PDA

View Full Version : question

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-10-2006, 11:39 PM
i wanna play ff11 on the ps2 but i dont have online, is it possible to play without online?

Ouch!
04-10-2006, 11:41 PM
No, it's not.

Seriously, people, it's an MMORPG. This question pops up far too often. That's what the FAQ is for. It says in big bold letters: there is no offline gameplay. I can't believe this question still pops up years after it came out.

Miriel
04-10-2006, 11:43 PM
You know, God kills a Mithra everytime someone asks this question and doesn't read the FAQ (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=58856). Especially this (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=1044925&postcount=2) specific post in the FAQ.

Think of the poor Mithras. :(

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-10-2006, 11:48 PM
i heard it brings online, can this be true?

Levian
04-10-2006, 11:53 PM
Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?Can this be played offline?

That should do the trick. I never really liked Mithras.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-11-2006, 01:32 AM
errmmm i was looking for the game, and it says it even brings a harddrive http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2432441 for $100 thtz not bad so if i buy this will i get online?

Leucant
04-11-2006, 01:45 AM
No you actually have to buy an online setup for your PS2 seperatly. However if you don't have broadband I seriously recommend you stay away from this game. I've played FFXI on dial-up and it's okay but it can be a major pain in the ass. All together you should spend about 156 dollars or so a year in monthly fees too so you should factor that in before buying it. Other than that it's an awesome experience and one of my favorite FF's oddly enough.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-11-2006, 01:56 AM
No you actually have to buy an online setup for your PS2 seperatly. However if you don't have broadband I seriously recommend you stay away from this game. I've played FFXI on dial-up and it's okay but it can be a major pain in the ass. All together you should spend about 156 dollars or so a year in monthly fees too so you should factor that in before buying it. Other than that it's an awesome experience and one of my favorite FF's oddly enough.
woa woa, wut online setup?

Miriel
04-11-2006, 02:48 AM
To play FINAL FANTASY XI for PlayStation 2, you will need:
# PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system
# Network Adaptor (Ethernet/modem) (for PlayStation 2)
# FINAL FANTASY XI for PlayStation 2
# Internal Hard Disk Drive (40GB) (for PlayStation 2)
# USB keyboard (highly recommended)
# Internet connection
# Visa or MasterCard

Since PS2 has discontinued the hard drive, I suggest that you play it on the computer or xBox instead.

Markus. D
04-11-2006, 09:42 AM
what they said.

Rostum
04-11-2006, 09:56 AM
Hey Tsukasa, I started playing that MMO in your sig. I'm just going to get to level 20 to fly around cause otherwise it's such a shallow game. xD Fun though.

Markus. D
04-11-2006, 12:51 PM
xD yeah, I am stuck on story quest 3, exploring the dungeon, even with Juria, is really diffucult, but apparently the plot is about an alian invasion, which is just awesome.

Yeargdribble
04-11-2006, 01:46 PM
Someone should make a thread with no text in it... just a title and sticky it.

"Important: YOU CANNOT PLAY FFXI OFFLINE"

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-11-2006, 03:39 PM
# Internet connection
# Visa or MasterCard

Since PS2 has discontinued the hard drive, I suggest that you play it on the computer or xBox instead.
ff 11 has monthly payments!?!?!? WTF
they discontinued the hard drive? how come there still selling it???
doesnt the game bring a hard drive and network adaptor???

Miriel
04-11-2006, 08:00 PM
Tifa's Real Lover(really, you're killing us here.

Of course this game has monthly payments, most MMORPGs do. You can find the details in the FAQ (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=58856) if you would only read it. Yes, Sony has discontinued the harddrive for PS2. Why are they still selling the hard drive or FFXI? I don't really understand your question. I'm sure you can still find the hard drive on places like Ebay, but if you were referring to FFXI, they're still selling it because you can still play the game on the PC or XBox. The game does not come with a hard drive or a network adaptor. You would need to get those things seperately. Since doing so is complicated, I would suggest you play on the PC.

But given your obvious reluctance to read the FAQ (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=58856), I would suggest you not play the game at all until you've done some research on it and read up on the facts.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-11-2006, 10:16 PM
this is gonna take a while, thxs guys, especially Miriel, uve been most helpful

Rostum
04-11-2006, 11:39 PM
# Internet connection
# Visa or MasterCard

ff 11 has monthly payments!?!?!? WTF
they discontinued the hard drive? how come there still selling it???
doesnt the game bring a hard drive and network adaptor???

I don't think this is the game for you. You probably won't like it much.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-11-2006, 11:48 PM
i like rpgs <3

Ouch!
04-11-2006, 11:57 PM
I agree wholeheartedly with Omecle. Based on your reaction to learning that FFXI had monthly fees, it probably isn't the game for you. From the looks of it, you really don't know a whole lot about Final Fantasy XI. It's really something you should look into before you decide you want to play it. FFXI is ridiculously demanding. It's not like other RPGs you play offline.

Yeargdribble
04-12-2006, 01:43 AM
I'll have to agree that this doesn't sound like your type of game. If it shocks you that there are monthly fees you probably don't understand the kinda game FFXI is. Like was already mentioned it is very demanding. If you weren't able to look up enough info to find out that it was online only and had a monthly fee you will not make it very far.

There is only a limited amount of information you can really get directly from the game and the learning curve is very steep. I'd say you don't really encounter a lot of the 'fun' stuff until you've been playing for quite a while and I think FFXI would frustrate you a lot.

Markus. D
04-12-2006, 05:52 AM
he speaks the truth.