PDA

View Full Version : Explorer Bar > Folders

Yamaneko
04-09-2006, 08:20 AM
I remember I used to use a program to make that stick. Just selecting that will only apply the folder view for the window I'm currently in and once I close that window I have to reapply it. Any ideas on how to make the system-wide change?

crono_logical
04-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Apply what? Folder view settings? Whether the Explorer tree is visible? The positioning of the icon bars along the top of the window? What's this "program"?

You seem to change focus every few words as to what you want to do :monster:

MecaKane
04-09-2006, 04:44 PM
Setting explore to the default action for folders, in the folder options, file type settings.

Yamaneko
04-09-2006, 06:51 PM
Go into any explorer window and hit the folders icon at the top. I want that to stay after I close the window.

crono_logical
04-09-2006, 10:13 PM
Get the folder to the view you want, then go Tools > Folder Options > Views. Hit "Reset All Folders", find "Remember each folder's view settings" in the bottom list and make sure it's ticked, then hit "Apply to All Folders" :p

I find for some odd reason though, opening Explorer by opening My Computer will ignore the folder's view regardless of what you save, but I use that to my advantage instead - open via My Compter if I want no folders view, and open via Start Menu or Run > (enter path to open) otherwise, as I've saved the folder view visible for everything else :p I guess how you're opening explorer might also be why it seems to not save for you :p That's shoddy Microsoft for you again :p

Yamaneko
04-09-2006, 10:33 PM
That didn't do anything. :(

crono_logical
04-10-2006, 09:03 AM
How are you opening explorer?