PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Things You Did Or Thought When You Were A Kid

Ballistix Man
04-08-2006, 06:31 AM
First time I ever got a nosebleed, I thought it was raining Kool-Aid...being the Kool-Aid lover that I was, I ended up drinking a decent amount of the worst tasting Kool-Aid ever.
I thought if i try hard enough... I could do a Haduken like Ryu and Ken... I thought I wasn't doing it right... That my techique was off...

Markus. D
04-08-2006, 06:43 AM
I thought final fantasy was lame.

ps: years later I grew to be able to read :)

Jebus
04-08-2006, 07:11 AM
I thought Final Fantasy was awesome.

Despotus
04-08-2006, 09:14 AM
Stupidest Thought: I had never seen a black person when I was little, so when I saw a black man on Mr. Roger's Neighborhood I honestly thought he had eaten alot of chocolate cake. I guess when you're 3, stuff like that makes sense. :-\

Stupidest Act: I climbed a tree when I had a cast on my broken arm, and I somehow got my cast lodged in the notch of a large branch and was left there hanging, shouting for my mom. When she came out of the house and saw me dangling from the branch only a few feet off the ground, she shook her head in disapproval, scolded me for climbing the tree when I knew it was not allowed so long as I had the cast, and told me to wait there until my father got home, which would be about 15 min. later. :mad:

Ki Ki
04-08-2006, 09:30 AM
I'm scared of bigfoot.
I was back then too so I haven't changed much! =D

a nirvana fan
04-08-2006, 09:49 AM
I thought when you got fired from a job, somebody shot you.

Rye
04-08-2006, 12:52 PM
When I was about 5, my Dad would take my along with fishing on his brother (my Uncle)'s boat for the day in the summer. And his house in right on the bay, so when we'd leave, we'd see a lot of those random tiny islands with the grass on them that the birds like to go on. And they were all green, since they had grass, so I'd always be like "Dad! I found Greenland! I found Greenland!" because I thought that was where Greenland was. xD

Levian
04-08-2006, 12:55 PM
I was really convinced that tall stuff like flagpoles and churches would fall over me if I was close enough. So I always avoided /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif like that.

Avathar
04-08-2006, 02:19 PM
- I tried to fusion with my bro, like Gohan and Trunks. 0_o Wait...i still try to do that, actually:p :( , but my feet hurt everytime we try it....

-Red XIII-
04-08-2006, 02:24 PM
- I tried to fusion with my bro, like Gohan and Trunks. 0_o Wait...i still try to do that, actually:p :( , but my feet hurt everytime we try it....

You're not alone. You are DEFINANTLY not alone.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
04-08-2006, 02:27 PM
i made a book on car registration numbers

Avathar
04-08-2006, 02:33 PM
- I tried to fusion with my bro, like Gohan and Trunks. 0_o Wait...i still try to do that, actually :p :(, but my feet hurt everytime we try it....
You're not alone. You are DEFINANTLY not alone.

:kaoplain: Ah....that makes me satisfied. ^^teehee

- I used to think these were cloud factories:
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en-commons/thumb/a/a7/300px-Nuclear_Power_Plant_Cattenom.jpg
http://www.cti-ind.com/power%20plant.jpg
:( What a nice thought that was.....

Ballistix Man
04-08-2006, 02:36 PM
I thought I could actually meet Goku and Bugs Bunny and other cartoon charchters if I broke open the T.V. and then their spirits would come out.

-Red XIII-
04-08-2006, 02:38 PM
I thought that when it was thunderstorming out, it was cuz Broly and Goku were fighting.

Shaun
04-08-2006, 02:52 PM
When I was five or six and watched The Simpsons for the first time, I thought there might actually be yellow people out there. Makes me laugh thinking about it, and rofl, cloud factories...

Resha
04-08-2006, 03:24 PM
Huh. So many dumb things I can't even remember. I thought my blood was green, and I believed that bougainvilla (sp?) flowers were LILLIPUTS. From Gulliver's Travels!

Ballistix Man
04-08-2006, 03:27 PM
I thought dogs could speak. But it was an indecipherable language. I wanted to be the first person to speak with dogs ever.

-Red XIII-
04-08-2006, 03:29 PM
Huh. So many dumb things I can't even remember. I thought my blood was green, and I believed that bougainvilla (sp?) flowers were LILLIPUTS. From Gulliver's Travels!

This reminds me of how cruel the world is.

Shaun
04-08-2006, 03:29 PM
Yeah, that reminds me. I always used to think cats discreetly communicated when I was a kid. Without us knowing. *shifty eyes*

Dignified Pauper
04-08-2006, 03:38 PM
when i was little, i would read in the bible about how mankind battled the dinosaurs and believed it.

Parker
04-08-2006, 03:45 PM
I thought aftershave would be tasty. It was. The medecine they used to force me to throw up wasn't so great.

i made a book on car registration numbers
I did this too and I thought I was the only one weird enough. ;)

MadHero
04-08-2006, 04:38 PM
I thought sex was meaningful.

Oh wait, that was three months ago.

Endless
04-08-2006, 05:00 PM
My cousins and I, at around 14, rode these <a href="http://shop.d2leisuregroup.co.uk/product34210265catno530265.html">ride-on cars for babies</a> (designed for kids under the age of 3, mind you) down the hill at our grandparents' place in the mountain. Of course, I had to go the fastest, and therefore I'm the one that fell. Good times.

Evastio
04-08-2006, 05:12 PM
When I was 3 I used to have a dog. I saw it crawling down the stairs headfirst. I copied the dog and I fell down the stairs.

Ballistix Man
04-08-2006, 05:15 PM
I thought the X-men were real and Hollywood was a state. I also thought Suoerman was real.

Pike
04-08-2006, 08:05 PM
I thought that cutting the tag off of a mattress was a serious crime that would get you sent straight to jail. I blame "Pee-Wee's Big Adventure" for instilling this belief in me.

Vincent, Thunder God
04-08-2006, 08:11 PM
When I was really young, the teacher sent me for a time-out near the blackboard, I can't remember why. So, with nothing else to do, I started chewing on some chalk. And not just one stick- there were at least 4 that I was chewing on!!! So basically my mouth was frothing with white chalky liquid, and I have no idea what I did next, but I think everyone found out. I can't even remember what my teacher did or what my classmates thought...

Zeldy
04-08-2006, 08:29 PM
what the hell is Kool-aid? Ive read it a few times in posts recently.

Ive always been a tom-boy type child. So I used to go in the garden all day and collect worms and slugs. Id knock on the door, snot all over my face "SH'LUGS!"

DarknessFromAbove
04-08-2006, 08:34 PM
well, let's see . . . I use to think that people were born with their ears perced, that braces held your teeth in, that my toys were alive, and that if I tried hard enough that I could convince them to talk to me, that dogs were just a different race of people, that magic was real, and all I had to do was find the right trinket to get it out of me, and oh so many other silly things.

Once I tried to fly by jumping off this tall jungle gym-thing. I really thought I could do it too . . . I didn't get hurt, but everybody thought I was really crazy after that . . . and my dreams of flying were crushed as well.

Pike
04-08-2006, 09:06 PM
For those wondering what Kool-Aid is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kool-aid

Anaisa
04-08-2006, 10:56 PM
I heard that women weren't supposed to dye their hair when they were pregnant, an I assumed it must be because the baby's hair would then be the same colour as what the mother had dyed her's.

Madame Adequate
04-09-2006, 03:10 AM
I used to think people ran on batteries, and I would apparently threaten to remove the batteries of people who annoyed me.

Also, I would take hold of the cat's tale and say "Kitty has a handle!"

Ryth
04-09-2006, 04:11 AM
I used to think the mother had to have the baby by throwing it up.

mooglebunni608
04-09-2006, 04:20 AM
I used to think the mother had to have the baby by throwing it up.
:D XD funny :D
I thought that people could get snakes stuck in their stomach, and I had this plastic Docter toyset, so I'd pretend to cut snakes out of peoples stomachs... XD

friedpork
04-09-2006, 05:01 AM
When i i was 4 i use to think that everyone and everything had a penis.

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-09-2006, 05:14 AM
- I used to think these were cloud factories:
Me too...

Tama2
04-09-2006, 05:34 AM
I made a cool rock swing. I was like Tarzan swingin in the trees. (bout when I was in 6th grade) Then the rope lossened from the tree. The rock was about the size of VCR. Let's just say that I gotta a little dumber that day.

Rengori
04-09-2006, 06:26 AM
I sprayed that expo marker eraser stuff in my eyes. Almost went blind.

Avathar
04-09-2006, 12:07 PM
- I used to believe in Mole People, who had an entire highly civilized organisation build up in the sewers.

Neco Arc
04-09-2006, 12:37 PM
I used to think microsoft was awesome...