PDA

View Full Version : Beauty is only skin deep (spoilers galore!)

Moon Rabbits
04-09-2006, 04:54 AM
Okay, so I just finished watching AC.

It was unbelievably eye pleasing, and the battles were beyond cool (save the unexpectantly bad Sephiroth battle) but there was a problem...unanswered questions.

First one is strictly a question posed by www.adventchildren.net . In their plot summary they mention Edge City...not once did i see or hear this mentioned in the movie.

The next question posed is why did Rufus have Geostigma/Star Scar Syndrome? As far as I know SSS is a disease that is given to someone because they were born after Jenova's head falling into the lifestream in the northern crater. Why do only post Jenova in lifestream babies have SSS? Because Jenova was in the lifestream her cells were inside the kids now, or her will, or whatever you want to say/make up about SSS. Cloud has it because he already has Jenova cells inside him. But...why does Rufus? He wasn't born post Jenova into Stream, and didn't have cells inside him prior to Jenova into Stream.

Thirdly, when Kadaj merges with Jenova's head (which we didn't get to see :@) he...turns into Sephiroth? Whaaaaaaaaaaat? Why? How? Who? When? Why does this happen, I'd expect him to turn into Jenova, not Sephiroth...

Speaking of Kadaj...who the hell is he? Okay he's what...a 'remnant of sephiroth', but what the hell does that mean exactly? Doesn't cloud you know...kill Sephiroth to the max when he uses omnislash at the end? The movie doesn't even explain where Kadaj and co. come from, they just sort of appear in the crater and are like "Hahahah, Sephiroth's not dead! The fanboys wouldn't let that happen!"

But, it's not all bad. Alot of things were handled well, like Aeris' rain healing SSS, I really liked that actually, and how Tifa says "You've been with us the whole time." or something like that on the airship when she see's the droplet of water.

But then again, there is more bad. Why do Kadaj and Cloud mistake Aeris for Jenova? W. T. F. If I was talking to a girl I loved and called her mom I'd be like "...awkward." WHY????

Denzel. Denzeldenzeldenzeldenzel. Why was he hyped as being such a special kid? I mean he was cool and all, but all I read anywhere before watching it was "Denzel this denzel that special this special that" he just seemed like Tifa's adoptive son, nothing more.

And most of all...Didn't Cloud already forgive himself for Aeris' death? In the end of the second disc Cloud and Tifa spend the last night together beneath the airship before they storm the Northern Crater...they have a talk and Cloud really seems happy, and in the end Cloud says "Yeah, Let's go see her." and for some reason that to me made me think that he was done and over the guilt.

The end of FFVII I thought was handled really well, it left it open for the player to speculate what happened. Did Holy save the planet from all that was hurting it, including humans? Or do humans live on, and Midgar was left alone to rot and act as a reminder of what hurting the planet would lead to?

No, AC ruined that. A specific chain of events happened blah blah blah and everyone lived happily ever after. And you know what? I really like the idea of Cloud and Tifa being together after the events of FFVII, but no...Cloud REVERTED from being the caring person he was at the end of FFVII back into the anti-social asshole he was at the beginning! What is that???

*SIGH* This movie could've been really good. But it was just hitting par. The battles were pretty and cool ('cept for the anti-climax of Sephiroth vs. Cloud!) I guess it proves that beauty is only skin deep?

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
04-09-2006, 05:51 PM
Thirdly, when Kadaj merges with Jenova's head (which we didn't get to see :@) he...turns into Sephiroth? Whaaaaaaaaaaat? Why? How? Who? When? Why does this happen, I'd expect him to turn into Jenova, not Sephiroth...

Ill answer this one. First of all its Jenova cells he merges with. Second of all the reason why he turns into Sephiroth is because when Sephiroth died his cells seperated creating Loz, Kadaj and Yazoo. The cells from Jenova made him complete which made him turn into Sephiroth. I think thats what it was :D If its not full correct me please :)

Mo-Nercy
04-09-2006, 07:37 PM
To be completely honest, no one who frequents the AC forum here at EoFF has looked hard enough at the movie to really answer all those questions. You'd probably be better off looking for them at adventchildren.net or whatever.

Or just do what I do and, you know, completely zone out while you watch the movie and enjoy the visuals.

FallenAngel411
04-10-2006, 06:06 AM
It is a movie that is meant to be ogled, not analyzed. It falls apart when you try.