PDA

View Full Version : Favourite QT Film

Dreddz
04-09-2006, 01:54 PM
Mines either Pulp Fiction or Jackie Brown.

The Devourer Of Worlds
04-09-2006, 02:03 PM
Kill bill, followed by Pulp Fiction. Reservoir Dogs was good, although not quite as riveting as the aforementioned two. I hated Jackie Brown though. Blacksploitation Movies just aren't my thing...

Dreddz
04-09-2006, 02:05 PM
I didnt enjoy Kill Bill as much as others, the first was good and the second was Ok. Some of QT's weakest work IMO.

Ballistix Man
04-09-2006, 03:24 PM
Pulp Fiction

a nirvana fan
04-09-2006, 03:30 PM
Kill Bill Vol. 1:D amazing and bloody!

Parker
04-09-2006, 03:32 PM
It's a toss-up between Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs. Both are great.

Kill Bill has a great soundtrack also.

RSL
04-09-2006, 03:37 PM
Kill Bill 1 and 2.

Markus. D
04-09-2006, 03:41 PM
Kill Bill Volume 2.

then

Kill Bill Volume 1.

then

Pulp Fiction.

Vincent, Thunder God
04-09-2006, 04:46 PM
Frankly I don't like Quentin Tarantino. The only reason he currently has such a following is that his films are full of gratuitous violence. Kill Bill had such a bare-bones plot that all it can be called is string of violent events attached together.

~SapphireStar~
04-09-2006, 05:08 PM
It will always be Reservoir Dogs for me, Kill Bill follows close second. Been a fan of his for 13 years now (yes, been a fan since I was 8) and Reservoir Dogs, IMO, was his master piece.

Avathar
04-09-2006, 05:30 PM
I've seen all his films, and it's definitely one of my all time favorite filmmakers:D
My top:

1. Reservoir Dogs
2. Kill Bill Vol. 1 and 2
3. Pulp Fiction
4. My Best Friend's Birthday
5. Jackie Brown

(these are the movies he wrote AND directed, so ^_^)

GooeyToast
04-09-2006, 05:35 PM
Pulp Fiction

eestlinc
04-09-2006, 05:42 PM
Kill Bill vol. 2

Cz
04-09-2006, 06:50 PM
That's a tough one. I can't decide between Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill Vol. 1 and Reservoir Dogs, but those are definitely the top three.

Dreddz
04-09-2006, 10:03 PM
4. My Best Friend's Birthday

My best friends birthday was great, its definately one of QT's most underrated and unknown pieces of work. Great stuff.

Avathar
04-09-2006, 10:21 PM
4. My Best Friend's BirthdayMy best friends birthday was great, its definately one of QT's most underrated and unknown pieces of work. Great stuff.

:cool: Indeed. Everyone that would like to know Quentin Tarantino, should certainly watch this one. Sure, it's not a big title like Pulp Fiction, or Kill Bill, in this very first you can see where he got his influences from (certain inspiration by the movie "Man Bites Dog"^^).
But still i like Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction much more, just because i've seen those movies when i was young, and countless times (every line of RD is almost imprinted in my memory:eek: :D ); and Kill Bill:cool: , it's just so crazy and over the top.:love: :) But still, i greatly suggest My Best Friend's Birthday!:kaocheer:Cheers!:beer:

Captain Maxx Power
04-09-2006, 10:23 PM
Kill Bil Vol 2 for one reason ; Pai Mei.

Avathar
04-09-2006, 10:29 PM
http://www.wunderblogs.com/mercuccio/archives/images/pai_mei.jpg
:kaocheer:

~SapphireStar~
04-10-2006, 02:58 PM
True Romance was amazing also.

Angellights
04-10-2006, 03:34 PM
I thought Pulp fiction was really good, but I didn't care all too much for a lot of his other stuff....kill bill 1 was alright though.

edczxcvbnm
04-10-2006, 03:45 PM
Kill Bill Vol. 1. He used a multitude of styles in that movie and it made it flow very fast and kept it engaging from a visual stand point.

Winter Nights
04-10-2006, 10:48 PM
Pulp Fiction was great. Jackie Brown was decent, as was Kill Bill Vol. 1. Hated Vol. 2 and haven't seen anything else by him.

Psychotic
04-10-2006, 11:38 PM
Pulp Fiction is the best, Reservoir Dogs and the Kill Bills stand pretty much equally in my opinion, and Jackie Brown, while good, was the weakest film by him that I've seen.

Avathar
04-10-2006, 11:48 PM
Jackie Brown is easily his weakest film (although....maybe it's because i'm kinda comparing it with Pulp Fiction:( .....:rolleyes2 Ahwell)

Zell's Fists of Fury
04-11-2006, 12:46 AM
Kill Bill is one movie, split. Stop saying you like one and not the other. It's the same thing. Arg.

I like Kill Bill the most, maybe because I've seen Pulp Fiction 2039423q5 times. I do like the characters in all of his movies equally, though.

Skarr
04-11-2006, 01:58 AM
Q's movies always have weak human characters that you-in a way-can relate to-. That's why I like his movies. Kill Bill is by far his greatest movie. The characters are what I really like about Kill Bill. Pulp fiction also needs meation in my mediocre post. :p

Winter Nights
04-11-2006, 02:03 AM
Kill Bill is one movie, split. Stop saying you like one and not the other. It's the same thing. Arg.

I like Kill Bill the most, maybe because I've seen Pulp Fiction 2039423q5 times. I do like the characters in all of his movies equally, though.
Actually, since he released it as 2 seperate movies and has yet to put out a version of Kill Bill as a whole, I'm gonna continue to see them as the two movies that they are.

Not to mention the fact that KB1 and KB2 are completely different in style and tone. I'll say it again. I like Kill Bill Vol 1 and hate Kill Bill vol 2.

Ballistix Man
04-11-2006, 02:06 AM
They were planned to be put in theatres as 1 but because of the long run time were put as 2 separate versions.

Winter Nights
04-11-2006, 02:25 AM
As much as that's was spouted, they look and feel way too different. Unless he planned on shifting the tone halfway through the film for no reason.

Not to mention that there was alot he could have left out if he really wanted it to be one movie. Both films spend alot of time on the same material.

Both films look and feel like they were supposed to be seperate entities. It may have been the original intenetion, but it certainly couldn't have happened during production or post-production, regardless of what he claims.

SoulTaker*
04-11-2006, 02:56 AM
Most definitely Pulp Fiction. Reservoir Dogs second, then kill Bill Vol 1.

Shiny
04-11-2006, 03:06 AM
1. Pulp Fiction
2. Kill Bill vol. 1
3. Reservoir Dogs
4. Kill Bill vol. 2
5. Sin City (Does this count?)

Jackie Brown was crap.

Hambone
04-11-2006, 04:52 AM
Pulp Fiction is the coolest.

The Void
04-11-2006, 02:37 PM
There's not much of a choice, he's only made about five. But Jackie Brown is probly he's best written, but Pulp Fiction is the most enjoyable. Reservoir Dogs is just a rip-off of a bunch of other movies (The taking of pelham 123, Clockwork Orange etc.).

The Devourer Of Worlds
04-11-2006, 02:40 PM

How on earth was Reservoir Dogs a rip off of Clockwork Orange?

The Void
04-11-2006, 02:44 PM

How on earth was Reservoir Dogs a rip off of Clockwork Orange?

One of the most memerable scenes from Reservoir Dogs was when they walk out the cafe in slow motion at the start of the film. It was taken from a scene in A Clockwork Orange.

The Devourer Of Worlds
04-11-2006, 02:48 PM
I remember the scene your talking about (the one when he attacks his 'druids' right?), but was that scene actually named by QT as the inspiration behind the opening in Reservoir Dogs? If it is than that's a pretty reasonable reference I guess.

Despotus
04-11-2006, 02:49 PM
True Romance was amazing also.
I was wondering when someone would mention that one. It rocked. Great dialogue and interesting characters. Full of celebrities doing really gritty work. As good or better than my other favorite, Pulp Fiction.

The Void
04-11-2006, 03:01 PM
I remember the scene your talking about (the one when he attacks his 'druids' right?), but was that scene actually named by QT as the inspiration behind the opening in Reservoir Dogs? If it is than that's a pretty reasonable reference I guess.

I don't think he ever named that scene as an inspiration, but you can tell thats where he got it from. The nicknames of the characters (mr brown,mr pink etc) he stole from The Taking Of Pelham 123.

Avathar
04-11-2006, 03:03 PM
1. Pulp Fiction
2. Kill Bill vol. 1
3. Reservoir Dogs
4. Kill Bill vol. 2
5. Sin City (Does this count?)

Jackie Brown was crap.

Sin City....i would say it doesn't count as a Quentin Tarantino Movie. On the other hand: he directed an entire sequence in the movie, and plus: the style of the movie's quite Tarantinesk.:cool:

The Devourer Of Worlds
04-11-2006, 03:03 PM
It might be worth noting that QT didn't direct True Romance; he only wrote the script.

It should also be noted that I have not seen this movie, thus will comment on it no further.

Despotus
04-14-2006, 01:43 AM
It might be worth noting that QT didn't direct True Romance; he only wrote the script.

It should also be noted that I have not seen this movie, thus will comment on it no further.
True, true, true. But, I.M.H.O. it is the dialogue, the script, the characters in the movie that really make a Q.T. movie impressive. His direction is great, don't get me wrong, but the banter back and forth between the characters makes his movies what they are.

And you should go out and rent True Romance as soon as you have the chance. A general plot line and list of actors may help to intice you:

True Romance (1993)
Directed by
Tony Scott

Writing credits
Quentin Tarantino (written by)

Genre: Action / Crime / Drama / Romance / Thriller

Tagline: Stealing, Cheating, Killing. Who said romance is dead?

Plot Outline: Clarence marries hooker Alabama, steals cocaine from her pimp, and tries to sell it in Hollywood, while the owners of the coke try to reclaim it.

User Comments: Top Notch Pulp....

User Rating: 7.7/10 (32,320 votes)

Cast overview, first billed only:
Christian Slater .... Clarence Worley
Patricia Arquette .... Alabama Whitman
Dennis Hopper .... Clifford Worley
Val Kilmer .... Elvis, Mentor
Bronson Pinchot .... Elliot Blitzer
Gary Oldman .... Drexl Spivey
Brad Pitt .... Floyd
Christopher Walken .... Vincenzo Coccotti
Samuel L. Jackson .... Big Don
Michael Rapaport .... Dick Ritchie
Saul Rubinek .... Lee Donowitz
James Gandolfini .... Virgil
Victor Argo .... Lenny
Frank Adonis .... Frankie
Paul Bates .... Marty

Oldman, Hopper, Walken, Gandolfini, and Pitt (in no particular order) played definitely some of the most colorful characters I ever saw in a Q.T. movie.

Ryth
04-14-2006, 05:31 AM
Pulp Fiction, Sin City (if that's valid...) , and True Romance are my favorites. An honorable mention also goes out to Kill Bill Vol. 1.

VorpalCyberWolf
04-14-2006, 06:18 PM
I own and have seen all of the above listed except True Romance and My Best Friends Birthday. Both of which I have really wanted to see, just havent had the time or chance.

My favorites otherwise go in this order.

Pulpfiction & Reservoir Dogs in # 1, Kill Bill 2, Kill Bill 1 and Jackie Brown.

I enjoy the Dialouge and Character Development in KB2, thats the main reason it beats KB1, they could almost be tied.

~SapphireStar~
04-15-2006, 12:03 PM
Yes I know. But its still an amazing flim. I was waiting for someone to mention he didnt direct it.