a corner, so using Mickey really helped me. I took out at least 3/4s of Xaldin's health with Mickey. :)

But then again, I was very much underleveled per usual. I'm still underleveled. Just hit level 40 and I'm in The World That Never Was.

Seto Fett
04-10-2006, 01:25 AM
I never used Jump. Found it annoying and it just got in my way with the other commands I used. I equipped all the Aerial techs I had, such as Spiral, Finish, and another I can't remember, plus Aerial Recovery and just jumped around, hitting him with aerial combos whenever possible. If you have High Jump and Dash, equip them, as they are extremely useful to have here. Makes dodging his fast attacks so much more easier.

Lynx
04-12-2006, 04:53 AM
you can use learn a bunhc of times then jump on him a bunch of times in a row without haveing to use learn again use that to your advantage.