PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts about this one.

Elpizo
04-09-2006, 03:26 PM
NOTE: THIS IS NOT A HATE TOPIC. I JUST GIVE MY VERY OWN THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS ABOUT THIS GAME.

Yay! I finished Final Fanasty V with lv 46 with every one! (And a lot of luck and Big Guard).

I don't really know if it is allowed to post this kind of threads, but ah, if it isn't, I'm sure there'll eb a lock thrown on this.

I finished this game, and I would like to share some thoughts of me on this. Perhaps thoughts some of you may disagree on, but I don't care. It's my opinion, and what can you people change about my opnion? :)

Well, first things first:

1. The story:
I heard some fans and people complain that the story was a bit to simple, or to 'happy' compared to IV. I disagree. The story was perhaps simple and linear, but it certainly wasn't 'happy'. Sure, there were funny moments, but there were moments which almost made me cry, for example: Galuf's Death.

2. ExDeath
When people start complaining about ExDeath, this are the most popular reasons: "His NAME! OMG, what was Square thinking? Naming a guy ExDeath! How original!"

My response: So? Teh name doesn't make the villain. Sure, it is nicer if a villain has an uber-cool name, but ExDeath was fine with me, because of his character. ExDeath made a very fine, cruel and evil villain to me, and I don't care about his name.

The second reason: "His reasons! OMG! What reason does this guy have to blow the world to bits? Nothing!"

Well, perhaps that's true. But look at NeoExDeath, what reason did he have to make everything, nothing? What reason did Kefka have to ruin teh world? Sure, he hated life, but I don't call that a reason. ExDeath, IMO, had a reason: he was a powerhungry maniac who just wished to test out his little toy.

3. Krile/Cara
This kinda confuses me. A lot of people who dislike FF V, or like it, for that matter, complain about Krile.

"OMG, Square didn't even TRY with this character!"

Ehm, what exactly is the problem? She can talk to animals, is that the problem? At least she talks to dragons and moogmes. But hey! Guy of FF II could also talk to animals! So, this reason doesn't make sense, cause they did it before, and nobody complained, as far as I know. Or didn't complain enough to let it ruin the game for them.

Is it teh fact that she's a little girl? Well, for me, that reason is even worse. She's a little girl, but she bravely (in my game, lol) takes up Excalibur to mash ExDeath into firewood. Sure, she's young, but that's no reason, for me.

Perhaps the reason is, because she replaced Galuf? Now, that reason is acceptable for me. Galuf was a wonderful character, and I didn't liek it when he died. But he died, and Krile took his place. You'll have to live with it.

Soem people say she doesn't have character... Why? I found her one of my favorite characters in FF V. She goes out all alone to search for her grandpa, she comes to Butz' world just in time to knock King Tycoon off. She stands with Galuf all the time when Galuf attacks the Big Bridge.

So, where exactly is the problem with Krile? This isn't flaming, it is just a question, because I don't understand. Give me a godo reason, oen that you can explain and defend why Krile is the worst character?

4. Difficulty
In my humble opinion, this game was difficult in the beginning, but also at the end. Why? Because it was kinda hard to lv up. WHen you just play through the game without training, you're around lv 38 when you fight against ExDeath and NeoExDeath. I find it a pity, because the rest of teh game was very good.

5. Graphics
Some people say the gfx of V are not even a step above IV's. Again, I have to disagree. Sure, the sprites of the characters were just liek IV's, but look further than that. The gfx of the dungeons and forest were a lot better. And also the battle backgrounds were better.
So yes, V gfx are better than IV gfx, in a way.

6. Music
I did not find many complaints here. So I just give my own opinion. This game had, like every game, teh good and the less good tracks. An example of the good tracks, in my opnion: Lenna's theme, Dear friends, The Last Battle, Evil Lord ExDeath, The Decisive battle, Pirates Ahoy, were all good tracks. Tracks I liked less... Well, none pop in my head for now.

7. The Job System
Whiel I prefer no job system, I must admit that all these jobs were pretty fun. I liked all the likable jobs and used and mastered them, and I left the ones I found useless. I just found it a bit annoying that it took forever to master a job. But all these jobs made the game more interesting because you could make whatever character you like in whatever kind of warrior you like.

I know it is perhaps stupid, but I made Krile my little warrior. I gave her all of teh genji equipment and Excailbur, just for fun. And because I like her a lot.

8. Shinriyuu and Omega
These two duded, well, I just didn't battle them. Perhaps I'll do it, someday. Or I'll just wait for teh GBA version to mash them to scrap.

9. Conclusion
In my humble opinion, Final Fantasy V was a very good addition to the Final Fantasy series. Without it, I doubt some other Final Fantasy games would have become what they are now.
It was a fun game, lots of stuff to do. The story was simple yet very entertaining. ExDeath made an excellent villain. The characters were all themselves and had their own personality, which added greatly to the fun of the game. Emotional scenes and battles were made even better because of some excellent sound tracks (example: Galuf's Death, and Gilgamesh versus Necrophobia).
All in all, while perhaps not the best Final Fantasy game, Final Fantasy V was a great game and it certainly doesn't deserve the title to be the worst Final Fantasy, or be one of the worst.

Wew, what a post. I don't know what the purpose of this whole text is. I just wanted to share my thoughts. Dislikers of FF V can start flaming and shouting, it won't help. It's my opinion, and I'm sure tehre are also people who agree with me on some points which I stated here.

Any comments?

Luara
04-10-2006, 09:49 PM
I loved this game too ^.^;;;

Shin Gouken
04-10-2006, 11:29 PM
I don't like krile for the reasons you quoted but i think they are all justified. Nobody wants to play with a little 14 year old girl, and especially if that 14 year old girl is replacing an amazing legend of a character. I didn't care that she could talk to animals either. I found her character to me mostly blunt and uninteresting.

The story IMO is very good. Its not just a simple case of "x-death wants power, gets it and is defeated". He was born a tree and becomes an evil black mage, raises an army, is defeated by the legendary dawn warriors and sealed with the power of the elemental crystals, frees himself by controlling fiends/friends and destroys those crystals, goes back to his home world, raises another army, kills nearly all of galufs and zezas army, tricks you into helping him obtain the crystals of galufs world, which he uses to fuse both worlds back together again, which is the key to entering the X-zone where he can obtain the power of the void, of which will take time so he frees some of the deadliest monsters in the X-zone to hunt the new light warriors. Then there is back stories for almost all the characters in the game, stories of loyalty and betrayel (gilgamesh) bravery and defeat (galufs fight with X-death) deeper story elements (we get to see parts of the dawn warriors victory of x-death, and hear of Enou and what happened to him when he did what X-death did 1000 years before)
I dont think FFV is given enough credit for its story. I thoroughly enjoyed it and personally thought it was fantastic.

As for difficulty, no i didn't think it was difficult. It was challenging in places when i first played the game. But difficulty in FFV is down to how difficult you want it to be (IMO) You are given all the tools you need for the job, abilitys, weapons,items,armours and relics can make a battle with omega which seems impossible, suddenly look so easy a 5 year old could do it.

Graphics? Couldnt care less what the graphics were like tbh. The sprites were all nice to look at

Music. Yup good and bad. But the bad doesnt bother me, whereas the good gets me sexually exited (gilgameshs theme!!!)

Shinryu and omega were the most enjoyable part of the game for me. they both kicked my arse several times and i fought them over and over until i could beat them. Then i wanted to fight them in different ways, one-turn-K.O's, one-on-one etc i still fight them for kicks even now after i must have fought them a hundred times each

Job system. Could that system possibley be anymore fun. Theres so much you can do with it. Everytime you play, you have different characters learn different jobs and mix different abilities with other abilities. You have so much freedom to do what you want, and at the same time a need to keep your characters seperate so you dont end up with a team of the same characters (like FFVII and FFVIII where by the end they are all pretty much the same) to me, its perfect

Crossblades
04-11-2006, 12:50 AM
FF V is pretty decent. I like it, but not enough to be considered one of my favorites. I wish they would've added a bit more personality to Bartz

I do like the Job system though. I could customize my characters any way that I see fit.

Elpizo
04-11-2006, 09:02 AM
I don't like krile for the reasons you quoted but i think they are all justified. Nobody wants to play with a little 14 year old girl, and especially if that 14 year old girl is replacing an amazing legend of a character. I didn't care that she could talk to animals either. I found her character to me mostly blunt and uninteresting.

The story IMO is very good. Its not just a simple case of "x-death wants power, gets it and is defeated". He was born a tree and becomes an evil black mage, raises an army, is defeated by the legendary dawn warriors and sealed with the power of the elemental crystals, frees himself by controlling fiends/friends and destroys those crystals, goes back to his home world, raises another army, kills nearly all of galufs and zezas army, tricks you into helping him obtain the crystals of galufs world, which he uses to fuse both worlds back together again, which is the key to entering the X-zone where he can obtain the power of the void, of which will take time so he frees some of the deadliest monsters in the X-zone to hunt the new light warriors. Then there is back stories for almost all the characters in the game, stories of loyalty and betrayel (gilgamesh) bravery and defeat (galufs fight with X-death) deeper story elements (we get to see parts of the dawn warriors victory of x-death, and hear of Enou and what happened to him when he did what X-death did 1000 years before)
I dont think FFV is given enough credit for its story. I thoroughly enjoyed it and personally thought it was fantastic.

As for difficulty, no i didn't think it was difficult. It was challenging in places when i first played the game. But difficulty in FFV is down to how difficult you want it to be (IMO) You are given all the tools you need for the job, abilitys, weapons,items,armours and relics can make a battle with omega which seems impossible, suddenly look so easy a 5 year old could do it.

Graphics? Couldnt care less what the graphics were like tbh. The sprites were all nice to look at

Music. Yup good and bad. But the bad doesnt bother me, whereas the good gets me sexually exited (gilgameshs theme!!!)

Shinryu and omega were the most enjoyable part of the game for me. they both kicked my arse several times and i fought them over and over until i could beat them. Then i wanted to fight them in different ways, one-turn-K.O's, one-on-one etc i still fight them for kicks even now after i must have fought them a hundred times each

Job system. Could that system possibley be anymore fun. Theres so much you can do with it. Everytime you play, you have different characters learn different jobs and mix different abilities with other abilities. You have so much freedom to do what you want, and at the same time a need to keep your characters seperate so you dont end up with a team of the same characters (like FFVII and FFVIII where by the end they are all pretty much the same) to me, its perfect

What is so wrong about a 14 year old kid? In Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Marche, Ritz and Mewt are barely older than 15 themselves, but nobody complains. But I do agree about Galuf. That was a bit of sad, that she replaced him. But consider this: If Kriel was in from teh beginning, then would people still like/dislike her? I think most people dislike her, because of teh fact you stated, she replaces Galuf. If that wouldn't have happened, I think most people would have liked her.
At least she has a bit more personality than Butz/Bartz.

I still don't fully get it. I understand the fact about Galuf.
But what is so wrong about her character?
It's teh character of any 14 year old girl.
Not trying to flame or anything, but I'm just confused.

Off-topic: Bartz was a pretty lucky guy. In the end, he fought together with THREE girls. Talk about lucky, lol.

I fully agree about the story. It's underrated
People who say it's to simple just don't know what they're saying or they didn't get deep enough in the game.
I found all that history about ExDeath and the Enuo, teh Void, it was all very interesting.
And the Final Floors of the Final Dungeon, the N-Zone, to me, the N-Zone is one of the coolest Fina lDungeons if you count looks in. Pandaemonium still is my favorite, but this one I like much as well.

Difficulty... Well, in the beginning, I do found Galura giving me a bit of trouble, having a well balanced party for that fight. Two knights to protect the weaker and a whiet mage for healing, and a balck mage to attack Galura. He still wasn't very easy. But that's just one boss.
The only otehr bosses that were completely annoying were Atomos and NeoExDeath (but Neo was cool :) ). Neo's Grand Cross, that's what I hated.
I didn't count Shinriyuu and Omega in, cause they are optional bosses.
The way you told it, those two sound like much fun! I should consider training some more and defeat those two...

I again agree with you on the music. Gilgamesh Theme rocks. But of course, there was more great music in the game.

The job system was good, yes, and very fun too, but in my humble opinion, it just took a bit too long to master a job. Of course, now that I know which job suits which character teh best, I'll keep that in mind for when I play the GBA version.

FF V is pretty decent. I like it, but not enough to be considered one of my favorites. I wish they would've added a bit more personality to Bartz

I do like the Job system though. I could customize my characters any way that I see fit.
If it's not one of your favorites, fine with me. But I take it that you have played it until the end and finished it, yes? At least you played it to see how you liked it. That's fine with me.
But yes, Bartz should have had a bit more personality. IMHO, they focused a bit too much on Galuf or on two nice sister princesses, lol.

The job system, like I said above, yes, it's fun and entertaining. It gives you an incredible amount of freedom, IMHO. That's what I like.
Makes me feel teh same liek when I was palying FF IIIj. Although in V, they made teh job-system even better. :)

Crossblades
04-11-2006, 02:21 PM
If it's not one of your favorites, fine with me. But I take it that you have played it until the end and finished it, yes? At least you played it to see how you liked it. That's fine with me.
But yes, Bartz should have had a bit more personality. IMHO, they focused a bit too much on Galuf or on two nice sister princesses, I cried aloud with mirth and merriment.

Yes, I did finish the game completely. I never judge a game until I finish it first. Although, I have to admit, every time I replay this game I seem to enjoy it even more. Let me ask you a question: Did you stick to one job until you master it or do you constantly change them?

The Devourer Of Worlds
04-11-2006, 02:36 PM
I agree with most of the first post except I, like most people, loath Cara/Krile. It has nothing to do with her abilities or age; it's simply that she is a bland, uninteresting characters. She doesn't have much of a back-story (apart from being Galuf's grandaughter) and apart from having an affinity for animals (which adds virtually nothing to the plot IMO) has no real personality.

She's pretty much a generic female character that happens to be named.

Elpizo
04-11-2006, 06:26 PM
Yes, I did finish the game completely. I never judge a game until I finish it first. Although, I have to admit, every time I replay this game I seem to enjoy it even more. Let me ask you a question: Did you stick to one job until you master it or do you constantly change them?
I changed only when needed, if not, I just waited until I mastered it. But I only mastered the really useful ones (Ninja, Samurai, White Mage, Black Mage, Summoner, Time Mage, Monk, Thief, Knight and Blue Mage. Those were all sueful IMHO)

I agree with most of the first post except I, like most people, loath Cara/Krile. It has nothing to do with her abilities or age; it's simply that she is a bland, uninteresting characters. She doesn't have much of a back-story (apart from being Galuf's grandaughter) and apart from having an affinity for animals (which adds virtually nothing to the plot IMO) has no real personality.

She's pretty much a generic female character that happens to be named.
I respect that opinion, but allow me to ask, does a character absolutely needs backgroundstory to be interesting?

And she did help the party out one time because she could understand animals. (When they were kind of 'trapped' in the Moogle forest, she came and picked them up. If she hadn't done that, I doubt the party could have gone bakc to the plot quickly. But that's my opinion.)

The Devourer Of Worlds
04-11-2006, 06:37 PM
I respect that opinion, but allow me to ask, does a character absolutely needs backgroundstory to be interesting?

Not necessarily, but when they are also have a rather bland personality you start to run into problems.

And she did help the party out one time because she could understand animals. (When they were kind of 'trapped' in the Moogle forest, she came and picked them up. If she hadn't done that, I doubt the party could have gone bakc to the plot quickly. But that's my opinion.)
But if that scene hadn't of been included within the game, it probably wouldn't have affected the plot in any shape or form. Really, she only serves as a 'Deus Ex Machina' solution to a problem that could have been solved through a variety of other means.

Elpizo
04-11-2006, 06:54 PM

Not necessarily, but when they are also have a rather bland personality you start to run into problems.

But if that scene hadn't of been included within the game, it probably wouldn't have affected the plot in any shape or form. Really, she only serves as a 'Deus Ex Machina' solution to a problem that could have been solved through a variety of other means.
Kay, I understand.

But it was the best solution at hand to replace Galuf, no?
How would you have replaced him?
I mean, he had to die. All other Wariors of Dawn did, too... Unfortunatly

The Devourer Of Worlds
04-11-2006, 07:00 PM
The issue isn't that they replaced Galuf, it's that they replaced Galuf with an inferior character. Had Krile been just as memorable as Galuf, there wouldn't have been a problem.

Elpizo
04-11-2006, 07:47 PM
The issue isn't that they replaced Galuf, it's that they replaced Galuf with an inferior character. Had Krile been just as memorable as Galuf, there wouldn't have been a problem.
Point is, nobody else beside Krile would have been accepted as a replacement. If they just had thrown a character in, it wouldn't be good, either.

But they couldn't focuse more on Krile, cause that wouldn't have helped the plot. So whatever character that would have replaced Galuf, his background story wouldn't be important for the plot. Unless it's somebody else who has a conenction to ExDeath, and as far as I know, there isn't besides all those who we saw in the game.
So, we're, or I, for that matter, am kinda stuck here...
So I'll just except what you said.

Krile is my favorite character in V (she is), but you don't like her. I can't do anything about that, and you can't do anything about my opinion, either.
So, I guess we both can except this and be happy, no?
:)

Markus. D
04-12-2006, 04:05 AM
It is rather amazing.

Storm
04-15-2006, 01:58 AM
The thing I like about Final Fantasy V is that it is one of the most difficult in the series. Some of the other games like Final Fantasy VI,VII, IX, and X were just too easy.

Wuggly Blight
04-19-2006, 12:18 PM
V was one of my loved part of the series, I found it had a good difficulty setting. The music was good, and lets consider its age, that time distance away story standards was very diffrent, with censorships and limiations. The job system was good. My only beef is that if any game deserved a prequal, it would be this one, screw a X sequal, Theres alto on Eanu that could be a whole hame in itself, someone should rpg maker it some day.

ScottNUMBERS
05-05-2006, 01:12 AM
I think all the characters of this game are a little bland, and the gameplay is only 20-30 hours that's my only problems with it.

Other than that I enjoyed it mucly.

Zeromus_X
05-05-2006, 01:21 AM
It was the standard classic FF experience. :cat: I certainly loved the tasty job system, and the story, it just screamed "this is Final Fantasy. Go get the crystals. Defeat bad guy in outer-space crystal dungeon", and I was like "sure!" I certainly felt that the characters had depth (Krile/Cara/Klulu to a lesser extent), though if you want to compare them to later FF characters' back stories, then that really isn't fair. :cat:

Although they all have problems that real-life problems pale in comparison too. I mean, did your hometown get sucked into a black hole? Didn't think so. :cat:

Elpizo
05-05-2006, 06:32 AM
It was the standard classic FF experience. :cat: I certainly loved the tasty job system, and the story, it just screamed "this is Final Fantasy. Go get the crystals. Defeat bad guy in outer-space crystal dungeon", and I was like "sure!" I certainly felt that the characters had depth (Krile/Cara/Klulu to a lesser extent), though if you want to compare them to later FF characters' back stories, then that really isn't fair. :cat:

Although they all have problems that real-life problems pale in comparison too. I mean, did your hometown get sucked into a black hole? Didn't think so. :cat:
Yeah, you're right. But I think that the game and job system did not really give a chance for all in depth characters... I hope that they'll change that in the GBA version. The characters had depth, but some more wouldn't hurt. :)

Sjorn
05-06-2006, 08:22 PM
I love Final Fantasy V, heck, I love all Final Fantasies (even Final Fantasy VIII which everyone seems to hate).

I haven't completed this game, I'm up to the Second World. I once played it before and got up to Galuf's death, though.

I find it one of the most entertaining FF games. I like how they cram a lot of humour into the game but also have some VERY sad moments...

boys from the dwarf
05-08-2006, 08:02 PM
FF5 was probly the second best or best 2d FF. the graphics were fine. the big bridge tun is one of the best in any FF. the system and difficulty were perfect. the job system, although i prefer fixed jobs like in FF9 was possibly the best. it was almost definetly the funniest FF yet it stayed serious with very emotional moments and some great scenes. a true great among FFs. my only complaint is at times it can be dull but those occasions are very rare. its a hard game but not ridiculously hard and the leveling is tricky so it strikes a perfect balance so its not too easy like some others.

Mr. Graves
05-09-2006, 03:24 AM
I usually don't get caught up on these details, as I'm too wrapped up on the great gameplay to really notice.

The story could've been a little more elaborated on, but that's mostly due to the limitations of 16-bit as well as a faulty translation. I don't think there is a really good translation out there that I'm aware of.

As long as you know great spots and strategies to build job levels, mastering them isn't quite as bad.

Fantasy Fan
06-04-2006, 10:46 AM
FFV is what is supposed to be. One big adventure! It's not my fave but it's one of my fave. It's definately better than IV.

Peter_20
06-04-2006, 05:02 PM
Except for the fact that you mentioned the spoiler Galuf's death, it was a nice conclusion. :cool:

Avarice-ness
06-12-2006, 07:06 AM
I need to start trying to want to play this again, When you mentioned the music, the scores okay, (hence the piano collections for this game is top 3rd of my fave. piano collections) but it seemed as if the music generator they used for FFV didn't evolve at all from FFIV, that was just one thing I had trouble getting my head around, that and the........ colors... They just seemed alittle brighter. I did like it to an extent, 'cause you know Pirates are always cool. I dunno... The music and brightness, I just can't get over that to well. Oh and the fact my last copy of it glitched and I couldn't beat the dragon in the floating ruins. :mad: (I posted about this in another thread, it was devistating) But hey... You know, I'm on an FFVI break, I might as well pop FFV in and give it another whirl. =]
<3.

MJN SEIFER
06-13-2006, 12:56 PM
Nobody wants to play with a little 14 year old girl,

If they did they'd be arested!!!

Seriously though I like her and until now I didn't know people didn't. I like her (Not just cause she's hot though) BUT because she#s THE most devolped character ever.

Shin Gouken
06-13-2006, 02:59 PM
she#s THE most devolped character ever.

i STRONGLY disagree with that

EDIT: i should expand on this a little. I'm not saying she's under developed, but the most developed? Most definitley not. In fact from what i can see, she has the least development of all the main characters.

Elpizo
06-13-2006, 04:02 PM
she#s THE most devolped character ever.

i STRONGLY disagree with that

EDIT: i should expand on this a little. I'm not saying she's under developed, but the most developed? Most definitley not. In fact from what i can see, she has the least development of all the main characters.
I disagree with that, I think she's more developed than Butz/Bartz, for a main character, he strongly lacked personality.

But maybe the Advance version will add soem more depth to each character?

Here's another thing: Relm, she isn't much older than Krile, is she? And yet people like to play with her, or at least did not complain. What, she had no background story or development at all! Neither did Strago, and nobody complained. And Relm's weapon, a paintbrush? Gimme a break! Not saying Relm is bad, I take it as an example. I think people like Relm because she's spoony mouthed. If Krile was spoony mouthed, people would like her as well.:)

EDIT: Peter_20, I'm sorry... Should have known... My excuses.

Shin Gouken
06-13-2006, 05:18 PM
What do we know about krile? she's galufs grandaughter.

Bartz has a lot of background if people bother to do the sidequests. In his hometown you learn alot about his character with the flashbacks. We see bartz lust over girls, we see him scared, we see him bravely challenge x-death, we see him lose control on the air ship, we see his funny side (with krile no less), we see his loner and self contained side. He appears blunt alot but this doesnt mean he doesnt have character. Comparing him to krile is a joke

Elpizo
06-13-2006, 06:06 PM
What do we know about krile? she's galufs grandaughter.

Bartz has a lot of background if people bother to do the sidequests. In his hometown you learn alot about his character with the flashbacks. We see bartz lust over girls, we see him scared, we see him bravely challenge x-death, we see him lose control on the air ship, we see his funny side (with krile no less), we see his loner and self contained side. He appears blunt alot but this doesnt mean he doesnt have character. Comparing him to krile is a joke
I did all the side-quest, so don't worry, I know.

I won't argue, because you make all good points.
But what do we see of Krile? Yes, she's Galuf's granddaughter, and if people bother talking to Galuf's soldiers, we learn her parents disappeared when she was young and Galuf raised her.
We see Krile sensing the others are in danger in the forest of Mua, she came when King Tycoon was in need to be knocked away (all by herself, I might add), we see her come to aid the others in the forest of Mua, we see her cry over the loss of her only family yet alive (perhaps!), we see her writing a letter to Cid and Mid in the end, and then we can see how she feels, we see her still having some kind of bond with Galuf, we see her deside that she'll take his place, she sets out alone with Bartz (stupid move, agreed), and so on.

But Bartz had his thingies too, you are right, but I wouldn't go as far as calling Krile a joke, she had personality too, only less developed, which is a shame.

But you did not note my other point about Relm and Krile. If Krile was spoony mouthed, I'm sure people would like her much more. :p

MJN SEIFER
06-13-2006, 08:02 PM
She is a very devolped character.

The fact that Gaulf died infront of her is a terible experience not just because of him being familly it's because it brings back memories.

Her parents are DEAD and died directly infront of her. Which can change the very aspect of her character. Her main story is to get back to "basics" with life and understands the point of dying for someone but through ageism is not aloud to do so.

Bartz understands her perfectly as his mother died infront of him when he was quite young as well, all his parents weren't murdered it's enough to understand which containd hints in a Bartz/Cara relation.

This also explains her relation with the Hyruu.

lovehurts
06-20-2006, 02:05 AM
FINAL FANTASY 5 WAS AN EXCELLENT GAME. I loved galuf and I did cry when he died. He is my favroite character in final fantasy ever.

bipper
06-20-2006, 03:33 AM
I thought the game was simple, with plenty of layers to pick at. I am not a huge fan, but I was definatly not let down. It seemed rather boring and slightly rehashed to me. I guess, it was a nice little game, but not the best... But not the worst. I did enjoy it, I just will never do it again :p

G SpOtZ
06-20-2006, 06:16 AM
My impatience made me dislike this game overall. I couldn't get past the first hour of the game because I was so freaking bored with it. Lol. My fault, though.

BustaMo
06-21-2006, 06:58 PM
Ah just stick with it because FFV picks up like crazy and has some really good plot twists in it that make it so you can't put the game down. It's a really good game with a vilain taht makes you want to knock his skull out of his face.

Elpizo
06-21-2006, 07:04 PM
Ah just stick with it because FFV picks up like crazy and has some really good plot twists in it that make it so you can't put the game down. It's a really good game with a vilain that makes you want to knock his skull out of his face.
If he has a scull, that is... :D

lovehurts
06-21-2006, 10:31 PM
Ah just stick with it because FFV picks up like crazy and has some really good plot twists in it that make it so you can't put the game down. It's a really good game with a vilain that makes you want to knock his skull out of his face.
If he has a scull, that is... :D

Exdeath might..neo exdeath is sort of a combination of many different humans and animals....

playaGAW
07-22-2006, 06:21 AM
X-Death is my favorite FF villain. Why?? His reason for doing all the stuff he did there really was none and I liked that plus he was hilarious to me. That game in my opinion is the funniest in FF history.

Bolivar
08-07-2006, 01:42 AM
I really enjoyed Final Fantasy V. People want to say the characters weren't that developed - I think that's just because out of all the games, this was the first one, and perhaps the most, where your characters are very open for customization.

I think because in other games, people are able to say "Oh, okay - he's a knight/he's a thief/she uses magic" that it means that the characters are developed. Unlike other FF's - these characters all have multiple moments that develop their story.

I don't see why people are complaining about Krile either. I like how they didn't put her in the party right away - first she lands on Earth and breaks in to the chamber where the party is to save them. Then she's with Galuf on their planet hoping to stop X-Death. She finally joins when Galuf dies, at his request.

This also brought in alot of elements in the story. It spent a great deal on back-story, it dealt with the consumption of resources for energy, and the main character was a wanderer. All of these innovations have been repeated in some of hte best stories of the series.

The difficulty and gameplay were fine to me, seemed to be on point with the other games. The only reason I can see why most fans don't like it is because they didn't get to experience it in North America until years later.

Dr. Corndog
08-16-2006, 02:33 PM
I agree that FFV is a great game, but I have to dissent when it come's to X-Death's name. X-Death? What were they thinking?

"Okay, so he's evil, so his name is Death, but we'll put an 'X' in front of it to make it cool!"

A cool name does not a cool villian make, but a retarded name can sure enough kill it.

MJN SEIFER
08-17-2006, 06:35 PM
The J version name "Exdeath" Is slightly better. and the planning name "Excdeath" make more sense in the story.

If you want my opinion "X-Death" sounds like a comic book character!!!

newmooncycle13
09-01-2006, 07:19 AM
If you want my opinion this game is garbage. I was almost unable to finish it due to bordom. And whoever said they almost cried when galuff died...come on.

Elpizo
09-01-2006, 09:06 PM
If you want my opinion this game is garbage. I was almost unable to finish it due to bordom. And whoever said they almost cried when galuff died...come on.
You fail at Final Fantasy. Galuf death IS sad. You can dislike a game but you cannot call a hero of a character (and his death) bad.
Bleh, you still fail. People call this game boring/bad... come on.