PDA

View Full Version : The Evolution of Cloud

figueroaglenn
04-11-2006, 12:11 AM
I've only been able to see the Japanese version of Advent Children, but the thing that intrigued me the most was the progress of Cloud's character. You don't really get much character development in video games. (it's really the same Cloud in any FF or Kingdomheart's game) But I like how Cloud was this brooding and haunted guy at the beginning and then he went through a "trial of fire" and was re-born.
i feel like this movie is going to begin a whole sub-story to Final Fantasy... like the Final Fantasy 7 world-lineage.

Has anyone seen the English version? Do you own it? Does this character advancement make it through the translation? can anyone tell me any other differences?

FallenAngel411
04-11-2006, 05:38 AM
I don't think it's been released yet.

But I felt that his character had nothing to do with who he was in the game. They completely changed his personality. Unless he didn't come through the way he was intended in the translation of the game.

figueroaglenn
04-14-2006, 06:23 PM
How do you think Cloud differs in the movie from the video game? Which of his charater's did you like better, the video game or the movie?

You are right, I was checking and Advent Children isn't released until April 25th. I am excited about picking up a copy. i feel like Advent Children is setting the same kind of standards for CG movies as Final Fantasy 7 did for video games.

I hear that it is going to be a double-DVD. Anyone know what kind of special features are going to be on the second disk?