PDA

View Full Version : Revolution Screenshots? Finally?

Tidus Andronicus
04-08-2006, 03:41 AM
Well, I was looking around on the Nintendo forums, and I came accross these... the only links I've found thus far is just the pics taken off a blog. I beleive their source is from GameInformer. These pics are from Red Steel, a launch title in the works for the Revolution!

BTW, at this time these are in fact real in-game screenshots from the Revolution game Red Steel.

Anyway, its about darn time we see real screenshots!:D

If I find more info about this, I'll post it.

EDITEDIT: better/more screens now! ^_~/ (edited this post XD)
New stuff here!

http://www.revolutioncentre.com/games/red-steel/RS10.jpg
http://www.revolutioncentre.com/games/red-steel/RS11.jpg
http://www.revolutioncentre.com/games/red-steel/RS6.jpg
http://www.revolutioncentre.com/games/red-steel/RS7.jpg
http://www.revolutioncentre.com/games/red-steel/RS8.jpg
http://www.revolutioncentre.com/games/red-steel/RS9.jpg
Pics from http://www.revolutioncentre.com/red-steel/

Agent Proto
04-08-2006, 03:47 AM
Wow, that's looking very nice, and I like how the controller is basically controlling the movement of the gun. :D

Tidus Andronicus
04-08-2006, 03:49 AM
yah, in the second pic, you can see that when he tilts the controller, it tilts the gun... lol I really wonder if its that realistic.

On the topic of Red Steel... I found a small quote by someone, who said he got it from a Wiki...
Basically its the starter plot to the game:
"The player takes on a role of a nameless American man, who is engaged to a Japanese-American woman named Myu. The story begins when Myu is kidnapped from a posh restaurant where you inteded to meet her father for the first time. You later learn that the father is a Yakuza boss named Sato, who owns an important ceremonial katana. A younger Yakuza lord name Tokal covets the sword, and had mortally wounded Sato in his attempt to get it. When the attempt failed, Tokal had Myu kidnapped, in hopes of trading her for the sword. Sato insteads gives the sword to you, expressing his wish of you using it in order to rescue his daughter."
Sounds interesting... ^_^;

ljkkjlcm9
04-08-2006, 07:40 PM
in the picture with the tilted gun, it says by the guy's picture in the corner
"Notice how the angle of the in game gun reflects the angle which you hold the controller"

SO yeah there is a direct correlation and for this game at least, it appears it would make a difference how the controller is held.... wonder if you can hold it upside down, hahahahaha

THE JACKEL

Dreddz
04-08-2006, 07:47 PM
I think its from a Brit Mag ?
Anyways, Im not blowm away by these screens, its pretty obvious that the Rev will be the least powerful machine out of the big three. Still, I like the Gun/Controller thingy there doing. Good stuff.

Erdrick Holmes
04-08-2006, 08:00 PM
Hopefully we see games that you can use the controller as a... controller.

ljkkjlcm9
04-08-2006, 08:10 PM
I think its from a Brit Mag ?
Anyways, Im not blowm away by these screens, its pretty obvious that the Rev will be the least powerful machine out of the big three. Still, I like the Gun/Controller thingy there doing. Good stuff.

we already knew Nintendo wasn't focusing on graphics, they said they were headed in a different direction that the other companies, and personally, I think they had the better idea. I mean my roomie has a 360 and the only thing that makes it better than an X-box is the graphics, and that's not worth $400 to me, and the Rev will cost like $250 so I think it's by far the best deal of them all.

THE JACKEL

radyk05
04-08-2006, 08:17 PM
*eyaculates*

Morgoth_Bauglir
04-08-2006, 09:39 PM
these images suck

ljkkjlcm9
04-08-2006, 09:40 PM
these images suck
and why do you say that?

THE JACKEL

Morgoth_Bauglir
04-08-2006, 09:47 PM
sorry,they don't suck.They suck big time.
lok at the man.he is like a lego

Dreddz
04-08-2006, 10:08 PM
Lego ?
What they hell are you smoking there pal....

Tidus Andronicus
04-09-2006, 04:36 AM
I managed to find some details about the game Red Steel:

Details:

-Game development started shortly after E3 2005. Ubisoft saw and demoed the controller before E3 2005.
-Ubisoft Paris took their idea directly to Iwata and Miyamoto, and were given the go ahead. After that meeting they were given prototype controllers. The article states that Ubisoft worked "closely" with Nintendo's engineers in Japan on the title
-Game Informer mentions that while conducting the interviews with Ubisoft, they were handed the "latest version" of the controller

-During the beginning of the game, you are encouraged to use your weapons ruthlessly, but as the game progresses you become more proficient and strategic. This gameplay idea led Ubisoft to decide to give the game a martial arts setting. "Enter the Yakuza"
-The first third of the game will be all about being "brutal by necessity"
-You will be less precise and favor more devastating weapons (machine guns)
-As you progress and become more precise, smaller guns will be used
-"The goal...is to use five bullets to kill five enemies"
-"When fighting with this level of skill, the music and sound effects will reflect it, remaining calm and peaceful"
-"When you fight brutally, the sounds around you grow increasingly more intense"

-Freeze shot: by fighting effciently you fill the Freeze Shot gauge...fighting chaotically causes to decreases
-When the gauge is filled you can hit a button to momentarily stop time, and then target specific locations on enemy bodies
-Headshots thus are tempting, but non lethal shots, such as shooting guns out of enemy hand, can be more beneficial
-By defeating high ranking leaders who command others and sparing their lives, you will be rewarded. He will offer you respect and help (guns, help, new weapons, alternate paths, etc)
-Respect plays a MAJOR part in the game
-Flailing your sword isn't a smart idea
-Specific motions with the controller will trigger combos (in the final game)
-Tracing an X in the air, for instance, will unleash a devastating attack
-You can stop these combos at any time by simply pausing your own movement. So if you do something that leaves you open to attack, you won't be screwed
-New moves will be taught to you by two mentors in the game
-One will teach you gun tactics, and another will teach sword tactics
-If you don't show the proper respect to them, they won't help you
-Friendly/respectful interaction is tied to the controller
-You signal "yes/no" answers by nodding the controller up or down or shaking it from side to side
-You show extra respect by bowing to the masters
-Ubisoft is still coming up with other interactions
-"You can act disrespectively as well: there are no cut scenes in the game - all conversations take place in game, as in Half Life 2. However unlike that game, characters wont keep prattling on if you walk away from them. They will react angrily to your imputent behavior"
-Staying in the master's good graces is key: they give you missions that can be tackled in any order
-You track down the gang leaders and try to turn them to your side. If you don't, they will join Tokai's (the main villian) gang
-You have to prove you are worthy to them by battling them and sparing their lives.
-You will need as many of them with you as possible to face Tokai. Without their help, you'll have a rough time when you finally face him
-You turn gang leaders to your side by besting them in battle and stopping a deadly blow miliseconds before it strikes
-Training sessions are offered by the two masters so you can hone your skills

Multiplayer:
-Split screen multiplayer with traditional deathmatches
-Totally original multiplayer modes Ubisoft is not revealing yet. Wait until E3
-They didn't talk about Nintendo Wi Fi (NDAs). Full details haven't been revealed yet
-Revolution works by placing a small sensor bar either above or below any TV
-You can stand at any angle and not lose any accuracy. You can even take your controller to a friend's house and instantly start playing without syncing up the controller
-"Perhaps most impressive is the fact that although splitscreen reduces the amount of onscreen space you are playing in, you don't have to make smaller movements - you can gesture as wildly as you want, and it won't interfere with the other player's onscreen quadrants

Game Informer's hands on:
-The two triggers on the front of the analog unit activate ducking and jumping. The analog stick controls movement, and the revmote controls aiming. No rails.
-Level consisted of shooting ranges that popped out from behind cover
"Aiming with the controller is as simple as using a laser pointer. You point your hand at a target and hit the trigger on the underside of the controller to fire
-"Unlike other FPS games, which tie the camera and aiming together, Red Steel's camera follows your aim with a slight delay. If, for example, you point to the edge of the screen, the camera will turn to re-center on your view after a second. With the sensitivity of the controller, a standard FPS control would move too much, potentially making the player feel ill
-"Thanks to the improved reaction that the controller offers, the team can create gunfight scenerios that would be extraordinarily diffilcult with a standard controller"
-Most console FPS games limit their enemies to horizontal planes to prevent player frustration, but targets on a verticle plane are just as easy to hit with the Revolution controller
-You can aim at a target as quickly as you can move your hand
-In the demo targets popped up on rooftops and in second story windows, as well as behind cover points on the ground, and all were equally easy to hit
-While you can quickly shoot enemies anywhere on screen, Red Steel never feels in a light-gun game - this is a true FPS, one that feels like it has drawn from the best of both the PC and console shooter worlds

-According to lead game designer Oriola, it takes roughly three seconds to turn completely around around in most console shooters, while it takes about one-quarter second in a PC game. In Red Stel, it takes one second

-AI characters will care for themselves. They will go for cover, attack you while you're reloading. They focus on risk management
-"They won't walk around a table to get to you. They will simply jump over the table"
-"The benchmark for their intelligence and aggressiveness, says Oriola, is the PC title F.E.A.R., which has widely been praised for it's AI"
I can not wait for this game. simple as that.

Markus. D
04-09-2006, 04:07 PM

...? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Ballistix Man
04-09-2006, 04:22 PM
Would you by any chance be dislexic

Mo-Nercy
04-09-2006, 04:28 PM
Nintendo has made it quite obvious that the Revolution will NOT have the horsepower that the 360 and the PS3 have under the hood which is entirely consistant with the pronouncements that the next-gen Nintendo console will focus on GAMEPLAY not GRAPHICS. Look at the controller, you'd have to be a 'tard to not be fascinated by it. I mean, the PS3 and 360 controllers both have eight action buttons, two analogs sticks and an effload of other "stuff". Nintendo is keeping it simple and still making a groundbreaking leap in controller design. And even though Sony consoles have always had more games to satisfy more consumers, you'd have to admit that games on Nintendo consoles are more "fun".

If you still can't accept the fact that the bewbies on the Revolution won't look as jubbly than the PS3 or 360, then you can stay conceded Mr. Sony Fanboy.

Tidus Andronicus
04-13-2006, 01:15 PM
Hey, I found better/more screens for anyone interested!

Enjoy!
http://www.revolutioncentre.com/red-steel/

Edit: On second though, I'll just post them all in my first post!

Shoeberto
04-13-2006, 05:42 PM
The screenshots look a lot like concept renders as opposed to ingame shots.

Tidus Andronicus
04-13-2006, 06:51 PM
Nope, those are confirmed in-game screenshots! :cool:

KentaRawr!
04-14-2006, 12:34 AM
Wow! These are pretty cool! I'm probably not going to play that game, but it's still great to see some Nintendo Revolution pictures.

black orb
04-14-2006, 05:18 AM
>>> uh? How are you supposed to play with a controller like that??

Markus. D
04-14-2006, 05:36 AM
Nope, those are confirmed in-game screenshots! :cool:

thats extremely awe.

wow. :D

Shlup
04-14-2006, 05:45 AM
Actually being able to aim the controler like the gun... that's sex right there. I didn't even think of that possibility before.

Tidus Andronicus
04-14-2006, 01:32 PM
Yah, Its gonna be so awesome! X3

And this game isn't on 'rails' or anything either :D its setup just like a good FPS should be. You have full controll where u walk around, via the thumb stick 'nunchuck' attachment thing.

From what I've seen, it wont even be hard to aim the controller, since there will most likely be a small crosshair + indicator of where ur pointing, which will make it easier to use than a lightgun.
Maybe a better device to compare the controller too is a 3D mouse, since your not actually aiming like a lightgun, to my knolledge. Aiming at a tv screen would be hard and annoying. Instead the 3D mouse style would allow you to move your hand (tilting up down side to side or whatever) below eye lvl, giving you a better veiw of the game, without sacrificing accuracy. ^_^
At the same time, the Revolution will know where on the screen the controller is pointing, since they have that sencor bar u place near the screen. lol even so, the movement required to point at the screen is no more than a mouse movement.

Just thought I'd add that... XD

Either way, the Revolution controller is coming more into light, and it seems like an absolutly awesome device! I can't wait to play this game, pointing ma gun and swinging ma sword! >=3
Go Nintendo! :cool:

Old Manus
04-14-2006, 04:37 PM
we already knew Nintendo wasn't focusing on graphics, they said they were headed in a different direction that the other companies

...the next-gen Nintendo console will focus on GAMEPLAY not GRAPHICS.
As if I haven't heard that one 200,000 times before

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-14-2006, 07:04 PM
I'd think it'd have stuck by now.

ljkkjlcm9
04-14-2006, 07:46 PM
I'd think it'd have stuck by now.
yes well apparently some people can't grasp that fact, and it has to be restated, just like everything else in this world

THE JACKEL

Dreddz
04-14-2006, 08:11 PM
Why are the graphics so crappy then ?

Tidus Andronicus
04-14-2006, 10:27 PM
I can't see why any of u think those graphics are "crappy"! =O What are you comparing it to? O_o PS3 target renders? Yah it might not be as good as that... But Nintendo isn't putting all their money into power, HD, and media. They are putting their money into innovation, affordability, and efficiancy.
Also consider that they are running these games on little more hardware, than what was in the original Xbox (if that), and it looks compareable to the 360 on a standard TV! I'd say thats damn amazing!:p
Then again, Nintendo actually took the time to optimize their hardware, and since its somewhat based off of the gamecube's achitecture, they know a lot more about it already, and how to optimize it! This is how Nintendo always works with these things. What do you think Nintendo's hardware experts have been doing since the gamecube came out, huh? most likely they've been tweeking it, either in their own time or on the job... figuring out out to make it more powerful, faster, and more efficiant... Then Nintendo says "build the revolution" and they get higher specs to work with, and they get to base it off the gamecube, the system they know so well! So of course they have made something that does a lot more, with not too much extra hardware specs!

The Revolution's graphics are much better than the gamecube's was... and we are sure to see a lot better screens within the next few weeks.
Just keep in mind that graphics really aren't everything! or do I have to compare the PS3 to the 3DO? XD

If u want an overpriced powerhouse that plays just like the last 2 or 3 generations... fine! Go out and buy a PS3 for $500+ when that comes out. Although u might have to deal with as many crashes and overheating problems as the 360. :rolleyes2
But if you'd rather get something new, thats more affordable to your gamer walet (meaning u can buy more games XD) and U want something with better controlls and gameplay, while still getting a real nice graphics upgrade, and playing games that are FUN! And no load times, crashes/bugs, or overheating, as well as good solid hardware. Get the Revolution. ^_~

KentaRawr!
04-18-2006, 08:47 AM
Why are the graphics so crappy then ?

I don't think they are crappy. :cry: Oh well.

Old Manus
04-18-2006, 09:30 AM
In the end it boils down to whether the games are good enough, and I'm not really looking forward to Mario Golf 4000X, along with its other such games