PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the CES Challenge.

feioncastor
04-10-2006, 06:03 AM
First of all, who here has successully done it?

And second:

Is it okay to recruit other characters, as long as you don't use them? For example, you need Locke to get Ultima, Life 2 and a few other spells and a lot of items. You need to get Relm to get Starlet. You need a few others to get a few other things that apply to Celes, Edgar and Setzer. Or are you supposed to head for Kefka's tower as soon as Setzer reveals the Falcon? Because I'd like to try it, but I want Genji Armor and Red Jacket and all of that noise.

Zeromus_X
04-10-2006, 06:18 AM
I've never attempted this, but it does sound fun. I did read an faq on accomplishing this, however.

In the guide I read, it said you can't recruit other characters, so no, you can't get Phoenix and those other espers that you get from recruiting other characters. (Cyan, Lock, and others I can't think of.) Of course, this is one guide I read, but I think that would make it more challenging.

It did say you could explore and get other things, so long as it doesn't nab you another character.

Besides, you have Echo Screens, don't you? ;) :cat:

Captain Maxx Power
04-10-2006, 09:40 AM
It's possible to get some of the best "stat increasing" espers without gaining any extra character. That's the main trick to it. You'll probably want to rely on physical attacks rather than magic. Of course you can be cheeky and half-complete side dungeons that have characters at their end, but not actually talk to them. It doesn't count as recruiting them...

TheAbominatrix
04-10-2006, 11:47 AM
Yeah, don't recruit them at all.

I did it, and it's quite fun. Changes the ending a bit, not significantly or anything, but it does.

ljkkjlcm9
04-10-2006, 12:09 PM
I've also done it, and I literally went straight to the tower after I got the Falcon (and some leveling) but yeah, I enjoyed the small ending changes

THE JACKEL

Flying Mullet
04-10-2006, 02:16 PM
Yeah, just like everyone else has said, you can't recruit them. That's part of what makes the challenge more difficult is that you can't get some of the best espers, eqiupment, etc... because you'd have to recruit the characters then.

-N-
04-15-2006, 11:18 AM
CES demands no recruitment of other members.

It's quite gratifying, although I probably used Vanish-Doom too much.

feioncastor
04-18-2006, 09:56 PM
It's quite gratifying, although I probably used Vanish-Doom too much.
I'm sure I'll do the same...

crono_logical
04-24-2006, 01:32 AM
I think my team were Level 66 when I did this :p And that was without the Vanish-Doom trick - one thing I didn't like using in that game as it takes the fun out of boss fights for me :p

chaos9071
04-27-2006, 11:37 PM
Thank god you have setzer with you because he can obtain the fixed dice and the offering which is what makes this challenge a snap. The whole point is to do it without getting locke and relm because then it is too easy. Besides it is fun to beat the game and have a majority of the cast not show up.

Spoiler Alert:
If you do this Terra in the endwill show up regardless if you take her or not . So yeah I have done it. It is funny to see other people rescue Celes instead of Locke.