PDA

View Full Version : FF VII will beat them all?

Avathar
04-10-2006, 02:17 PM
:cool: I call for a deathmatch between the characters of FFVII(except Cait Sith, no offence, kitty) and FFcharacters of another Final Fantasy.^^I already started with FFVII vs. FFX, so here we'll continue with

FFVII vs. FFIX

Cloud vs. Zidane
Vincent vs. Amarant
Cid vs. Freya
Aeris vs. Garnet
Yuffie vs. Eiko
Barret vs. Steiner
Tifa vs. Vivi
Red XIII vs. Quina

:cool: Who will win? Your comments decide.

Druggelz
04-10-2006, 02:23 PM
My Big winners:

Cloud vs. Zidane: Cloud
Vincent vs. Amarant: Vincent
Cid vs. Freya: Freya
Aeris vs. Garnet: Garnet
Yuffie vs. Eiko: Yuffie
Barret vs. Steiner: Tough one, I'd go fo Seifer if Vivi was with him, if not Barret would win
Tifa vs. Vivi: hmmm also a tough one, I think Tifa
Red XIII vs. Quina: Quina if he/she learnd a lot of good stuff

Darth Cid
04-10-2006, 03:38 PM
Zidane: This is without materia, which is a disadvantage to FFVII, FFIX when a ability is learned it's permamently on an FFIX character.

Cloud vs. Zidane - Zidane is quick enough to couter Omnislash
Vincent vs. Amarant - either way.
Cid vs. Freya - Freya actually Jumps
Aeris vs. Garnet - Aerith wouldn't stand a chance trpped in an arena against the Dagger herself, he'd be screaming for Cloud to help her. No Summon or Magic materia, :cry:, Garnet can naturally summon.
Yuffie vs. Eiko - Yuffie is just sad.
Barret vs. Steiner - Barret can overpower the Rusty man, but Steiner would give him a run for his gil.
Tifa vs. Vivi - Tifa could probably punch Vivi faster than he could cast
Red XIII vs. Quina - either way

Dell
04-10-2006, 04:10 PM
Cloud VS Zidane: Cloud - Zidane can only achieved 9999 Max HP, while Omnislash hit for 15 damage, which can destroy Zidane easily. Cloud is cooler than Zidane and his Ultima Weapon is better than Zidane's Ultima Weapon. Zidane's Grand Lethal is pathetic.

Vincent VS Amarant - Vincent, Chaos can eliminate him in second.

Cid VS Freya - Cid, Highwind can penetrate Freya. Dragon Crest wasn't that bad.

Aeris Vs Garnet - Garnet is weak, Aeris somehow can stand a chance with her, her Seal Evil should stop Garnet from healing, I give Aeris KotR secretly :radred:. I choose Garnet on this.

Yuffie VS Eiko - Eiko wouldn't stand a chance against an active and dextrous woman.

Barret VS Steiner - Catastrophe win, the dust man will not stand a chance.

Tifa VS Vivi - Before Vivi can even cast magic, Tifa will kick his butt off, though Vivi is my favourite.

Red XIII VS Quina - I support Red, He strong mentally and physically, while Quina is careless and stupid, his/her blue magic is strong, she will win if she keep doing Auto-Life, But Red XIII Cosmo Memory is my memory!

Beatrix VS Cait Sith - Beatrix though Cait Sith might stand a chance if he can do instant death attack.

Sephiroth VS Kuja - Super Nova vs Ultima?:mad: I wonder who will win? For Me, I choose Sephiroth.

I a FFVII fanboy though FFIX is my favourite forever.

Why isn't FFVIII isn't here, at least both of the greatest FF can give good match.

Go!!!! :kaocheer: FFVII :kaocheer:

ljkkjlcm9
04-10-2006, 04:19 PM
you people have to put things in perspective. The reason characters have moves that do so much damage is because the enemy has so much health, and to make you think you're awesome. I mean, they could reduce the enemies health down to 9999, but in that case you'd do like, 50 damage each hit max to make it interesting. SO you can't say, well he does 9999 damage 15 times, because that's just absurd. I mean, he has to take the damage to get the limit break first, and to get the full limit he needs to take more than 9999 damage total without dieing, and I'm gonna guess that this is with the characters basic abilities, otherwise it'd take forever, so in that case every FF9 character wins because of their abilities that actually make them different, while the FF7 characters are only different cause of limit breaks, i mean honestly, that's it.....

THE JACKEL

Darth Cid
04-10-2006, 04:21 PM
Zidane: I still say Zidane could counter Omnislash, like Seifer countered Zantetsuken.

you people have to put things in perspective. The reason characters have moves that do so much damage is because the enemy has so much health, and to make you think you're awesome. I mean, they could reduce the enemies health down to 9999, but in that case you'd do like, 50 damage each hit max to make it interesting. SO you can't say, well he does 9999 damage 15 times, because that's just absurd. I mean, he has to take the damage to get the limit break first, and to get the full limit he needs to take more than 9999 damage total without dieing, and I'm gonna guess that this is with the characters basic abilities, otherwise it'd take forever, so in that case every FF9 character wins because of their abilities that actually make them different, while the FF7 characters are only different cause of limit breaks, i mean honestly, that's it.....

THE JACKAL

Zidane: That sounds good to me.

Behold the Void
04-10-2006, 04:48 PM
I'm holding these to the fantastical realism standards I used to use when I was still doing the Grand Tournament.

Cloud vs. Zidane

Winner: Zidane

Zidane is a dagger wielder and he moves way too fast for Cloud's massive sword to reach. While Cloud moves quickly in Advent Children, assuming an equal level of growth and prowess Zidane would be moving faster still, and Cloud's weapon is just too damn big for him to get in a decent hit on Zidane. It might take Zidane quite a bit of time using hit and run tactics, but he wins out overall.

Vincent vs. Amarant

Vincent. Gun wounds are brutal and Amarant's close range focus and limited throw range make him an easy target for successive sniping by Vincent.

Cid vs. Freya

Freya. This one is a judgement by world and by apparent training. Freya is a warrior trained exclusively in the use of a spear. Cid is a pilot who happens to know how to use a Spear.

Aeris vs. Garnet

I'm going with Garnet on this one because she is a natural summoner. Aeris can have summon materia equipped, yes, but I'm going to give it to Garnet given that Garnet's ability to summon is limited only to her MP.

Yuffie vs. Eiko

Eiko. Ninja tricks pale in comparison to the Holy spell and Eiko's own Eidolons.

Barret vs. Steiner

Barret. Bullets have the force and propulsion to penetrate heavier armor, and have greater range than Steiner's sword. Not to mention the fact that Steiner is too slow to get close enough to Barret to do any damage.

Tifa vs. Vivi

Vivi. If a warrior faces a spellcaster and both go all-out, the spellcaster will win simply because they have a much higher damage output, range, and variety between their attacks. The limits of a spellcaster is that they have a limited MP which forces you to use it sparingly in normal battles. In this case, Vivi would drain all of his MP to win, and Tifa wouldn't stand a chance.

Red XIII vs. Quina

This is an interesting one but I'm going to give it to Red XIII, because he's a lot faster than Quina is. Quina's Blue Magic is potent, but with Red XIII's own magical prowess and sheer speed he would win out eventually.

Dell
04-10-2006, 05:52 PM
I'm holding these to the fantastical realism standards I used to use when I was still doing the Grand Tournament.

Cloud vs. Zidane

Zidane is a dagger wielder and he moves way too fast for Cloud's massive sword to reach. While Cloud moves quickly in Advent Children, assuming an equal level of growth and prowess Zidane would be moving faster still, and Cloud's weapon is just too damn big for him to get in a decent hit on Zidane. It might take Zidane quite a bit of time using hit and run tactics, but he wins out overall.

Vincent vs. Amarant

Vincent. Gun wounds are brutal and Amarant's close range focus and limited throw range make him an easy target for successive sniping by Vincent.

Cid vs. Freya

Freya. This one is a judgement by world and by apparent training. Freya is a warrior trained exclusively in the use of a spear. Cid is a pilot who happens to know how to use a Spear.

Aeris vs. Garnet

I'm going with Garnet on this one because she is a natural summoner. Aeris can have summon materia equipped, yes, but I'm going to give it to Garnet given that Garnet's ability to summon is limited only to her MP.

Yuffie vs. Eiko

Eiko. Ninja tricks pale in comparison to the Holy spell and Eiko's own Eidolons.

Barret vs. Steiner

Barret. Bullets have the force and propulsion to penetrate heavier armor, and have greater range than Steiner's sword. Not to mention the fact that Steiner is too slow to get close enough to Barret to do any damage.

Tifa vs. Vivi

Vivi. If a warrior faces a spellcaster and both go all-out, the spellcaster will win simply because they have a much higher damage output, range, and variety between their attacks. The limits of a spellcaster is that they have a limited MP which forces you to use it sparingly in normal battles. In this case, Vivi would drain all of his MP to win, and Tifa wouldn't stand a chance.

Red XIII vs. Quina

This is an interesting one but I'm going to give it to Red XIII, because he's a lot faster than Quina is. Quina's Blue Magic is potent, but with Red XIII's own magical prowess and sheer speed he would win out eventually.

About Cloud VS Zidane:
I disagree, the hit rate Omnislash can does is high, it's impossible to avoid, Zidane is pathetic.

About Cid VS Freya:
hm, I might reconsider this...

Yuffie VS Eiko:
hm, this is one is tough, Yuffie have a high evade rate and very fast, while Eiko's magic is strong, In FFIX, you can avoid magic, so Yuffie is teh best choice, summon isn't a factor, Eiko's summon is pathetic, Garnet summon is the best (I prefer Yuna).

Tifa VS Vivi:
Tifa will win, Tifa is a fighter, fighter use less MP. Fighter attack are pretty decent, so Tifa can stilll strike Vivi easily.

this fight is boring, I want FFVII VS FFVIII !!!

Twilight Edge
04-10-2006, 05:57 PM
Cloud vs. Zidane-Omnislash can bust Zidane's butt anytime,anywhere.
Vincent vs. Amarant-Hey,one can transform,the other's just a normal human.
Cid vs. Freya-Freya jumps so high that Cid can only stand on earth waiting to be speared.
Aeris vs. Garnet-Draw.Aeris' Seal Evil can silence enemies therefore making Garnet unable to summon Eidolons.Unless Garnet attacks before she does,which kills Aeris instantly,no sweat.Though Aeris' my favourite.
Yuffie vs. Eiko-C'mon,could there even be any match between these two?
Barret vs. Steiner-Steiner's Shock never works against Barret's catastrophic attacks.
Tifa vs. Vivi-I want to see Tifa kick Vivi's butt and it's reality because Tifa can surely attack before Vivi can cast any magic.
Red XIII vs. Quina-No comment.

Elpizo
04-10-2006, 06:05 PM
Everybody here says about Cloud vs Zidane:

Cloud will win. But that's all because of his Omnislash. Cloud using Omnislash or Zidane's Grand Lethal? Think about it.

I never seen Omnislash, so excuse me if I'm wrong, but for using Omnislash, Cloud needs to come close to Zidane, while Grand Lethal is a long rage attack. So ehm, in this case, I think Zidane would win.

And what if your holy awesome Cloud (which I mean sarcastic) doesn't have his uber-powerful Omnislash?

NeoCracker
04-10-2006, 06:10 PM
First off to ViVi Ultima, the Grand Lethal of Zidane is also unavoidable. Seeing how they will both reach Limit and trance around the same time, its probably safe to assume Omni Slash and Grand Lethal will go off at the same time. And Grand LEthal doesn't need to be close range. So as long as Zidane keeps his distance, Grand Lethal would hit Cloud taking him out before Zidane was hit with Omnislash.

Cloud vs. Zidane - Zidane for above Explanation

Vincent vs. Amarant - Hard one. Seeing Amarant move around he would be a difficult target for Vincing, and if He got close enough Vincint would get his but kicked. And with Amarants own throwing abilities and some of his moves Like Chakra I'd have to give it to Amamant, but not by a lot.

Cid vs. Freya - I love Cid, but its got to go to Freya. Here ablities naturally seem more impressive then Cid's.
Aeris vs. Garnet - Garnet. Garnet has while they both have powerful healing, Garnet seems like a stronger summoner, which appears to be the best way to decide that battle since physically they both suck.

Yuffie vs. Eiko - Yuffie. While Eiko does have Holy, he can't take much of a hit, and would probably be forced you use to much MP to heal herself, plus she's just a little girl whose experience pales in comparason to an expert Ninja's.

Barret vs. Steiner - barret. He's got auto-guns man.

Tifa vs. Vivi - ViVi. Tifa would fall before the might of Flare.

Red XIII vs. Quina - Sadly I say Quina. It has the advantage of Auto-life and quickly following up with Limit Gauntlet, which by the time it hits that point I'll almost Garuntee REd will have taking quite a bit of a beating as it is.

Darth Cid
04-10-2006, 06:36 PM

Cloud will win. But that's all because of his Omnislash. Cloud using Omnislash or Zidane's Grand Lethal? Think about it.

I never seen Omnislash, so excuse me if I'm wrong, but for using Omnislash, Cloud needs to come close to Zidane, while Grand Lethal is a long rage attack. So ehm, in this case, I think Zidane would win.

And what if your holy awesome Cloud (which I mean sarcastic) doesn't have his uber-powerful Omnislash?

Zidane: We can use more people that think like you, Elpizo, Omnislash is pathetic anyway, it makes FFVII way too easy. Cloud would get his ass handed to him by Zidane, Zidane is too smart to stand still long enough for Cloud to get close to him, and Limit Breaks last one turn, Trance lasts multiple turns; therefore, Zidane cast Grand Lethal even as Cloud tries the Omnislash, Cloud takes 9999 damage and falls, Cloud got pwnd, if Cloud keeps coming, Zidane moves out of the way, casts Grand Lethal again, uber-PWND.

Elpizo
04-10-2006, 07:12 PM

Zidane: We can use more people that think like you, Elpizo, Omnislash is pathetic anyway, it makes FFVII way too easy. Cloud would get his ass handed to him by Zidane, Zidane is too smart to stand still long enough for Cloud to get close to him, and Limit Breaks last one turn, Trance lasts multiple turns; therefore, Zidane cast Grand Lethal even as Cloud tries the Omnislash, Cloud takes 9999 damage and falls, Cloud got pwnd, if Cloud keeps coming, Zidane moves out of the way, casts Grand Lethal again, uber-PWND.
Thank you. First time anyone on this forum says I'm of any use. :)

I think Zidane can cast Grand Lethal 3 times before his Trance stops.
The only problem is that Grand Lethal takes a lot of MP. Not that I don't like that. cause otherwise, the game would get a bit to easy...
Grand Lethal was great when I battled the Ark in FF IX, disk 3.

But oh, I don't think CLoud can take more than one or max two Grand Lethals anyway.
His max HP is 9999, right?

And anotehr thing, which might be wrong, correct me if it is.
But Omnislash is only very good if Cloud is at lv 99.
It can kill Safer Sephiroth with way to much ease. Not in one hit, of course, but still so much to make Sephiroth 'THE' uber-cool villain ever, a wimp. But that's only when you are at lv 99...

I don't see Grand Lethal doing so much Damage to Necorn that the battle suddenly becomes very easy. But that's what makes the battles in IX so fun.
I never cared about Limit Breaks. I rather have Trance.

But I think I'm going off-topic.

NeoCracker
04-10-2006, 07:41 PM
Forgot abouts Airis and Garnet, I'll give it to Garnet

NeoCracker
04-10-2006, 07:47 PM
Here's the Current standings

Cloud Vs. Zidane: 4 - 4 Tie
Vincent Vs. Amarant: 4 - 1 Vincent
Cid Vs. Freya: 5 - 1 Freya
Aeris Vs. Garnet: 5 - 0 Garnet
Yuffie Vs. Eiko: 4 - 3 Yuffie
Barret Vs. Steiner: 6 - 0 Steiner
Tifa Vs. ViVi: 5 - 2 Tifa
Red XIII Vs. Quina: 2 -2 Tie

Please correct any mistakes i probably made

Avathar
04-10-2006, 08:47 PM
^^And here are my votes (:confused: at how many should we stop the voting for this match?)

Cloud vs. Zidane = Cloud
Vincent vs. Amarant = Vincent
Cid vs. Freya = Freya
Aeris vs. Garnet = Garnet
Yuffie vs. Eiko = Yuffie
Barret vs. Steiner = Steiner (no votes for Steiner?? Did everyone forget his amazing swordskills?)
Tifa vs. Vivi = Tifa
Red XIII vs. Quina = Quina

Heero Yuy NWZC
04-10-2006, 09:06 PM
Results:

Cloud vs. Zidane-- Victor: Zidane
Vincent vs. Amarant-- Victor: Vincent
Cid vs. Freya-- Victor: Freya
Aeris vs. Garnet-- Victor: Garnet
Yuffie vs. Eiko-- Victor: Yuffie
Barret vs. Steiner-- Victor: Steiner
Tifa vs. Vivi-- Victor: Vivi
Red XIII vs. Quina-- Victor: Red XIII

EDIT: Sorry, is this round over?:confused:

NeoCracker
04-10-2006, 09:09 PM
Cloud Vs. Zidane: 5 - 5 Tie
Vincent Vs. Amarant: 6 - 1 Vincent
Cid Vs. Freya: 7 - 1 Freya
Aeris Vs. Garnet: 7 - 0 Garnet
Yuffie Vs. Eiko: 6 - 3 Yuffie
Barret Vs. Steiner: 6 - 2 Steiner
Tifa Vs. ViVi: 6 - 3 Tifa
Red XIII Vs. Quina: 3 -3 Tie

This is what its at now. I say we end it after two more votes.

Heero Yuy NWZC
04-10-2006, 09:16 PM
Is that the modified one including mine? :confused:

Behold the Void
04-10-2006, 09:17 PM

Cloud vs. Zidane

Vincent vs. Amarant

Cid vs. Freya

Aeris vs. Garnet

Yuffie vs. Eiko

Barret vs. Steiner

Tifa vs. Vivi

Red XIII vs. Quina

About Cloud VS Zidane:
I disagree, the hit rate Omnislash can does is high, it's impossible to avoid, Zidane is pathetic.

About Cid VS Freya:
hm, I might reconsider this...

Yuffie VS Eiko:
hm, this is one is tough, Yuffie have a high evade rate and very fast, while Eiko's magic is strong, In FFIX, you can avoid magic, so Yuffie is teh best choice, summon isn't a factor, Eiko's summon is pathetic, Garnet summon is the best (I prefer Yuna).

Tifa VS Vivi:
Tifa will win, Tifa is a fighter, fighter use less MP. Fighter attack are pretty decent, so Tifa can stilll strike Vivi easily.

this fight is boring, I want FFVII VS FFVIII !!!

With the exception of Squall, Zidane is the most skilled fighter (rogue, actually, but still very skilled) out of any of the new-gen Final Fantasy heroes. He's actually very skilled, and I am comparing these in a straight fight, not a number-crunch. Cloud's Omnislash is quick, yes, but I have little doubt that Zidane could avoid it. Remember also that I'm working under the assumption that every attack is dodgeable.

With regards to Yuffie against Eiko, Eiko has plenty of summons that can do a lot of damage or are otherwise useful in a utility aspect. If we assume some kind of system like FFX (which is most logical, essentially allowing for the fact that a summon can intercept some kind of attack when it is called forth), Eiko can summon something to keep Yuffie occupied before frying her with Holy.

With regards to Vivi against Tifa, Tifa has to get close enough to Vivi to be able to harm him. That means she has to not get blasted by Vivi's spells as she approaches, which is hard to do given their wide area of effect.

NeoCracker
04-10-2006, 09:23 PM
Is that the modified one including mine? :confused:

Yes

ljkkjlcm9
04-10-2006, 11:55 PM
Hey, I voted for every single FFIX character to beat every single FFVII character, I just didn't type it out, so give every FFIX character another point.

oh and to make the score thing clearer it should be as such(update with my scores too)

Cloud Vs. Zidane: 5 - 6
Vincent Vs. Amarant: 6 - 2
Cid Vs. Freya: 1 - 7
Aeris Vs. Garnet: 0 - 7
Yuffie Vs. Eiko: 6 - 3
Barret Vs. Steiner: 6 - 3
Tifa Vs. ViVi: 6 - 4
Red XIII Vs. Quina: 3 -4

Just put the score as it corresponds to the name, makes much more sense

THE JACKEL

Zeromus_X
04-11-2006, 12:25 AM
Regarding Cloud vs. Zidane: Well, it depends on who gets to use Trance/ Limit Break first. Grand Lethal is almost guaranteed to to 9,999 damage, which is all that's needed. And of course, Cloud has his overkill, Omnislash. So it doesn't matter if Cloud can hit more times, one strike from either would kill the other. And since Zidane is a thief (in other words, pretty quick.), he'd strike first. Or it'd do like 9,997 damage, and then he'd be screwed.

Anyway, everyone loses, because Kitten Sith uses 'Game Over'. Haha. :cat: :love: :tonberry:

Ballistix Man
04-11-2006, 12:40 AM
Cloud vs. Zidane- Cloud assuming we take AC into account
Vincent vs. Amarant- Vincent
Cid vs. Freya- Freya
Aeris vs. Garnet- Aeris
Yuffie vs. Eiko- Yuffie not taking the FFX summon system into play
Barret vs. Steiner- A gatling cannon can take out a suit of armor in no time.
Tifa vs. Vivi-Tifa. Tifas faster and 1 or 2 hits and Viviis gone.
Red XIII vs. Quina- I lol'ed. Red XIII of coarse.

Of coarse I'm a shameless FF VII fanboy so my opinion is biased. Heavily biased.

Dell
04-11-2006, 10:34 AM
Cloud VS Zidane - Cloud can do 9999 damage with every hit of Omnislash at level 59 (my data). Do you remember the wind that protecting Cloud when Cloud about to used Omnislash, Grand Lethal animation is too long and he take time to determine the target, while Cloud Omnislash is fast with two swing and he does it, even if it hit, may be the wind will repel the attack or halving the attack. Omnislash is fast than Grand Lethal - 1 hit vs 15 hit? come on, we already know the winner. Grand Lethal is the one who make FFIX easy. With three Grand Lethal, Kuja will has his HP halved. Safer Sephiroth HP depend on Cloud Stat, I need to use 3 KotR to win him on my other data.

Tifa VS Vivi - I agree with Ballistix Man, Tifa attack could kill Vivi plus with her limit break, which use all including Final Heaven.

That's my opinion.
I wonder who will win if.....
GF and Summon Materia is not included
Cloud vs Squall - Squall, Lionheart inflict one more damage than Omnislash.
Aeris vs Rinoa - Rinoa, with a lot of magic, Aeris can be killed easily.
Tifa vs Zell - Zell, Men are active than woman, both of them are strong yet men have hidden abilities.
Vincent vs Irvine - Vincent, Vincent is fast and strong, Irvine cannot cacth up with him.
Yuffie vs Quistis - Yuffie, Quistis whips attack will be avoided by ninja easily, blue magic aren't enough.
Barret vs Seifer - Barret, long-range attack can kill Seifer easily.
Cait Sith vs Edea - Edea, with cold sound and the freeze hand, puppet wouldn't stand a chance.
Cid vs Laguna - Cid, Laguna is weak and Highwind penetrate him enough.
Red XIII vs Selphie - Red XIII, beast can kill a girl easily

Avathar
04-11-2006, 11:27 AM
That's my opinion.
I wonder who will win if.....
GF and Summon Materia is not included
Cloud vs Squall - Squall, Lionheart inflict one more damage than Omnislash.
Aeris vs Rinoa - Rinoa, with a lot of magic, Aeris can be killed easily.
Tifa vs Zell - Zell, Men are active than woman, both of them are strong yet men have hidden abilities.
Vincent vs Irvine - Vincent, Vincent is fast and strong, Irvine cannot cacth up with him.
Yuffie vs Quistis - Yuffie, Quistis whips attack will be avoided by ninja easily, blue magic aren't enough.
Barret vs Seifer - Barret, long-range attack can kill Seifer easily.
Cait Sith vs Edea - Edea, with cold sound and the freeze hand, puppet wouldn't stand a chance.
Cid vs Laguna - Cid, Laguna is weak and Highwind penetrate him enough.
Red XIII vs Selphie - Red XIII, beast can kill a girl easily

^^I actually a different line up for

FFVII vs. FFVIII

Cloud vs. Squall
Aeris vs. Rinoa
Tifa vs. Quistis
Vincent vs. Irvine
Yuffie vs. Selphie
Barret vs. Laguna
Cid vs. Seifer
Red XIII vs. Zell
(and yeah, then Cait Sith vs. Edea:p )

Kyros
04-11-2006, 05:20 PM
Cloud vs. Squall - Squall cuz his 255% hit ratio and junctioning is infinitely better than any other FF system ever

Aeris vs. Rinoa - Rinoa, sorceress with insane powers and a dog that gives invincibility...nuff said

Tifa vs. Quistis - Tifa, sorry Quistis but Tifa's a favorite <3 Plus, Tifa seemed a little tougher o.o

Vincent vs. Irvine - Vincent just cuz I wanna see Irvine get punched in the face ^^

Yuffie vs. Selphie - Yuffie, I hated Selphie and she only had a couple good things and they were all in her limit break -_-;

Barret vs. Laguna - Laguna was a veteran and had better combat training...plus he's cooler ^^

Cid vs. Seifer - Seifer (even though I like Cid better) cuz Seifer was better trained >.>;

Red XIII vs. Zell - Zell because his limit break was much better and could last longer in a fight

Cait Sith vs. Edea - XD Edea <3 ^_^

Avathar
04-11-2006, 06:24 PM
Cloud vs. Squall = Squall
Aeris vs. Rinoa = Rinoa
Tifa vs. Quistsi = Tifa
Vincent vs. Irvine = Vincent
Yuffie vs. Selphie = Yuffie
Barret vs. Laguna = Laguna
Cid vs. Seifer = Cid
Red XIII vs. Zell = Zell

(Cait Sith vs. Edea = Edea:p )

Lychon
04-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Without much thought, this is how I see it:

Cloud vs. Squall = Squall
Aeris vs. Rinoa = Aeris
Tifa vs. Quistsi = Quistis
Vincent vs. Irvine = Irvine
Yuffie vs. Selphie = Yuffie
Barret vs. Laguna = Laguna
Cid vs. Seifer = Cid
Red XIII vs. Zell = Red XIII

-LYCHON

P.S.: FFVIII > All :D

Behold the Void
04-11-2006, 06:56 PM
Cloud vs. Squall

Squall wins, hands-down. He's faster, he's far better trained, and his weapon can be used for projectile attacks. Plus the whole GF thing.

Aeris vs. Rinoa

Tough one because neither are particularily strong. I'm going to have to give this to Aeris because of her magical strength. Rinoa's weapon is also absolutely abominable, as opposed to Aeris' which is somewhat useful. I don't think Angelo makes a whole lot of difference in this case either, so Aeris wins.

Tifa vs. Quistis

Tifa's faster and she's skilled enough to dodge the whip patterns. She beats Quistis with little difficulty.

Vincent vs. Irvine

I'll give this one to Vincent. Vincent's a lot faster and his transformations are better. Irvine might match him weapon for weapon, but Vincent's got more tricks up his sleeve.

Yuffie vs. Selphie

Yuffie. They're probably about equal in strength but Yuffie's speed is superior, and their training looks to be about on par.

Barret vs. Laguna

Laguna, he seems a lot more skilled and as a soldier, he probably has a better grasp on such tactics as "taking cover", which I don't believe Barrett has mastered.

Cid vs. Seifer

Seifer. While I love the spear, Cid isn't particularily skilled, unlike Seifer who is very well trained, much as Squall is. The range of the gunblade's shots would exceed that of the spear, and Seifer is fast enough to avoid the spear attacks and gun Cid down.

Red XIII vs. Zell

Red XIII wins, he's faster and has better magic potential. Plus, his strange form makes it difficult for Zell to land a hit, what with his acrobatic flips and all.

ljkkjlcm9
04-11-2006, 07:36 PM
once again, except this time for both games the only difference is their limit breaks, and in this case it's easier for an FFVIII character to get a limit break, so, every FFVIII character wins

THE JACKEL

Dell
04-12-2006, 04:52 PM
Ok, how about we compare FFVIII with FFIX next?

ljkkjlcm9
04-12-2006, 05:19 PM
Ok, how about we compare FFVIII with FFIX next?
FFIX wins for reasons previously stated...

THE JACKEL

Avathar
04-15-2006, 02:25 PM
FFVII vs. FFVI

Cloud vs. Locke
Aeris vs. Terra
Tifa vs. Celes
Barret vs. Sabin
Red XIII vs. Gau
Cid vs. Edgar
Vincent vs. Shadow
Yuffie vs. Relm

and Cait Sith..hm....vs. Mog:D

ljkkjlcm9
04-15-2006, 03:25 PM
FFVII vs. FFVI

Cloud vs. Locke
Aeris vs. Terra
Tifa vs. Celes
Barret vs. Sabin
Red XIII vs. Gau
Cid vs. Edgar
Vincent vs. Shadow
Yuffie vs. Relm

and Cait Sith..hm....vs. Mog:D
sigh. FFVI characters have abilities that make them unique, FFVII characters don't, FFVI wins (btw, I don't understand your pairings.... AT ALL)

THE JACKEL

Darth Cid
04-15-2006, 03:38 PM
sigh. FFVI characters have abilities that make them unique, FFVII characters don't, FFVI wins (btw, I don't understand your pairings.... AT ALL)

THE JACKAL

Zidane: I agree, FFVI would pwn FFVII just as FFIX would pwn FFVII, it's a fact of life, the "incredible" materia system is flawed, no FFVII characters have no unique abilities where FFVI and FFIX do, when an FFVII character uses materia, it doesn't matter how much time you spend with that materia, the ability is not permanently imbued in you, as it is for battle systems like IX and VI

Avathar
04-15-2006, 03:48 PM
^^how would you do the pairings, then? (might be better)

ljkkjlcm9
04-15-2006, 05:30 PM
^^how would you do the pairings, then? (might be better)
doesn't make a difference, any FFVI character could beat any FFVII character

THE JACKEL

Ballistix Man
04-15-2006, 06:27 PM
doesn't make a difference, any FFVI character could beat any FFVII character

THE JACKAL
No

ljkkjlcm9
04-15-2006, 08:33 PM
No

ok prove me wrong, with the characters actual abilities and health and everything, we'll say every character is maxed out, who from FFVII could win?

THE JACKEL

Ballistix Man
04-15-2006, 10:08 PM
Didnt everyones abilities get taken away at the end of FF VI

Zeromus_X
04-15-2006, 10:20 PM
I guess I'd do my comparison, since, y'know, I can read and what-not. :cat: Avathar picked the characters which share the same characteristics and fit under the same stock character, even if they have different personalities. Well, it seems that way to me.

Cloud vs. Locke

Kinda like Zidane. Lock is fast, and could probably steal Cloud's materia and weapons. (And, maybe clothing! :p) Lock.

Aeris vs. Terra

Uh...Tina. I...Aerith is cool and all, but...

Tifa vs. Celes

Since Tifa seems to be a physical fighter, Celes couldn't Runic Spells, but Celes could nuke her with magic provided she didn't get close...Undecided
Barret vs. Sabin

Barret has a gun. Barret

Red XIII vs. Gau

Interesting. Gau would have a wider variety of abilities, but he can't really control himself, so...Undecided.

Cid vs. Edgar

Cid is rather mediocre, but Edgar has all his gadgets and gizmos and such. I'm going for Edgar, although if Cid had his Highwind Limit Break...

Vincent vs. Shadow

Well, this too I can't really decide for sure. Shadow might be skilled enough to evade Vincent's attacks, plus speed, throwing stars, and Interceptor. Although if Vincent Transforms, hm...

Yuffie vs. Relm

Aw, I like both! :( Oh well, whatever Yuffie does, Relm Pictomances it back at her. Bye Yuffie-witten! :cat:

Avathar
04-16-2006, 12:48 AM
Cloud vs. Locke= Cloud

Aeris vs. Terra= Terra

Tifa vs. Celes= Celes

Barret vs. Sabin= Sabin

Red XIII vs. Gau= Red XIII

Cid vs. Edgar= Cid

Vincent vs. Shadow= Vincent

Yuffie vs. Relm= Relm

^_^;

Ballistix Man
04-16-2006, 01:02 AM
Barret would own Sabin.

Swanky
04-16-2006, 01:27 AM
Well, if we are talking Advent Children, then yes, they will beat them all from FF8-10.

Avathar
04-16-2006, 01:35 AM
It's FFVII, not any other FFVII related;) .

And Barret vs. Sabin...i'm not so sure, i made Sabin my strongest character in the game (with Jump and Genji Glove and all..)

ljkkjlcm9
04-16-2006, 02:23 AM
Didnt everyones abilities get taken away at the end of FF VI

no technically only the magic abilities did, therefore most characters are still awesome, it's namely just like, terra and celes, and strago that are screwed over

Barret would own Sabin.

do you realize how fast bum rush is, it's pummel over and over and over again. Sabin moves way too fast for a bullet to even hit him... sorry

All right people, I'll say this one last time. Take any character from THE GAME(what about AC? Yeah, they purposely made them to be gods in that movie, because it's cool to see, but nothing in the actual game even resembles stuff that happens in that movie), which is all we really know about any characters, and pit them against any character from another game, the only thing that makes FFVII characters different from one another is their limits, blah he has a gun, doesn't matter in a game fight.... anyways, FFVII character limits need more than their max health taken off, for them to be able to do it, so they'd be dead before a limit, character abilities can be accessed anytime, therefore the character with abilities would win.

THE JACKEL