PDA

View Full Version : Me & My Katamari

Necronopticous
04-10-2006, 12:36 AM
Well, I finally found a game worth upgrading my PSP for, leave it to Katamari. I am having lots of fun with the latest installment to this wonderful series and I was very impressed at the visuals as they are basically exactly the same as that of the PS2 games. Anyone else got their hands on it yet?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-10-2006, 12:57 AM
As far as I can tell, it's nothing more than a lackluster cash-in (http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3148809&did=1). Hopefully, Namco will either put more effort into future installments or quit while they're ahead. Katamari Damacy should be remembered as an esoteric orgasm of creativity and subversion of paradigms and crap, not as a once-compelling concept doomed to retread after retread.

Necronopticous
04-10-2006, 01:05 AM
I haven't gotten bored of it yet, and having the ability to play Katamari Damacy on the road is a welcome addition. It is anything but lackluster, especially with the lack of worthwhile titles on the PSP.

Markus. D
04-10-2006, 02:41 AM
damn.... why couldnt it be on ps2 T-T...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-10-2006, 03:44 AM
It'd be an even worse cash-in if it were on PS2, which is already host to two Katamari games of higher quality. The handhelditude is its main redeeming quality, like J said.

edczxcvbnm
04-10-2006, 04:07 AM
The Katamari team split up from what I heard...or at least Keita Takahashi isn't interested in doing another one. Namco could still /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif one out but who knows if they will.

Another one if 5 years would be kind of cool but not now. I don't want the game to become another megaman or another never ending series with a yearly sequel.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-10-2006, 04:21 AM
The Katamari team split up from what I heard...or at least Keita Takahashi isn't interested in doing another one. Namco could still /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif one out but who knows if they will.He was prettymuch done after the first one, but Namco told him they were going to make sequels with or without him, so he decided he might as well hang around and try to inject some integrity into one more. He's definitely finished now, though, so the property is likely screwed.

edczxcvbnm
04-10-2006, 04:25 AM
Damn you BLUE LAZER NAMCOOOOOO!!!!

I thought that was the case but I had not read anything on it. Oh well. I though We Love Katamari was too long of a game for the type of game it was. I got bored with it and I didn't even own it. I went back to the first one.

Necronopticous
04-10-2006, 04:51 AM
I loved We <3 Katamari and I played through it within a couple days of it coming out.

Concerning Takahashi, he's completely done with Katamari Damacy and most likely video games in general. I think he's said he wants to make children's playground equipment. As far as I understand he was blown away and actually irritated at how popular Katamari Damacy got.

edczxcvbnm
04-10-2006, 04:58 AM
I heard he is working on a different game right now. Who knows what the future will bring?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-10-2006, 05:23 AM
Takahashi is definitely still in games. He was on the 1UP Show (http://the1upshow.1up.com) from GDC last week. His new project is still under wraps, though.