PDA

View Full Version : Tales Of Eternia

Dreddz
04-08-2006, 10:30 PM
Well, I might just have to go pick this up, its out in the EU ( hoorah, before the US ). And has got some decent reviews. This is great seeing as the PSP hasnt got the greatest RPG library.

Crossblades
04-09-2006, 12:39 AM
I've been trying to get the PS1 version over ebay for quite some time now, but I always get outbidded at the last minute. I want to play that game so badly:cry:

Luther X-Rated
04-09-2006, 09:42 PM
I'm some what of a lazy american so I haven't played the ps2 fantasy games yet.

vampirepiggyhunter7
04-09-2006, 09:46 PM
Thanks ever so much for endusing American stereotypes:mad:

Luther X-Rated
04-09-2006, 09:49 PM
Thanks ever so much for endusing American stereotypes:mad:

Sorry, I just like joking around with that expression : ) :p

Dreddz
04-09-2006, 10:00 PM
Its actually a PSP game btw.

Reine
04-10-2006, 08:47 PM
The game is absolutely great Dreddz, I highly recommend it. Appearntly, US isnt going to get it at all..

anacacia
04-10-2006, 08:51 PM
Maybe I should order it from amazon or from e-bay to pick up a copy.

edczxcvbnm
04-10-2006, 09:58 PM
The game is absolutely great Dreddz, I highly recommend it. Appearntly, US isnt going to get it at all..

That is fine. I bought it for the PSone years ago when it come out in the US under the name Tales of Destiny 2. You are 5 years late Dreddz :D

Reine
04-10-2006, 10:07 PM
Thats why it isnt getting released apperantly, because it is a direct port, and the game dudes wont accept that, even though its on a different console...

Its the same with Breath of Fire III, the PSP version wont be released in US

Dreddz
04-10-2006, 10:23 PM
I know it was released some time ago for the PSX, I can still be excited for a PSP release, I never knew it wasnt getting released in the states though.
What I dont get, is how Breath Of Fire 3 isnt getting a US release, but a EU one. Breath of fire 3 came out in the UK. So it should be getting a US release if its got a EU one.

edczxcvbnm
04-10-2006, 10:53 PM
SCEA is a terrible organization. That is why /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif like this happens in the US when it makes no sense. It isn't like someone can't import if they want it really badly. PSP is region free I believe.

Eternia is actually a step up from Tales of Phantasia unlike the step backwards they took with Tales of Destiny.

Pauten
04-10-2006, 11:09 PM
I'm making my way through Eternia now and I'm enjoying it. It dosnt break the mould or anything but its fun none the less. I think serious RPG fans (like me for one) will enjoy it.

Reine
04-10-2006, 11:37 PM
Yeah, the battles are so damn fast paced and frantic, every boss battle is a supreme challenge (IMO) and very well balanced. Even overlevelling, they still kicked my arse. Gnome in particular gave me seven game overs before I managed to beat him.

It also has superb music, although it sounds a lot like Golden Sun's at times.

The story keeps changing like Symphonia's does, and theres just so much to do, its utterly huge, and just damn awesome

I cant wait till Phantasia comes out in the stores here

Kyros
04-11-2006, 05:05 PM
omg ToD2/ToE is awesome ^^ I have had it for years on ps, and I wish I had a psp so I could get it when it came out T_T I also have ToD for ps but I haven't played it yet O.o I've also heard that the first two Suikodens are coming out for psp so it should develop a better reputation over time. Anyway, I would highly recommend ToE to everyone. If you liked Tales of Symphonia then you should like this game cuz it's much better (and longer) ^^

Mythra
04-13-2006, 01:13 PM
Couldn\'t we in the US just import it from the UK? I believe the psp is region free, or is able to play games from the UK or Japan right? Same with Breath of Fire III

Dell
04-13-2006, 05:10 PM
I beat the games 10 times, it was my first RPG along with FFVII. The game is great, I like the summons, (Undine, Sylph, Efreet (Ifrit), Gnome, Celcius, Volt, Shadow, Rem, Maxwell and Sekundes), the character Keele Zeibel is my favourite and Max followed in second. Anyway, have you guys checked Tales of Legendia, the new Namco RPG in PS2? the game's great, I almost finished now, currently doing Character Quest of Jay.