PDA

View Full Version : Gah, damn gambler!

Rye
04-07-2006, 10:56 PM
I have played against Luxord like, 20,000 times and I still can't beat him. I always get insanely close, but then I lose. It makes me so mad because I know exactly how to beat him, but he always does something or I mess up on the "Begin Game" and it sets me back. At one point, I would've won if I had hit him once more, but he turned me into a dice and I was so mad because then I lost. Any advice? xD

DMKA
04-07-2006, 11:20 PM
Wow, really? I thought he was terribly easy, and beat him without knowing what I was doing.

Sorry, I know that doesn't help. :p

Mercen-X
04-07-2006, 11:21 PM
I have played against Luxord like, 20,000 times and I still can't beat him. I always get insanely close, but then I lose. It makes me so mad because I know exactly how to beat him, but he always does something or I mess up on the "Begin Game" and it sets me back. At one point, I would've won if I had hit him once more, but he turned me into a dice and I was so mad because then I lost. Any advice?
You're turned into a dice immediately. It wears off as soon as your Drive depletes. Only use Reaction commands when the cards are walking after you. Then nail the Gambler of Fate as many times as you can. The most annoying trick up his sleeve is his desperation maneuver that pits you against a wall of cards. Make sure you have a stock of Hi-Potions in Sora's "personal items" and it's good to shortcut it. Cure magic sucks in this game.
I don't really have any good advice for you since I only lost to him once 'cause I got terribly confused.

Rye
04-07-2006, 11:23 PM
I dunno why I keep on losing. xD I know exactly what to do, but something just always happens. Do you think it has to do that I'm only level 41 right now? xD

Spammerman
04-07-2006, 11:26 PM
when u have the dice on keep bouncing into him(its fun) and do begin game as much as possible. Later on he takes away your friends and does something where he turns into a card with others and u have to get the right one. If u wait a little then u see the back of the cards as they're traveling and u can see him. Use the lock on and chase him down then use the reaction command. ALso he lays down cards so run around using the reactio ncommand on them too.

Ouch!
04-08-2006, 12:34 AM
I think I was level 46 when I beat him, and, like DMKA, I had absolutely no clue what the hell I was doing. I think there's a vast amount of luck involved.

Rye
04-08-2006, 12:45 AM
Okay, I beat him. I just didn't try to get those Begin Game things enough. That's practically the key to the battle. Thanks guys! A CK, please can you close the thread? <3

Skyblade
04-08-2006, 01:00 AM
Yeah, I didn't bother with the games either. I just kept pounding on him till he died.

Kirobaito
04-08-2006, 01:24 AM
Wow, really? I thought he was terribly easy, and beat him without knowing what I was doing.

Sorry, I know that doesn't help. :p
Seriously. I beat him VERY easily on my first try, losing about half of my time bar.

Flip every card that gets near you, but make sure it says "Flip" and not "Begin Game." Attacking him still decreases his time, so do that.

Rye
04-08-2006, 01:54 AM
What level were you on though? I'm only on level 41 right now. xD

NeoCracker
04-09-2006, 12:42 AM
I had no Idea how to beat him at first so I just pummeled him to death like every one else, it worked.

Mercen-X
04-09-2006, 10:27 PM
What level were you on though? I'm only on level 41 right now. xD
I know that I wasn't quite there. I didn't save a file before that so I can't refer back. All I can really do is play through again.

DMKA
04-09-2006, 10:33 PM
Wow, he was really, really hard on proud mode.

Tavrobel
04-09-2006, 11:27 PM
I had no idea what I was doing, and I still beat him into the ground. Proud Mode, of course, where your time bar decreases slightly faster than his. It's very inconsequential, if you pound him with the Keyblade.