PDA

View Full Version : Non-humans being ignored?

zbonks
04-11-2006, 02:02 AM
OKay i have noticed that all the non-humanoid characters are ignored in FFs. Like Red XIII was kinda treated like a pet and not a character. In advent children he was only given one crummy line:mad: The blue guy in X also( forgot how to spell his name Kim something)

I dont know! has anyone else noticed this:confused:

Ballistix Man
04-11-2006, 02:12 AM
Kimahri and Red XIII were treated witht the utmost respect.

Levian
04-11-2006, 02:24 AM
Steiner was the only human in FFIX, and the only one who wasn't respected.

Zeromus_X
04-11-2006, 02:28 AM
I think Red not getting alot of lines in AC was because he was voiced by some Japanese celebrity, although he's a guy of few words and a mysterious character in the first place.

Anyway, I don't really see what you mean. Most of the different 'races' or 'species' in FF games are treated with alot of respect. *shrugs* :cat:

Dell
04-11-2006, 10:09 AM
See in FFX/FFX-2

They make Guado become bad
They kill Ronso not human
They despise Al Bhed (though Al Bhed is human)
They treated Hypello as servant
They make Shoopuf a taxi, the elephant must be tired
They make Kimahri less useful like the other in battle

In FFIX, they specially respect non-human, Steiner and Beatrix is the only human playable character.

FFVIII specialize in human, not too much race of unhuman in FFVIII.

FFVII Nanaki is treated well, in AC, Nanaki is treated like a dog, Nanaki...is my favourite.....
Cait Sith also, He just like Kimahri, less useful, can they make this unhuman useful a bit.

Square have chosen, wedo not have the right to do anything, that's their choice.

TheSpoonyBard
04-11-2006, 10:15 AM
FFVIII specialize in human, not too much race of unhuman in FFVIII.
The Shumi ostracised themselves from the world and Moombas were treated as slaves.

They make Guado become bad
The Guado were only following Yevon's orders when they attacked Home. Only Seymour was truly bad, and he was only half Guado.

TheAbominatrix
04-11-2006, 10:31 AM
They kill so many humans in FFX, not just Ronso. In fact I didnt see many Ronso killed at all.

Al Bhed are humans, just another race.

Shoopufs are animals, and ridden just the same as horses or elephants. They dont treat them badly, they just use them as work, and I dont think walking is very hard. Its not like there's any proof that they work them to the point of exhaustion or any such thing.

Red XIII was not treated badly at all in AC. He was a very minor character, and he did Cait Sith a favor by carrying him around.

Avathar
04-11-2006, 12:33 PM
Steiner was the only human in FFIX, and the only one who wasn't respected.

Zidane: Genome
Vivi: Black Mage
Garnet: Human (Summoner)
Steiner: Human
Eiko: Human (Summoner)
Amarant: Human (although a green skin...)
Freya: Ratfolk
Quina: Qu

Steiner, the only human?:confused:

TheSpoonyBard
04-11-2006, 12:34 PM
I've not seen many humans with horns protruding from their foreheads, nor have I seen many with green skin.

The Devourer Of Worlds
04-11-2006, 12:52 PM
They kill so many humans in FFX, not just Ronso. In fact I didnt see many Ronso killed at all.
Well, Seymour killed enough for them to be pissed about it in FFX-2...

TheAbominatrix
04-11-2006, 12:54 PM
Hm, dont remember that at all. But still, it's not like the Ronso were singled out. Tons of people were killed by Sin.

Avathar
04-11-2006, 01:00 PM
I've not seen many humans with horns protruding from their foreheads, nor have I seen many with green skin.

Okay, but Garnet, Eiko and Amarant are still humanoid. (So you got a Summoners Specie, but what is Amarant then? (or was his green skin a reference to a FF-character called Salamder?)

TheSpoonyBard
04-11-2006, 01:08 PM
There's a difference between being humanoid and being a human. Quina is humanoid (one head, two arms, two legs, etc), but she's a Qu, not a human. Likewise, Eiko and Garnet are summoners, a special breed with horns and the power to call eidolons. I've no idea what Amarant is, though I think Salamander was his original name.

The Devourer Of Worlds
04-11-2006, 01:52 PM
Hm, dont remember that at all. But still, it's not like the Ronso were singled out. Tons of people were killed by Sin.
They weren't really singled out by Seymour, but when they got in his way on Mt Gagazet he exterminated practically all of the Ronso on the mountain.

In FFX-2, one of the sub-plots revolves around the Ronso's growing resentment for the Guado due to this incident.

TheAbominatrix
04-11-2006, 02:04 PM
Ah yes yes, now I remember. The Ronso were upset when the party tried to pass through Mt. Gagazet, right?

And I didnt mean they were singled out by a bad guy, I mean they werent singled out for death in the game. It wasnt like only Ronsos died in FFX.

rubah
04-12-2006, 01:15 AM
Actually

When Seymour followed yuna and her party up Mt. Gagazet, they obliterated the ronsos. That's why kimarhi gets so pissed. And that's why there's almost no adult ronso in ffx-2 (well males anyways). They threw themselves in seymour's path to stop him from getting to yuna whom they respected and seymour mowed them all down.

[edit- I see someone else said it first ;.;]

[a long time ago too xD]

TheAbominatrix
04-12-2006, 01:17 AM
Yeah I remember all that now, but what I'm saying is that that specific race/species was not singled out in the death tolls of the game itself.

rubah
04-12-2006, 01:25 AM
I was thinking more like the creators of the game felt it necessary to wipe out an entire race they created. I mean, they can do that, but that's harshxD

Avathar
04-12-2006, 10:17 AM
I was thinking more like the creators of the game felt it necessary to wipe out an entire race they created. I mean, they can do that, but that's harshxD

FFVI: Espers
FFIX: Summoners / and Ratfolk

^_^