PDA

View Full Version : Via Infinito Dilemma

BG-57
04-11-2006, 12:44 AM
I'm not asking how to get through or defeat the bosses per se. Just a couple of questions:

1) Will undertaking this dungeon prevent me from getting the Mascot Dressphere if I don't get through all the levels? Can I still avoid this dungeon completely and get the Dressphere anyway?

2) If I'm trying to collect Oversouled monsters of every species, should I not go deeper until I get the Oversouled monsters for each level?

Tavrobel
04-11-2006, 01:12 AM
I'm not asking how to get through or defeat the bosses per se. Just a couple of questions:

1) Will undertaking this dungeon prevent me from getting the Mascot Dressphere if I don't get through all the levels? Can I still avoid this dungeon completely and get the Dressphere anyway?

2) If I'm trying to collect Oversouled monsters of every species, should I not go deeper until I get the Oversouled monsters for each level?

No. Going to Zanarkand last on your list will prevent you from getting it, however. Via Infinito is not counted in the game's requirements for Mascot, since you can get an Episode Complete in Bevelle, regardless of affiliation.

If you want. This is your preference, of course, and it'll net you a very nice Iron Duke for your efforts.

Yuna_wannabe
04-11-2006, 01:22 AM

the only thing you really need for the mascot is to complete all of chapter 5 without doing Zanarkand last. so do what ya gotta do

BG-57
05-02-2006, 12:30 PM
Update

Okay, I made it to the last level. I managed to get every monster that could be oversouled, except for Paragon, obviously. However, I oversouled Omega Weapon again and ran, so Paragon would oversoul, only he didn't. Do I have to oversoul Ultima Weapon instead?

Little Blue
05-03-2006, 09:36 AM
If you didn't have to reset or beat a Weapon since you oversouled Omega Weapon, Paragon should be oversouled... A thing I noticed is that it may take some time for the oersoul to kick in, but it should be before the fiends first move... Try and find another weapon and see if it oversouls. If not, start pounding again until they do... Just don't go back up the Via to find one or you'll have to walk all they way back down to 100

BG-57
05-05-2006, 12:32 PM
I went back and Oversouled Omega Weapon again. Worked like a charm. :)

Paragon's such a pushover in Oversoul too! He just sat there while I prepared with Chocobo Wings and Curtains. Trema was tough, but the gamefaqs.com strategies worked perfectly. The only character that died at all was Yuna, and that was because of the Cat Nip.

Iron Duke is nifty as is The End Garment Grid. I take it Finale instantly kills any enemy?

Shaun_lawless
05-05-2006, 02:48 PM
good for you

Dark Paladin
05-08-2006, 11:11 AM
In Via Infinito form Concherer onwards it doesn't kill enemies instantly.

Apparently to do maximum damage (99,999), the character using it must never have run away from a battle.

It would kill the main storyline bosses right-out. However much i'd love to see what the Finale attack looks like i'm far too impatient to get 'The End' garment grid. I might try still...:D

BG-57
05-08-2006, 12:27 PM
I'll try it out and let you know.

Edit: Wow, Finale is very underwhelming. Just a physical attack with a little glow.

I understand what you mean though. It took me countless hours to get through Via Infinito, including the time it took to Oversoul everything.