PDA

View Full Version : Best friends make the worst enemies

FallenAngel411
04-10-2006, 06:03 AM
This is the lesson I learned when a nine-year friendship of mine collapsed in a matter of seconds, three months ago. From love to treacherous hate in a blink. PROFOUND, FIERY HATE. The details are unecessary.

Has anyone else here faced a similar situation? Has a close friendship you thought would always be strong somehow curdled into loathing?

I guess this could go on EoEE, but I'm not very emotionally shattered right now. :p

Strider
04-10-2006, 06:06 AM
You could also say "Best friends make the worst roommates."

I moved in with one of my best friends coming out of high school since we were both going to the same college. Little did I know he was a possessive egotistical jerk, we were sick of each other after six months.

Del Murder
04-10-2006, 06:07 AM
Nah, it's hard for me to hate anybody, especially a friend.

Yamaneko
04-10-2006, 06:09 AM
No one really knows anyone completely. Even friends.

friedpork
04-10-2006, 06:16 AM
I've actually had the opposite happen to me. At grade 5 someone banged my head against the fence and i started bleeding pretty badly. At grade 7 that same person that banged my head became my friend. Yea, pretty strange but somehow we were pretty good friends.

Hawkeye
04-10-2006, 06:19 AM
I rarely ever get in fights with my school friends. My long time friends though, I get in fights with them all the time.

Zeromus_X
04-10-2006, 06:20 AM
Not that I recall, however, the opposite has happened to me. (Someone you can't stand and you argue with becomes a close buddy, etc.) :cat:

Ramza Beoulve
04-10-2006, 07:06 AM
Well, two things have happened to me

My childhood girlfriend is one of my nemesis now

Also a schoolmate, she was a cool friend when we were childs, now we are enemies to death.

God, I love to mess her life :p

Jebus
04-10-2006, 07:09 AM
I don't let my friends get that close to me, so there's no problem.

'eMeRaLdFaYe'
04-10-2006, 07:50 AM
This is the lesson I learned when a nine-year friendship of mine collapsed in a matter of seconds, three months ago. From love to treacherous hate in a blink. PROFOUND, FIERY HATE. The details are unecessary.

Has anyone else here faced a similar situation? Has a close friendship you thought would always be strong somehow curdled into loathing?

I guess this could go on EoEE, but I'm not very emotionally shattered right now. :p
Oh yeah, I have a close friend in school named Pauline and she was my seatmate, and we were always seen together in school. I always supported her and she always supported me. I helped her out when she needs help, I comforted her when she was sad and I was always there for her when she needs financial help. And she was there for me the same. I always thought that our friendship could last a lifetime!

But then, in our school, I was your ordinary boyish girls. I walk like a boy, I act like a boy, I sound like a boy. Everyone who saw us together would giggle and then tease us and then, my friendship with Pauline was misinterpreted as, what you call, a 'crush'...

Rumors suddenly spread like wildfire that I see my close friend Pauline more than a friend...and I never knew that there were rumors behind my back... before I knew it, Pauline overheard my classmates say, "Hey, did you know? Faye has a crush on Pauline... maybe they're MU's??" (btw, MU means Mutual Understanding, its a kind of relationship, closer to the point of Bf,gf)..

Now, Pauline isn't that kind of a girl who likes to have girls crushing over her...sooo...to make the rumors seem untrue, she decided to ignore and avoid me...

I cried...:cry:

Meat Puppet
04-10-2006, 08:27 AM
All the time. I change a lot.

a nirvana fan
04-10-2006, 09:29 AM
I have a good friend who fell out with her bestest friend ever she has known since the age of 4(now there 15, 16). They went through the hating each other phase but now there fine thankfully:D

Avathar
04-10-2006, 10:32 AM
A sudden change from friendship to hatred? Not yet, but i hope it won't happen:(

marc
04-10-2006, 12:34 PM
I always find that the opposite happens to me.
uh

Epiphany
04-10-2006, 12:45 PM
Fairly recently, though I wouldn't say it's outright hatred, more of an advanced dislike.
There are other friends of mine I thought'd be my best friends for years and years to come, and we've just drifted apart and don't really speak anymore.

SammieBabe
04-10-2006, 01:03 PM
There are other friends of mine I thought'd be my best friends for years and years to come, and we've just drifted apart and don't really speak anymore.

Yup. It's amazing to me how life changing events can distinguish friends from drinking buddies...

Chris
04-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Five years ago I cut all ties with the best friend I had since I was 2. She lied and blasphemed -- the puta even tried to push me infront of a car.

DK
04-10-2006, 01:15 PM
I don't hate anyone and doubt I ever will, I can't see a point to it.

Jess
04-10-2006, 01:19 PM
I don't hate anyone and doubt I ever will, I can't see a point to it.

Truth - except I hate that Kyono guy. :grumble:

I've drifted from best friends, and become just friends but I've never come to hate them. :jess:

Spiffing Cheese
04-10-2006, 01:21 PM
I was friends with a girl from when I was three to when I was ten, but then she turned into a horrible person who was also a CHAV and, yeah, that didn't end so well. :D

The only person I really HAAAATE is Billie Piper and I wouldn't ever be friends with her anyway. :D

Zeldy
04-10-2006, 02:42 PM
That hasn't really happened to me, I havn't had an arguement with any of my school friends for a year.
But my bestfriends from primary school I rarely talk to anymore. Only 2 people I knew in Primary school managed to stay close friends with me
Joining secondary, you meet new people and its cruel that you drift apart, but you just do.

Resha
04-10-2006, 03:07 PM
Meh, nah. My friends all rock too much. If I don't like someone, I stay away from them occasionally having a right old bitch about 'em too! :D I don't dislike very many people.

amratis
04-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Well, I hated one of my best friends for something she did for more then a year. However, we both got over it and are now closer then ever.
When we were'nt friends though, I seriously hated her, loathed her even. I remember I was in a pub once with some friends, (it was my birthday, we were about to have a big night out) and she walked in aswell (our B-day's are very close together), and I just got up and walked straight out and went home. She ruined my whole night! :(

But we were never exactly enemies. We never had a huge bitch fight, In fact, when we orginally fell out, I informed her our friendship was over in a pretty damn polite email! :D

I've permamently fallen out with ppl before, but no-one's ever become what I'd call an 'enemy'.

Angellights
04-10-2006, 03:32 PM
I've had a few interesting experiences, to say the least >_<

It's been mostly a case of a few people trying to be friends with me, which of course is always welcome...After a while though, sometimes people try to make passes at me, and when I tell them that I'm not really interested they pretty much figure that I'm useless after that...I don't know, maybe I lead people on when I dont really want to sometimes. I'm a weirdo :(

kikimm
04-10-2006, 05:11 PM
Yeah, a few years ago. And athough I hated the person back then, over time it's dulled, and is now just a strong dislike. Mostly because I haven't talked to them since that day, really. :D

Levian
04-10-2006, 05:17 PM
It's cool when two of your best friends are dating and then they break up and then they never want to see eachother, but they want to see you, and then they get all jealous when they hear you're seeing the other person that day.

Did I say cool? I meant sucky.

NeoCracker
04-10-2006, 05:19 PM
Over half of my friends now I use to hate a lot a few years ago.

Evastio
04-10-2006, 06:56 PM
This is the lesson I learned when a nine-year friendship of mine collapsed in a matter of seconds, three months ago. From love to treacherous hate in a blink. PROFOUND, FIERY HATE.
That's exactly how I became anti-social. Except I was 6 years old during the time.

Also, best friends do make the worst enemies because your friend knows a lot about you and s/he'll use everything s/he know about you against you.

Itsunari 2000
04-10-2006, 07:36 PM
Rarely. Usually my own fault really. I just placed faith in false people who would pretend to be cordial and friendly before spitefully betraying me. Bastards.

Shauna
04-10-2006, 07:38 PM
I don't hate anyone, but yeah I've been in a similar situation! My best friend and I just... stopped talking to each other. Nine years. NINE, we'd been best friends for, and we just stopped talking! :(
Although, she got MSN and e-mailed me after like a year. We still chat occasionally, but... meh. :D

Vincent, Thunder God
04-10-2006, 10:57 PM
I would say there are a few keys for ensuring friendships don't end up like that:

1.Observe the behaviour of a person for a while in class or in a group to see if it's the kind of person you really like. Most of all observe their behaviour towards others. If the person is unkind to others it is a bad sign already.

2.Don't spend too much time with one friend. I average about twice a month in terms of long visits with any one friend, so that we don't get tired of each other. That may be a little too extreme for some of you... I suggest at least a good week between long visits for any one friend.

Dixie
04-10-2006, 11:03 PM
I lost 5 best friends in one day a few months ago. It was very funny. ^_^ I got 4 back and I think the other one has a grudge on me....I mean, it's not like I meant to say what I said, but when you start spreading rumours about me, I get really pissed off....

Ballistix Man
04-10-2006, 11:05 PM
I lost a friend and he became my enemy. We shared most of the same friends so he decided to spread rumours about me so I kicked his ass. IMO best friends make the best enemies. You know all there weeknesses and can exploit them all you want.

Reles
04-11-2006, 01:54 AM
I've never lost a friend to an argument. We just usually end up drifting.

Vyk
04-16-2006, 08:14 AM
I think that would only happen through some sort of selfishness or self centeredness. Where they can't or refuse to realize what it's like on your end. Either that, or the friendship never mattered to the person. I've been in both situations. Some people just like to pretend to care.

Yuna-Lenne
04-16-2006, 09:22 AM
I recently lost a friend. He hurt me several times and I always forgave him. I hurt him once (at least I hope I didn't hurt him any other times) and now he's decided to shut me out of his life forever. It's very complicated but basically he really hurt me, some might call it betrayal. I got frustrated, said something to a friend on msn, he asked for the log, which I sent (and not cause I wanted him to see it but because I thought he had the right). :eep: Hasn't been a moment since when I havn't thought about it and hated myself for it. :(

Vyk
04-16-2006, 12:47 PM
Don't hate yourself for his hypocracy. Like I said, some people can't figure out what it's like in others' shoes.

Dark Paladin
04-16-2006, 05:59 PM
When i was like 11 me and my old best friend were out and i decided to pick up a partially full sand bag and swing it around.
I told him to duck but he didn't and when i let go, it flew into his face and he ran into his house crying. Its funny when i look at it now.
But that is the only fall out with a friend that was my fault.

VorpalCyberWolf
04-16-2006, 06:47 PM
I was the little group therapist for all my friends in high school, though I had a lot of strange instances like that.

One of my current best freinds was someone who I had hated/hated me/attempted to break my arm.

I had one of my best freinds conspire against me and actually threatened my life.

I drifted apart from some people.

Some of my lesser friends have 'drifted in' to become better friends

And I have some friends who I have been close with for almost all of my life.

It happens though, relationships in general are wierd. "Life is full of meetings, departings and reunions"

KoShiatar
04-17-2006, 09:42 PM
I've had a few interesting experiences, to say the least >_<

It's been mostly a case of a few people trying to be friends with me, which of course is always welcome...After a while though, sometimes people try to make passes at me, and when I tell them that I'm not really interested they pretty much figure that I'm useless after that...I don't know, maybe I lead people on when I dont really want to sometimes. I'm a weirdo :(

I hate when that happens. It's sad to realize that a person doesn't want to be your friend anymore and isn't going to pay any attention to you anymore just because he realized you're not gonna give him what he's after.

~SapphireStar~
04-17-2006, 09:49 PM
Oh yes, I totally agree with this. Ive known my best friend for 10 years now, but this incident occured back in high school. Another freind (now ex) was involved and kinda added fuel to the fire. She changed my best mates attitude towards me and she did bully me for some days. I couldnt beleive it, this was a girl I'd known since primary and she was calling me names, making me feel ill. ignoring me. And it was all down to this nasty cow we knew.

In the end I broke down, told a close teacher and he put me and my best mate in an empty classroom and told us to sit down and talk things through. It felt great to explain to her how I felt and she couldnt believe how much she had changed and apologised like crazy to me. We barely spoke to the ex friend after that and we havent seen or heard anything about her since we left school, which was 6 years ago. But me and my best mate are still close and Im glad I havent lost her.

DarkLadyNyara
04-17-2006, 09:50 PM
I had a former friend start stalking me once.

*iloveme06*
04-18-2006, 02:25 AM
(DarkLadyNyara)
I had a former friend start stalking me once.
I don't think I've had anything that bad, but yeah. . .becareful who you piss off. . .especially if they know EVERYTHING about you. . .

I personally never really had any problems with any of my former friends, except for one. She kept trying to take all my friends away, and get them to dislike me. . .but little did she know they all couldn't STAND her!

Reine
04-18-2006, 02:45 AM
I havent really had anything like that, thatI can remember...

Most friends ive lost have mainly been because of different schools, losing contact, etc

Christmas
04-20-2023, 02:11 PM
My friend stabbed me from the back with an oversized sword when i was taking the head of my decapitated mother from outer space for a walk.:(