PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who thinks some Abilities are VERY cheap?

Peter_20
04-09-2006, 11:18 AM
I do like this game a lot, but I also believe that some of the Abilities were really, really cheap.
You can basically get ANYTHING in this game, from the Abilities!
I was rather surprised just from this Treatment thingy; but as soon as I got Recover, I really thought things became a little too easy; I mean, WTF? - command versions of X-Potion and Esuna?!
But it doesn't end there; I still hadn't reached the later stuff, like Enc-None, Absorb, Sell-High, Haggle, Call Shop, LV Up, LV Down and REVIVE!
Alright, I do think that a part of the gameplay might be positively affected this way, but don't you agree on the point that they are REALLY cheap? :eek:

McLovin'
04-09-2006, 01:36 PM
No they were very useful

Laugh at face of Danger
04-09-2006, 02:56 PM
I choose not to use revive, phoenix down lets me unleash limit after limit.
...then again, i rarely K.O. :D

but using recover and revive against that thing on the way to esthar is useful, so they can be offensive and useful.

If you think about it, level up can make your game harder (until it becomes useless because everythings at lv 100) so it can be pretty neat getting into a challenge

When i read the title, i thought that you meant scrolls ^__^;;...if you've gone to all the trouble of getting all the GF's with those abilities, then why not flaunt them? You obviously deserve them if you were bothered enough to get Tonberry x__x

Captain Maxx Power
04-09-2006, 03:07 PM
I generally never use the Abilities, with the exception of Card which I abuse all the way through the game until Disc 3 and my "training sessions".

Ultima Shadow
04-09-2006, 04:35 PM
Enc-None? How can Enc-None be cheap? And Absorb really isn't that great either.

Xiedo
04-10-2006, 01:09 AM
If you really think they're cheap then don't use them.

Anyway, isn't it even easier to Junction "Magic" and use Esuna and Cura/Curaga rather than tie up 1 entire command slot for 1 use?

Ashley Schovitz
04-10-2006, 01:23 AM
It takes forever to get all those abilities and you'll definetly need call shoP if you haven't found all of the legendary weapon ingredients before disc 4.