PDA

View Full Version : Final Dungeons (possible spoilers)

Snap Jumper
04-07-2006, 04:30 AM
Obviously, the final dungeons are supposed to be hard. But which one is the most difficult of the ones you have made it to?

1: Temple of Chaos
2: Jade Passage / Pandaemonium
3: Sylx Tower / Dark World
4: Lunar Subterrain
5: N-Zone
6: Kefka's Tower
7: Northern Crater
8: Ultimaecia's Realm
9: Memoria
10: Sin / Tower of Death??
10-2: Farplane
12: ?????

I have made it to those dungeons in 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, and 9. I had the most trouble in 9, but it may have been because my characters were at lower levels. Many of the battles had instant death attacks. I haven't finished it yet.

Darth Cid
04-07-2006, 04:53 AM
Zidane: I'd say Ulitmecia's Castle, because you can get to her whenever you want. But the thing if you want to stand a chance you have to fight boss fights to get back your tacticial options one at a time.

Awesomeman
04-07-2006, 08:41 AM
I say Memora. You had to fight all those bosses (forgot names) and then go through the Crystal World and fight Deathgeis (sp?) and then Kuja, and then the unpredictable necron.

Elpizo
04-07-2006, 10:25 AM
From all the Final Dungeons I played (FF I, II, IV, VI) I think I have to choose between Kefka's Tower or Pandaemonium.

Kefka's Tower had some hard random battles, and the three statues weren't all that easily.

But Pandaemonium was even harder, because you first had to go through Jade, then through that ten floor castle and hell, I was out of ethers and stuff in no time. And all those bosses (Astaroth, Tiamat and stuff...)

So yeah, Pandaemonium.

Captain Maxx Power
04-07-2006, 11:03 AM
Temple of Chaos is a bugger in the original/origins version, but like most things in DoS it's a bit of a joke. Pandemonium will rip your eyeballs out unless you're highly trained (like me, who refuses to go in without 999 MP, 7000+ HP and 16 in relevant weapon/spell skills). Dark World again depends on how much you've trained, but it ain't too bad. Lunar Dungeon can be hard also especially if you try to take out all the sub-bosses as well. N-Zone is more fun than hard, unless you count Omega Weapon and Shinryu. Kefka's Tower can be easy if you have the right kind of parties. The Northern Crater I can complete with my eyes closed. Same with Ultimecia's place. Memoria I remember actually being alright, not too hard or easy, but I had trained extensively prior. FF10's last dungeon is an utter joke (though really the only decent dungeon in that game is the Omega Ruins). Never played FF10-2, so I can't comment, and no one knows what FF12's is like yet.

From this I guess I'll choose Pandemonium.

DMKA
04-07-2006, 11:54 AM
Temple of Chaos. Yikes.

Avathar
04-07-2006, 02:19 PM
Of the ones i've played so far, these i consider the hardest:

1. Temple of Chaos 0_O
2. Ultimecia's Realm
3. Pandaemonium
4. Dark World
5. Northern Crater
6. Sin
7. Kefka's Tower
8. Memoria

Tavrobel
04-07-2006, 03:42 PM
The first three games have the hardest dungeons, because unlike the newer ones, you can't save inside of them, and you often have to go through many levels, and you are probably low on items. Not being prepared makes the battles ten times harder, but you don't really die a whole lot in them. It's just insane high damage, but you have the ever useful insane high cure.

FFIV has mini-bosses, but after you get the ultimate weapons, Zeromus is marginally easier. Save points are in some inconvenient areas. V is just wierd, but then certain bosses rip you apart. VI is just the underleveled-ness of certain parties.

FFVII is a joke. You could even place the save point in the WORST possible area, and still get out unscratched. I haven't played VIII, yet.
FFIX is difficult and wierd, because the battles are both annoying and tiring, considering you have to compensate for the way the paths curve and twist and contort.

X is easy (healing save points == nice way to level), and X-2 is... well, I have to make up a new word for it. In essence, stop playing video games for the rest of your life if you actually take damage during a normal encounter.

Twilight Edge
04-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Personally,I only played 7 to 9,and I had most trouble with Ultimecia.I'm still halfway thorugh 7(just got past the snow fields with Alexander),9 was OK(NOT).Ultimecia's battle consist of multiple battles,aka herself,the Griever,Ultimecia-junctioned griever,upper half Ultimecia-junctioned griever,sinking into oblivion then fighting Ultimecia and her reflection,man,I was exhausted after defeating her.As for 9,at least you get to save after you defeat Deathguise so you only need to fight two battles,Kuja and Necron,both were hard though(not Kuja).Count the amount of battles in 8 and including no healing between battles.At least you fight Necron with full HP and MP.

theundeadhero
04-07-2006, 06:03 PM
The non DOS version of FFII is the only final dungeon to ever give me much trouble, and I've beaten them all at least twice.

Pandemonium

Evastio
04-07-2006, 06:50 PM
FF1. Simply because of all the Green and White Dragons. Those things skin my party alive. Also you need to re-battle all of the fiends only to get 1 Exp and Gil!!!

Dell
04-09-2006, 12:11 PM
I played VII, IX, X, X-2, Tactics

VII - I can't agree with Tavrobel, FFVII Northern crater is the hardest I found. Placing a save point doesn't save you from any boss in there, you can't place a save point after you beat Jenova, I considered to be hard, I remember when I'm fighting Safer Sephiroth without KotR, he wiped my party out.
VIII - I never played yet but my friends say that its last place difficulty is medium. Can't really comment much.
IX - Easy, easy, easy and easy. Memoria is the single most easy last place, My party just use four attack to wipe them all out(not the boss). the random encounter is easy but annoying. I usually use Holy, Flare and Shock to win the battle fast. Sometimes, I just use Death magic by Vivi, My Shock is 9999 guaranteed so the monster aren't really hard. The boss is like eating an ice-cream, though I die once when fighting Necron.
X - It will be easy if you have No-Encounter ability, snuck in and fight BFA with the music of OtherWorld, still if you don't have the monster can be dispatched easily. Seymour and Yu Yevon is a snack.
X-2 - I didn't fight a battle, cause I have Charm Bangle:D I did fight once and win. The battle with magus sisters is very frustrating, cause Cindy keep healing. The Vegnagun battle is pathetic, though Shuyin's Terror of Zanarkand (Blitz Ace) is cool.

Dreddz
04-09-2006, 01:42 PM
Pandaemonium was a bitch