PDA

View Full Version : the kh2 stradegy guide....

Reeno the Alchemist
04-08-2006, 06:47 PM
omg people its 348 pages (yes yes i know im a cheater but i need it incase i get stuck and have no one to ask how to get past it...)does a game need that big of a book who els has the stradegy guide and how much did you pay?

Hambone
04-08-2006, 06:48 PM
yeah it's long.

Necronopticous
04-08-2006, 06:53 PM
I bought the special edition, but I preordered the game and guide so long ago I don't know how much it was. All I know is that along with the game it came out to right around 80 dollars total. It's a very good guide, and the Jiminy's Journal extra was invaluable when finishing up the worlds 100%. I found a few errors in the guide, however, that really bugged me as they wasted lots of my time. For instance, "Lightning Gem" and "Lightning Crystal" are swapped in the Item Synthesis section, so when I was desparately trying to get the enemies it lists for Lightning Crystal to drop I kept getting Lightning Gems and I thought I was just having really bad luck until I actually gave it a good look and discovered the guide is just in error.

Skyblade
04-08-2006, 07:24 PM
I bought the special edition, but I preordered the game and guide so long ago I don't know how much it was. All I know is that along with the game it came out to right around 80 dollars total. It's a very good guide, and the Jiminy's Journal extra was invaluable when finishing up the worlds 100%. I found a few errors in the guide, however, that really bugged me as they wasted lots of my time. For instance, "Lightning Gem" and "Lightning Crystal" are swapped in the Item Synthesis section, so when I was desparately trying to get the enemies it lists for Lightning Crystal to drop I kept getting Lightning Gems and I thought I was just having really bad luck until I actually gave it a good look and discovered the guide is just in error.

Fortunately, I noticed the way their position was switched (Crystal should have been below Gem, but it was above it), so I checked up by looking at what each one of the creatures dropped. It's listed properly in the Bestiary.

Zeromus_X
04-08-2006, 09:06 PM
Yeah, it's pretty huge. I might get it sometime, only 20 bucks, meh. :cat: (Alot of space is taken up by character portraits and what-not, and all the charts and such. :cat: )

Tavrobel
04-08-2006, 09:25 PM
It's a very good guide overall, it even had how some of the attacks are calculated by the ingame engine. Can't say the same for its conciseness, but it does a rather good job of not intropducing spoilers. Unfortunately, it lacks on WHEN you fight the bosses, so I ended up not prepared for half of the battles, and it gives a false impression that the world is shorter than it is.

Some of the items in the game are hidden far too well for my taste, so a guide is a plus.

And yes, the Thunder Gem/Crystal bugs me too, but I've never had a problem getting them, I've got WAY too many for my taste.

Reeno the Alchemist
04-08-2006, 11:54 PM
even with the guide i dont think ill beat the game cause im havin one heck of a time tryin to beat Xaldin

Ouch!
04-09-2006, 02:00 AM
I didn't play with the guide my first time around, and I'm playing through with it now so I can get 100% completion. So far, it's only failed me once, and that was in the prologue when you have to make money for train tickets. It said that at 1,050 munny you get +2 AP. It also says that the scene starts automatically at 1,850 munny. Both were wrong. I don't know when exactly the minimum for the 2 AP bonus is, but it definitely maxes at 2,000.

I'm sure there's other minor errors like the gem/crystal mix-up. I'll look for them as I play through with it. Overall, the guide has been very helpful so far.

Nick Schovitz
04-09-2006, 02:48 AM
what a guide who needs a guide when I can just print out stuff from the web for free! 17 dollars sh**!

Ouch!
04-09-2006, 03:06 AM
I got the special edition guide because I could with my pre-ordered copy of the game. It has enough other stuff that makes it worth the ridiculous amount it cost me.

Seifer
04-09-2006, 03:51 PM
I paid $30 for the LE guide after I beat everything just so I could have Jiminy's Journal, but it'll still be good reference for synth items when I replay some other time.

Reeno the Alchemist
04-09-2006, 05:32 PM
ugh i wish i got the LE one i wanted the stickers :( oh well

Seto Fett
04-10-2006, 01:03 AM
Yep, I got it. Never used it until the second game though. I did look up tips for Xibar though, as he was being surprising challenging for me the first time around.