PDA

View Full Version : i love finalfantyasy 8 way better than 6

tenhitcombo
04-11-2006, 04:34 AM
isnt it great>?best graphics on psx cool main character and awesome story this is my favorite final fantasy . oh and cool music.tell me why this one is better than 6

TheAbominatrix
04-11-2006, 04:40 AM
I dont know why you have to keep harping on this FFVI business. If you dont like it, fine, but jeez we dont need to hear it constantly.

Anyway, I didnt like VIII much. I did enjoy the music, the card game, and a few of the smaller characters (Laguna, Quistis, and Raine). The story had far too many lame things, particularily the 'omg we're all from the same orphanage wtf', but I did think the playing the paralell story of Laguna and company was a great idea. I couldnt stand the main characters, Squall was alright, but once he got all obsessive with Rinoa I really disliked him.

The grapics were pretty in the FMVs and the backgrounds in normal game play were gorgeous, but I didnt like how pixely and grainy the characters looked against the smooth and lovely backgrounds.

Lychon
04-11-2006, 04:43 AM
isnt it great>?best graphics on psx cool main character and awesome story this is my favorite final fantasy . oh and cool music.tell me why this one is better than 6

It just is, lol . Besides all the qualities you mentioned, and not forgetting the supreme game play, FFVIII simply has that indescribable feeling of heavenly intervention which anyone who truly experiences the game can feel. Why do you think I call it a religion? FFVIII>all

ROCK ON!
-LYCHON

tenhitcombo
04-11-2006, 04:45 AM
yep i tottaly agree im going to change my sig to squall or rinoa

cloud_doll
04-13-2006, 03:08 AM
i just started playing, and i think it's better than 6. still hasn't beat 7 though (in graphics of course, but that doesn't count, does it?) i like the characters they all have great personalitys especially squall.

Kyros
04-13-2006, 04:00 AM
I loved everything about FFVIII (cept Selphie and took me a while to at least think Irvine was somewhat decent), however, I enjoyed FFVI just as much so I don't really wanna have to choose between the two. Provided the time each one came out, they were both amazing titles (my two favorite FFs along with X). I love the character development, the struggles, and they have my two favorite villains of all time so I'm not going to complain much about either one. Of course they both have some details I may not like here and there but overall they are classics in my mind and will continue to captivate me for a long time (if not forever ^^).

Avarice-ness
04-13-2006, 05:56 AM
How did I wander over here..
Seriously dude, there's more things to life than bashing 6. <3.
I did like FF8 to an extent, I basically stopped playing right after the scene with 'Eyes on Me' because of boredom, and plus my main goal was to get to that part.... Sort of like... the game ends for me in Zelda when I gain the ability to fish..
Conflict of Intrests.. Save Zelda.. Or fish?
Same thing with FF8, I had fun at the begining, with all the strange awkward school setting, but after a while I got annoyed with the dullness of the main character.
I did like Selphie though, and Zell annoyed me to death. It's not that bad of a game.. but by far my least favorite. I could just never get into it. :greenie:

Yuffie514
04-13-2006, 06:24 AM
i love it the most compared to other Final Fantasy games. it's one [B I G] notch above Final Fantasy VII and two times better than Final Fantasy VI.

DoaJ
04-13-2006, 03:27 PM
Hmmm...I'm almost surprised that nobody compared it to IX...unless I missed it. I enjoyed 8 much more than 9, especially since 9 (obviously) came out after, but the grahpics weren't nearly as good. Also, a horrible selection in GFs in 9. 8 was gggrrrrrreeaaaaaAAAAttt!!! *frosted flakes*....o.o

Kyros
04-13-2006, 04:09 PM
I had many problems with IX. For one you go on this assignment to be able to summon then you find a billion of the gems afterwards that let you learn them wtf. You also have a bunch of retarded characters. Oh look I'm Steiner, I swing sword really hard and therefore I'm a cool character. Zidane was a stupid character who should have died in the end but the supposedly evil villain saves him wtf lame. The villains sucked, the big secret boss was a giant ball that sucked hard and was easy to beat, and you had a hint of pedophilia -_-; wtf

Anyway FFVI was a great game in it's own. It concentrated on each individual character much more than most rpgs while intertwining character development into it. FFVI centered a lot of stuff around either Terra or Locke therefore making it have more than one main character (omg FFXII won't be the first O.O XD).

cloud_doll
04-13-2006, 05:53 PM
yeah i like 8's graphics better than 9's. but i didn't like the battle scene graphics they were too pixely...
8 for me wasn't hard at all to get into. i like rinoa and squall so i keep playing just to see when they're gonna get together. one thing that was stupid that i just played today was the whole orphanage thing. yeah, they all went to the same orphanage then they all ended up saving the world together. well i guess its possible cuz the worlds so damn small....but kinda corny if you ask me.

*~Angel Wing~*
04-13-2006, 06:17 PM
It just is, lol . Besides all the qualities you mentioned, and not forgetting the supreme game play, FFVIII simply has that indescribable feeling of heavenly intervention which anyone who truly experiences the game can feel. Why do you think I call it a religion? FFVIII>all

ROCK ON!
-LYCHON
Final Fantasy VIII is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE GAME!!! :kaolove2: :kaohappy2 and I doubt if anything will ever change that. Kingdom Hearts DEFINETLY comes 2nd though!!! :jess:

Shiny
04-13-2006, 06:36 PM
I dont know why you have to keep harping on this FFVI business. If you dont like it, fine, but jeez we dont need to hear it constantly.

Anyway, I didnt like VIII much. I did enjoy the music, the card game, and a few of the smaller characters (Laguna, Quistis, and Raine). The story had far too many lame things, particularily the 'omg we're all from the same orphanage wtf', but I did think the playing the paralell story of Laguna and company was a great idea. I couldnt stand the main characters, Squall was alright, but once he got all obsessive with Rinoa I really disliked him.

Oh you couldn't have said what I wanted to say any better. THANKYOU! I'll like to add that hated Quistis and Rinoa though. Rinoa was a "loose woman" and spoiled. Quistis had abosulutely no persona of her own. Overall the characters and the gameplay could have been better. The characters from 6 are much better anyway.

yeah i like 8's graphics better than 9's.
But 9 is prettier than 8. :(

yeah, they all went to the same orphanage then they all ended up saving the world together. well i guess its possible cuz the worlds so damn small....but kinda corny if you ask me.
Somewhat, but I like how everything was weaved together like that. It made the pieces to the puzzle connect.

tenhitcombo
04-15-2006, 03:53 AM
no the story in 6 suked as well and compared to 8 now is nothing all the characters do gay motions when they lvl up and it is just plain boring i fell asleep after playing 6 for 3o mins. the loading is way to slow!

silentenigma
04-15-2006, 04:05 AM
Hey ten hit combo, try posting this same thread in the Final Fantasy VI section and see how much you get killed over.

Anyway I liked FFVI WAY better than FFVIII. Final Fantasy VIII's storyline was actually quite shallow, seriously.

Also, you shouldn't make fun of Final Fantasy VI's graphics, it was on the freaking Super Nintendo. Those were top notch graphics and animations for the time.

If you want to complain about load times, then burn your Final Fantasy Anthology
version and get a rom or a SNES cartridge to stay legal. When Square ported FF6 to the PS1, the load times got all screwed up. Don't hold that against the original game.

You need to think more oldskool.

tenhitcombo
04-15-2006, 04:09 AM
i do think old school street fighter and mortal kombat.
but today , i mean RIGHT NOW 6 is boring combared to 8, maybe it was better when u played it in the 1990s but in the new era it fails to shine

silentenigma
04-15-2006, 04:15 AM
FYI, the first time I EVER played an FF game was oh, 3 years ago.
The first time I played Final Fantasy VI was this past summer.

time·less adj. Independent of time; eternal; Staying of equal value throughout time.

vampirepiggyhunter7
04-15-2006, 04:20 AM
Please quit calling it finalfantasy. It's just annoying to me but I'm touchy like that.

I like FFVIII okay, but it's not one of my favorites.
I came into FF late, and haven't quite played 6, so I can't really vote though...

tenhitcombo
04-15-2006, 04:42 AM
no need to play 6 if u got in to ff late like me you wouldnt like 6

vampirepiggyhunter7
04-15-2006, 04:50 AM
Actually I probably would. But thank you for your advice.
I tend to get frustrated with the later ones. Not the games themselves, but the battles taking long to load (especially in IX) is quite annoying.

...And I easily get headaches from a television screen. More than I should.

Tavrobel
04-15-2006, 04:55 AM
Well, if you stopped worrying about the law, then you'd get past all them wait times and suckageness of the PSX version of FFIV, which smurfed the original version (which is is better). Laws set forth by the law making bodies of the world aren't set in stone... they are more like guidelines.

So get yourself an illegal ROM copy of a game you don't own, and emulate it on your emulator. Emulators aren't illegal, just ROMs. You'd definitely enjoy it. I'm not sure of whether or not you'd like it as much as FFVIII, but that's your opinion.

i do think old school street fighter and mortal kombat.
but today , i mean RIGHT NOW 6 is boring combared to 8, maybe it was better when u played it in the 1990s but in the new era it fails to shine

Uhh huh. Old == boring. So that means I need to stop playing Tetris on my graphing calculator, or listening to my history teacher, (who is the pwnage). Also by this logic, this means FFX-2 > FFVIII. After all, in the "new era", anything from the past is considered not of good worth. So, we SHOULDN'T learn anything significant from the past, because it does not shine. I completely agree.

I find immense flaw in your logic, which passes off something that can only be explained or justified by opinion, as fact.

tenhitcombo
04-15-2006, 05:02 AM
thanks

Moon Rabbits
04-15-2006, 06:18 AM

I got into FF 'late' as in FF7. I still prefer IV to all the FFs though.

So your point is moot...even if I like a newer ff...it's still moot.

tenhitcombo
04-15-2006, 06:21 AM
ok moot

Kyros
04-15-2006, 02:27 PM
ok moot
So is your point now to just spam this topic with posts that don't contribute to what we're supposed to be talking about? FFVI might not meet on the same levels as FFVIII in all respects, but it's better in other places. Of course the graphics aren't going to be as good because it's a much older game, but I found the overall actual character development to be better, and FFVI involved all of its main characters much more than FFVIII did. I would go as far to say that there hasn't been a Final Fantasy since FFVI that used its main character lineup as much. Also, if you want to whine about load times then FFVIII has longer ones due to the fact that the original FFVI for snes had little/no loading time due to it being on a catridge. If you really liked the FF series then you'd stop whining about all the little details that don't involve the actual game and its main qualities.

silentenigma
04-15-2006, 03:58 PM
yeppers. Besides, Mr. TenHit, by your logic, you should HATE FFVIII by now because it
is going to be 2 generations outdated in about 6 months.
Or if you count the Xbox 360, it already is.

I don't want to argue, besides I'm sure you would never give in, but I just wanted you to know that you are the only person I know that would let the age of a game ruin the fun of it, and then ANNOUNCE IT PROUDLY TO EVERYONE.

Leeza
04-18-2006, 03:43 AM
Since he already has all the answers, there's no need for this thread anymore.