PDA

View Full Version : Do use BHPL and/or BMPL?

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
04-10-2006, 11:50 PM
Just wondering who here does/doesn't use break hp and/or break mp limit. post your opinion above, then please state why as well. i'm wondering whether or not to use them in my current file

also, what do you think is the ultimate weapon/armour combo? here is my opinion:

weapon:
evade and counter
triple overdrive
alchemy - when used with auto-phoenix, automatically restores characters to full health upon death.
triple AP

armour:
ribbon
auto-phoenix
auto-haste
auto-potion - sell all potions other than X-potions for instat recovery when damaged

what do we think?

Tavrobel
04-11-2006, 12:17 AM
The ultimate Weapon combination is the Celestial Weapons, because they have 4 abilities, including the hidden Ability, Celestial Attack, which nulls the Celestial Armor effect of most Creation bosses/Mimics, which randomly reduces your attack if not using a Celestial Weapon. The rate of Celestial Defense is 50%, but with a Celestial Weapon, the rate is reduced to lower than 10%.

The best armor possible is BHPL, BMPL, Ribbon, and Deathproof, Int version only. This means you survive every attack, have enough MP to spare, can't get hit by any status, and you never have to use Life if you know Auto-Life, which has the same recovery time as a normal attack.

Wimps.

Can't handle EVERY SINGLE STATUS AT ONCE. I laugh at you Europeans and Japanese. Be a man and get fed your spoon of confusion/berserk/poison.

I use BHPL because it is awesome to see 50k values for HP and be unstoppable enough to survive Ultra Sparks. But not BMPL, because I don't use enough MP to waste it all in one round.

The AP setup is good for gaining Sphere levels.

Triple AP
Triple Overdrive
Overdrive --> AP
SoS Overdrive (optional)

TheSpoonyBard
04-11-2006, 09:27 AM
If you're using BHPL then the best armour is

BHPL
Auto-Regen
Auto-Haste
Auto-Protect

I don't use BHPL as there are more downsides than benefits. BMPL is one of the most useless armour ability in the game.

Other good armour combinations are

Monster Arena:

Auto-Phoenix
Auto-Haste
Auto-Potion
Auto-Protect

Dark Aeons:

Ribbon/Stoneproof
Auto-Phoenix
Auto-Haste
Auto-Protect

Penance:

Auto-Haste
Auto-Protect
Auto-Potion
Defence+20%

With regards to weapons I usually go with the CW as they ignore Defence, though for Lulu I customise BDL, Magic Booster, One MP Cost and Magic +20%. I only use her to cast magic so this is better than her Onion Knight.

Dell
04-11-2006, 09:39 AM
:eek: Wow, you all beat me.
I never used BHPL, BMPL. (It's because it required a lot to bribe and a lot to kill monster arena boss)

I was thinking of getting
Break HP Limit
Break MP Limit
Auto-Phoenix
Ribbon

But.....you all opinion change me, I think Celestial Weapon is the best but you all say it is not the best :eek: . How can it be........I spend two months to get Celestial Weapon. NO!!!!!

Whatever, I just use the Celestial Weapon and beat DA, MA, Penance myself. My party Tidus, Auron, Wakka can already deal 99999 damage.

4evarisha
04-14-2006, 02:37 AM
4 some ppl both 4 some ppl none.

rubah
04-14-2006, 04:16 PM
I started using BHPL after I started getting them dropped from nemesis. Before then, I didn't care to spend the time customizing them nor did I care. (I did use auron's that Omega Weapon dropped a few times though)

Clearly the best weapons are the celestials, but I haven't ever gotten caladbolg, so I just make tidus an Excalibur with some dark matter. I think I put something else on there, but I can't think what xD

I have several sets of armor depending on what is being fought.

For in general fighting, these are awesome
Auto Haste
Auto Protect

and whatever else you feel like putting on. I'm almost POSITIVE defense+ doesn't help any more if you have your stats max'd, but I could be wrong:]

Tavrobel
04-14-2006, 08:42 PM
It does, and like all stats above 255, the returns are diminishing. So, 20% extra defense means the difference between a 735 attack to a 730 damage attack. Non consequential if you have 9999+ HP.

With my Excalibur, I just recreated the conditions and abilities on Caladbolg. The only thing I can't get is it to do 99999 damage to Nemesis, despite 255 in Strength.

TheSpoonyBard
04-14-2006, 08:58 PM
I'm almost POSITIVE defense+ doesn't help any more if you have your stats max'd, but I could be wrong
Defence +20% does reduce damage even if you have 255 Defence. Cheer also reduces damage at max stats. It's useful against Penance's Obliteration and Immolation and the Arm's normal attacks..

Yuffie514
04-15-2006, 07:45 AM
Break HP Limit for all characters. i never found the use for much MP, especially when Osmosis is available.

Little Blue
04-15-2006, 10:43 AM
I usually have BHPL, Ribbon, Auto-Phoenix and either HP+30% or Auto-Haste depending on how bothered I can be to get high HP (I aim for 99,999).

When I go for the final battles, I'll switch it to something without Auto-Phoenix, possible Auto-Regen since you get Auto-Phoenix automatically in those battles...

I typically use the Celestial Weapons, but Tidus' Sigil is proving to be very hard for me to win in my current game...

farplaner
04-16-2006, 06:57 AM
Must be nice to get the ribbon ability (Int'l. version right?), especially when first venturing through Omega Ruins and running into ...whatever the version of Malboros are called there. On one file I wanted to stretch the limits so I got BHPL & BMPL for everybody, then realized that BMPL is completely unnecessary (as has been previously mentioned). So I turned my attentions to HP (just for the "haul" of it). With every character using the minimum number of +4 attribute spheres to get to 255, I erased everything and reaplced it with HP (excluding about 1,200 MP and about 67 luck). I think I have done about all that I can, and my characters all have about 76,000-78,000 HP.